PDA

View Full Version : GET A QB ALREADY

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
SO sick of this ****.

GET ME A QB DAMMIT!~!!!!!!!

Skooby
02-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Clear, concise & to the point. I like it.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2013, 11:37 AM
EXACTLY!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2013, 11:39 AM
SO sick of this ****.

GET ME A QB DAMMIT!~!!!!!!!
No **** Sherlock.

The problem is finding one and from where.

What, you want garbage backups like Alex Smith and Chase Daniels? Or which unproven non-blue chip rookie like Nassib or Wilson would you like?

If there's a Peyton Manning store, I think we'd already be camping overnight to be first in line.

Skooby
02-04-2013, 11:40 AM
No **** Sherlock.

What, you want garbage backups like Alex Smith and Chase Daniels? Or which unproven non-blue chip rookie like Nassib or Wilson would you like?

If there's a Peyton Manning store, I think we'd already be camping overnight to be first in line.

We need to Barkley up the right tree.

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2013, 11:45 AM
We need to Barkley up the right tree.
Hell no.

Bill Cody
02-04-2013, 11:53 AM

Would we? There was such a store open last year and I don't recall us even being in the line

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Would we? There was such a store open last year and I don't recall us even being in the line
That was when Buddy was married to Chan who was married to Fitz.

Buddy has had a divorce since then.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2013, 12:11 PM
No **** Sherlock.

WHATEVER IT TAKES.

SICK OF THIS WE AREN'T GETTING MANNING SO WHY BOTHER HORSE ****

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2013, 12:12 PM
I would take Barkley in a heartbeat.

PTI
02-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Just take Barkley at 8 if he is there, please.

Slim
02-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Barkley is the best QB for the offense Marrone runs. I live in Southern California, I hate USC, but I would be pretty happy if Matt ends up a Bill.

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2013, 12:43 PM
I don't love Barkley but considering the alternatives this year, I guess I wouldn't kill myself.

Mahdi
02-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Would rather have Glennon over Barkely. At least Glennon has a big arm and is a tall kid that can see over the line. Seems a lot like Flacco.

fluteflakes
02-04-2013, 12:56 PM
I sure as **** wouldn't want Barkley. An unaccurate, weak armed QB who gets happy feet when a defender sneezes on him? I thought we wanted an upgrade over Fitzy.

Wilson sure as **** is a Blue Chip prospect, I'v seen far more scouts than not who have him in the top ten, I'v chatted with a scout on another board who thinks he should go first overall. If we got him I'd be ecstatic. Anybody else (Geno non-withstanding of course) I'd be relatively Meh to pissed off.

Skooby
02-04-2013, 01:15 PM
I don't love Barkley but considering the alternatives this year, I guess I wouldn't kill myself.

What would it take for you to cross that line ??

J/K.

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Would rather have Glennon over Barkely. At least Glennon has a big arm and is a tall kid that can see over the line. Seems a lot like Flacco.
Glennon is so inaccurate he makes Fitz look like Tom Brady.

I'd rather have Barkley or Wilson than Glennon. The only thing he has going for him is his height and his gangly frame reminds people of Flacco.

better days
02-04-2013, 01:50 PM

I'd rather have Barkley or Wilson than Glennon. The only thing he has going for him is his height and his gangly frame reminds people of Flacco.

Well, Glennon also has a GREAT arm. He can fling the ball downfield. John Murphy has Tyler Wilson as his favorite followed by Glennon & I am with him on that.

Mahdi
02-04-2013, 01:51 PM

There could be several reasons for that inaccuracy. For example, he was sacked 67 times in the two seasons he started. That can affect your accuracy and INT ratio.

Overall he had pretty decent numbers though. Threw for about 60% average over both years and also had 62 TD. With a good offensive line, running game, and quality coaching he can be a good QB.

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2013, 02:10 PM
What would it take for you to cross that line ??

J/K.
MARCELL DARIUS POWER to start a few more threads loving then hating Barkely.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-04-2013, 03:07 PM
WHATEVER IT TAKES.

SICK OF THIS WE AREN'T GETTING MANNING SO WHY BOTHER HORSE ****

i agree 110%

guys like luck/manning/elway come along every 6-12 years... it's absurd to hope for that type of pick...

but when you have a chance at cutler/freeman/rg3 trade up/dalton/osweiler/wilson/kaep you start to wonder wtf is going on up top. even the dumbest fan will see that it starts and ends with a qb, and if you dont have one, you draft one every year. even the pats took mallett or draft some qb in the 7th...

there are 5 qbs worth " taking a chance on"

barkley
geno
glennon
wilson
manuel...

if they dont get alex smith, and dont draft one of these guys, well.... i dont know wtf is going on... that would be random.

in fact, im pretty sure geno/barkley will be gone, and wilson will be on the board. nix's hand will be forced. it's just idiotic to pass on a good prospect like wilson when you have **** at qb...

give me a break with the rhetoric of not taking a qb this year. **** is getting old

fluteflakes
02-04-2013, 03:24 PM
I'll say it all day, there is no chance Barkley is gone in the top ten. None. Look at the teams who need a QB there, and tell me what system he would work in? Arians? Hell no, he doesn't have the arm for that system, and purportedly he's in love with Glennon. The Jags are most likely going to take Star or Werner, they need D-line help in the worst way and I think Shad is more than willing to tank for a year to get Teddy. Browns are rolling with Weeden for another season.

See, that's the problem with a lot of mock drafts who just put who they think is the #2-#3 QB to any team. They don't stop to think weather or not the QB fits what the team wants to do with their offense. Barkley will be a late first round pick to a team like the Cowboys or the Texans or the Pats. The earliest I can see him going is to the Jets at #9 because of the Mornhinweg offense their going to run, is predicated on a more west coast style of offense.

Teams that take any QB because they desperately need one set the franchise back years. If we don't take one in this draft till the third I wouldn't be surprised, nor even mad. This team has a lot of needs and we only have 7 picks this year. This is a weak class once you get past Smith and Wilson, Dysert, Glennon, Nassib, and Barkley are guys that have potential but they shouldn't start right away.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I'll say it all day, there is no chance Barkley is gone in the top ten. None. Look at the teams who need a QB there, and tell me what system he would work in? Arians? Hell no, he doesn't have the arm for that system, and purportedly he's in love with Glennon. The Jags are most likely going to take Star or Werner, they need D-line help in the worst way and I think Shad is more than willing to tank for a year to get Teddy. Browns are rolling with Weeden for another season.

See, that's the problem with a lot of mock drafts who just put who they think is the #2-#3 QB to any team. They don't stop to think weather or not the QB fits what the team wants to do with their offense. Barkley will be a late first round pick to a team like the Cowboys or the Texans or the Pats. The earliest I can see him going is to the Jets at #9 because of the Mornhinweg offense their going to run, is predicated on a more west coast style of offense.

i agree here generally with what you said. but that is not the point. the point is taking a chance on a decent qb prospect... and we havent done that in 15 years outside of a trade up late for losman...

fluteflakes
02-04-2013, 03:28 PM
And I agree that this team needs a QB in the worst way. But I don't think we should waste a pick on one, especially in this class, because we'll be stuck with him for 2-3 years and if he's bad we do nothing but waste the talent we do have and spend ANOTHER decade trying to improve again.

If we draft a guy I want them to do it RIGHT, not just because we need a "franchise" type guy. Weather he's a 1st round or a 3rd round prospect, he has to fit what we want to do and what's best for the team.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-04-2013, 03:30 PM
And I agree that this team needs a QB in the worst way. But I don't think we should waste a pick on one, especially in this class, because we'll be stuck with him for 2-3 years and if he's bad we do nothing but waste the talent we do have and spend ANOTHER decade trying to improve again.

If we draft a guy I want them to do it RIGHT, not just because we need a "franchise" type guy. Weather he's a 1st round or a 3rd round prospect, he has to fit what we want to do and what's best for the team.

dude, if we draft a qb and he sucks, we draft a qb next year. what you said makes no logical sense.

and if we dont take a qb this year, who the hell plays qb?

NOT THE DUDE...
02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
there are 5 qbs that match up stock wise with many of the qbs taken the past 5 years...

like i said, if they cant get alex, and they pass on a qb at 8...

the fo is dumb as ****

fluteflakes
02-04-2013, 03:36 PM
dude, if we draft a qb and he sucks, we draft a qb next year. what you said makes no logical sense.

What are you talking about? It's common knowledge that you draft a guy, even if he sucks his rookie year, and you stick with him for 2-3 years. Unless the coaching staff gets replaced. The coaching staff and the QB are always tied together, if one leaves the other is almost assuredly replaced. It makes sense. It's how things have worked in the league for a long time. It's why we stuck with Trent for so long, and Losman, and Fitzy even though the team didn't draft him.

And most likely Fitzy or a FA will play as a stop gap guy while we groom the QB we drafted this year, regardless of weather or not he's good. There aren't any "finished product" plug and play guys at QB this year aside from Geno, and even he's iffy.

ublinkwescore
02-04-2013, 06:53 PM
All aboard the EJ to TJ connection!!

Night Train
02-04-2013, 07:05 PM
GET A QB IN CAPS IS VERY INTIMIDATING !

WITHOUT ANY SOLUTIONS, IT DOESN'T MEAN MUCH !

WE ALL KNOW WE NEED A QB...MY GOD, I CAN'T STOP TYPING IN CAPS !

better days
02-04-2013, 08:02 PM

If the Bills don't draft a QB this year, then we are definitely going to waste the talent we do have for at least another year. I will bet at least 2 or three QBs in this draft will be better than any the Bills have had the last 13 years.

better days
02-04-2013, 08:03 PM

Rather have Tyler wilson myself.

X-Era
02-04-2013, 09:10 PM
I still like Geno Smith more than any of the others.

My rankings would be like this:

1) Geno Smith
2) Matt Barkley
3) Tyler Wilson
4) EJ Manuel
5) Mike Glennon
6) Ryan Nassib
7) Landry Jones

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 07:56 AM
i agree 110%

guys like luck/manning/elway come along every 6-12 years... it's absurd to hope for that type of pick...

but when you have a chance at cutler/freeman/rg3 trade up/dalton/osweiler/wilson/kaep you start to wonder wtf is going on up top. even the dumbest fan will see that it starts and ends with a qb, and if you dont have one, you draft one every year. even the pats took mallett or draft some qb in the 7th...

barkley
geno
glennon
wilson
manuel...

if they dont get alex smith, and dont draft one of these guys, well.... i dont know wtf is going on... that would be random.

in fact, im pretty sure geno/barkley will be gone, and wilson will be on the board. nix's hand will be forced. it's just idiotic to pass on a good prospect like wilson when you have **** at qb...

give me a break with the rhetoric of not taking a qb this year. **** is getting old

MDP you and I are on the same page brother!!! :hi5:

- - - Updated - - -

GET A QB IN CAPS IS VERY INTIMIDATING !

WITHOUT ANY SOLUTIONS, IT DOESN'T MEAN MUCH !

WE ALL KNOW WE NEED A QB...MY GOD, I CAN'T STOP TYPING IN CAPS !

STFU AND GET ME A QB ALREADY......STOP IT!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I AM CLIMBING ABOARD UBLINK!!

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 07:57 AM

THIS IS THE CRAP I AM TALKING ABOUT.... GET ME A QB AND STOP WASTING DECADES!!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 07:59 AM
If the Bills don't draft a QB this year, then we are definitely going to waste the talent we do have for at least another year. I will bet at least 2 or three QBs in this draft will be better than any the Bills have had the last 13 years.

AMEN!!!!! GET US A QB

trapezeus
02-05-2013, 08:21 AM
No **** Sherlock.

There was a manning store last year, and we decided against it.

ServoBillieves
02-05-2013, 08:45 AM
IT'S BEEN A FULL ****ING DAY SINCE THIS THREAD WAS MADE, WHY HAVEN'T WE DONE ANYTHING ABOUT THE QUARTERBACK SITUATION YET?!!??! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

better days
02-05-2013, 08:53 AM
What are you talking about? It's common knowledge that you draft a guy, even if he sucks his rookie year, and you stick with him for 2-3 years. Unless the coaching staff gets replaced. The coaching staff and the QB are always tied together, if one leaves the other is almost assuredly replaced. It makes sense. It's how things have worked in the league for a long time. It's why we stuck with Trent for so long, and Losman, and Fitzy even though the team didn't draft him.

And most likely Fitzy or a FA will play as a stop gap guy while we groom the QB we drafted this year, regardless of weather or not he's good. There aren't any "finished product" plug and play guys at QB this year aside from Geno, and even he's iffy.

Nobody expected Ryan Tannehill to start last year, but he beat out Matt Moore & David Garrard & earned the starting job. You have no idea nor do I who among the rookies will earn a starting job this year, but I would bet at least a couple rookies start.

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 08:56 AM
IT'S BEEN A FULL ****ING DAY SINCE THIS THREAD WAS MADE, WHY HAVEN'T WE DONE ANYTHING ABOUT THE QUARTERBACK SITUATION YET?!!??! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! GET ME THAT QB DAMMIT!!

better days
02-05-2013, 09:03 AM
SERIOUSLY!!!!!! GET ME THAT QB DAMMIT!!

As a Bills fan the fun is about to start. FA & the draft, then with a new Coaching staff we get extra time in Camp.

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 09:09 AM
As a Bills fan the fun is about to start. FA & the draft, then with a new Coaching staff we get extra time in Camp.

WHERE IS MY QB??

better days
02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
WHERE IS MY QB??

Due diligence is holding it up if not the draft I guess.

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Due diligence is holding it up if not the draft I guess.

DILLIGENCE IS OVERDUE ON THIS SEARCH..... MAKE IT HAPPEN

ublinkwescore
02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Qbs I will be happy with from this draft - EJ, Glennon, Nassib, Wilson... and that is it...

mjt328
02-05-2013, 10:00 AM
i agree 110%

barkley
geno
glennon
wilson
manuel...

I agree completely. Can't miss prospects are rare, and it takes incredible luck to be in the position to grab one.

If you keep passing on QB prospects, hoping for the perfect guy to fall in your lap - you will be waiting forever. That's why teams have scouts and talent evaluators, so they know which "flawed" prospects have the best chance to succeed - and which ones are more likely doomed to failure. Then you take a chance and use all of your resources to help them develop.

Aaron Rodgers had enough question marks on draft day that the 49ers took Alex Smith instead. He then plummeted past every team that needed a quarterback, before landing in the laps of the Green Bay Packers - who already had Brett Favre. Today, Rodgers is probably the best quarterback in football. Many people thought Matt Ryan was a reach in the top 10, but the Falcons took him anyway - and that turned out great for them.

The Bills front office has been absolutely stupid for REFUSING to take a chance and draft a developmental quarterback. The fact that a couple of them have turned out pretty good - Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson - only makes things worse.

k-oneputt
02-05-2013, 10:08 AM
They Packers brought Rodgers along the right way. Like Brady was brought along and how they are currently bringing Mallett along. They were able to sit ,learn, and develop under very good qb's and very good coaching.
In todays league and with the Bills situation they can't do that now. They will have to draft their qb and get him ready to play sooner rather then later. This philosphy can also work but it is harder and we will have to have some patience.

Mouldsie
02-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Our QB was in the last draft. Stupid Bills.

This year I favor Wilson then I think Dysert

TacklingDummy
02-05-2013, 11:27 AM
My sources tell me don't be surprised the Bills trade for Matt Flynn.

better days
02-05-2013, 11:36 AM

Better him than Alex Smith IMO.

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Better him than Alex Smith IMO.

REALLY???? I AM INCLINED TO RATHER HAVE SMITH

FLYNN SCREAMS ROB JOHNSON TO ME. 1 GOOD GAME AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

BUUUUUUTTT GET ME THAT QB NO MATTER HOW.

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 12:13 PM

YOUR SOURCES ARE WORKING ON GETTING ME A QB I LIKE IT!

better days
02-05-2013, 12:27 PM
REALLY???? I AM INCLINED TO RATHER HAVE SMITH

FLYNN SCREAMS ROB JOHNSON TO ME. 1 GOOD GAME AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

BUUUUUUTTT GET ME THAT QB NO MATTER HOW.

Can't argue that he is not Rob Johnson, but at least he has played in an offense that throws the ball down field & he has played in WINTER Conditions. Alex Smith has only played well in his fairly long career for one Coach, Harbaugh. I trust Flynn over Smith myself to play well in Buffalo.

PTI
02-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Flynn at least won something. He was MVP of the BCS game, had 4 TD passes in that game against a good Ohio State defense. He was challenged for playing time by Jamarcus Russell. His situation reminded me a little of the Brady and Drew Stanton situation,the one guy was supremely physically gifted but the other guy was a heady and solid player.

I would take Flynn and let him start next year without a doubt.

Rob Johnson won nothing in college for the most part. Brady was a part of a few very successful teams, and Flynn, like I said won a title.

better days
02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Flynn at least won something. He was MVP of the BCS game, had 4 TD passes in that game against a good Ohio State defense. He was challenged for playing time by Jamarcus Russell. His situation reminded me a little of the Brady and Drew Stanton situation,the one guy was supremely physically gifted but the other guy was a heady and solid player.

Rob Johnson won nothing in college for the most part. Brady was a part of a few very successful teams, and Flynn, like I said won a title.

And Alex Smith supporters say that losing out to Kaepernick is OK because Kaepernick is so amazing. Well, Russell Wilson is pretty amazing as well. I am on board the Flynn bandwagon.

PTI
02-05-2013, 01:45 PM
And Alex Smith supporters say that losing out to Kaepernick is OK because Kaepernick is so amazing. Well, Russell Wilson is pretty amazing as well. I am on board the Flynn bandwagon.

I think Smith can hold the fort. I like Smith, I think he has got better over the years. Can he still get better? Perhaps. I sometimes like to choose a somewhat unknown commodity in these choices. That is why I was always in the anyone but Fitz category, you should be able to fart 4 wins in a season and throw up 16 easily with anyone at all at QB over a 3 year period.

Some used to say Fitz could be the next Gannon too. Fitz wasn't even close to that actual situation. Fitz had no success before Buffalo and played on 2 bad teams. Gannon had reasonable success as a backup and actually played on 2 pretty good teams, while on the Vikings and Chiefs 4 times those teams won 13 games, then he went to his 3rd team and found success.

There is no recent history of a guy finding success on his 3rd team, none at all. Flynn would have to break the mold to be like Gannon, and when I say success, I mean multiple years of playing well and the team making the playoffs. This would lead to wanting Smith more then.

However, Flynn, like I said, has a Brady from his college success, and has actually been a backup now on 2 pretty good franchises at the moment in Green Bay and Seattle, which has a touch of Gannon.

On board big for Flynn, would be OK with Smith, but would take a QB higher if went with Smith in the draft, would take one in like the 5th if we went with Flynn.

Maybe Seattle would give us Flynn for already giving them a 7th for letting Jackson never play?

Mouldsie
02-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Where'd the Bills get their QB? The jerk store!?

better days
02-05-2013, 01:52 PM
I think Smith can hold the fort. I like Smith, I think he has got better over the years. Can he still get better? Perhaps. I sometimes like to choose a somewhat unknown commodity in these choices. That is why I was always in the anyone but Fitz category, you should be able to fart 4 wins in a season and throw up 16 easily with anyone at all at QB over a 3 year period.

Some used to say Fitz could be the next Gannon too. Fitz wasn't even close to that actual situation. Fitz had no success before Buffalo and played on 2 bad teams. Gannon had reasonable success as a backup and actually played on 2 pretty good teams, while on the Vikings and Chiefs 4 times those teams won 13 games, then he went to his 3rd team and found success.

There is no recent history of a guy finding success on his 3rd team, none at all. Flynn would have to break the mold to be like Gannon, and when I say success, I mean multiple years of playing well and the team making the playoffs. This would lead to wanting Smith more then.

However, Flynn, like I said, has a Brady from his college success, and has actually been a backup now on 2 pretty good franchises at the moment in Green Bay and Seattle, which has a touch of Gannon.

On board big for Flynn, would be OK with Smith, but would take a QB higher if went with Smith in the draft, would take one in like the 5th if we went with Flynn.

Maybe Seattle would give us Flynn for already giving them a 7th for letting Jackson never play?

If Smith had shown ANYTHING at all to prove he could be good before Harbaugh was made Coach, I would like him more. Can't argue that he hasn't had success with Harbaugh but I wonder if he can continue that success with anyone else Coaching him on a team with less talent than the 49ers. And he has never played on the East Coast. He may prefer to stay in the West.

Mr. Miyagi
02-05-2013, 02:18 PM
SOME PEOPLE COME UP WITH SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS !

OTHERS JUST SIT THERE AND SCREAM AND YELL !

I DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT, JUST FIX MY PROBLEM !

STOP BEING THAT GUY WHO JUST COMPLAINS ALL DAY !

THAT IS ALL !

k-oneputt
02-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Here's your solution you dumb f.

Wilson or Barkley at #8.
Nassib or Bray in the 3rd.

Two young qb's with potential. Let's see if the Bills can't screw it up.

Of course I'm sure they will find some stiff from Troy or S. Bum St. they will have to draft.

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 02:56 PM

DREW HENSON NOT DREW STANTON

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 02:59 PM
SOME PEOPLE COME UP WITH SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS !

OTHERS JUST SIT THERE AND SCREAM AND YELL !

I DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT, JUST FIX MY PROBLEM !

STOP BEING THAT GUY WHO JUST COMPLAINS ALL DAY !

THAT IS ALL !

GET ME A ****ING QB MIYAGI!!

I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS CRAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's your solution you dumb f.

Wilson or Barkley at #8.
Nassib or Bray in the 3rd.

Two young qb's with potential. Let's see if the Bills can't screw it up.

Of course I'm sure they will find some stiff from Troy or S. Bum St. they will have to draft.

FINALLY SOMEONE WORKING ON GETTING ME THE QB I NEED!

HAMMER
02-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Barkley at 8 would be a steal, you will see.

PTI
02-05-2013, 03:21 PM

Yes, wrong Drew!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, wrong Drew!!!!!!!!

You knew what I was talking about though.

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Barkley at 8 would be a steal, you will see.

I AM INCLINED TO AGREE. NOT SURE WHY THE HATE.

SEEMS LIKE PEOPLE JUST SEE A TWEET AND BELIEVE IT IS GOSPEL.....

Syderick
02-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith

Bill Cody
02-06-2013, 10:21 AM
I AM INCLINED TO AGREE. NOT SURE WHY THE HATE.

we need a tough guy in Buffalo not a pillow soft southern Cal guy. I was sold on Wilson until this business about him having girl sized hands came up. But at least Wilson is tough as nails.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2013, 11:27 AM
we need a tough guy in Buffalo not a pillow soft southern Cal guy. I was sold on Wilson until this business about him having girl sized hands came up. But at least Wilson is tough as nails.

THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING I KEEP READING.....

IS BRADY PILLOW SOFT? HOW BOUT AARON RODGERS???

IF THE GUY CAN PLAY GET HIM. I WANT A QB!!!!!

Bill Cody
02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING I KEEP READING.....

IS BRADY PILLOW SOFT? HOW BOUT AARON RODGERS???

IF THE GUY CAN PLAY GET HIM. I WANT A QB!!!!!

I do too. But I'm not convinced it's Barkley. USC seems to manufacture soft guys like Rob Johnson and Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez. Carson Palmer had a good career but a lot of these guys are over hyped and under produce at the pro level. He's only 6-2 and his arm strength is average. On the positive side Barkley is experienced and pretty smart, probably better than Fitz right now before he ever takes a snap. Decent chance we might take him so we'll see. Hey trust me I get where you're coming from.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2013, 04:42 PM
I do too. But I'm not convinced it's Barkley. USC seems to manufacture soft guys like Rob Johnson and Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez. Carson Palmer had a good career but a lot of these guys are over hyped and under produce at the pro level. He's only 6-2 and his arm strength is average. On the positive side Barkley is experienced and pretty smart, probably better than Fitz right now before he ever takes a snap. Decent chance we might take him so we'll see. Hey trust me I get where you're coming from.

:hi5: I AM GLAD WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE!

Mike
02-10-2013, 03:12 AM
That was when Buddy was married to Chan who was married to Fitz.

Buddy has had a divorce since then.

Day late and a dollar short... and that is precisely how second rate QB cost you the opportunity for drafting blue chippers and some of the guys want to do it all over again with a guy named Smith...

Mike
02-10-2013, 03:25 AM
i agree 110%

Its More 15-20 years... and the Bills had a chance to land a Top QB last year but passed! No surprise there, however what this really means is that they are about to have another 15 years of no SB... Every Generation has their top QBs who win the majority of SBs. If you don't have one of the guys the odds are heavily against you.

but when you have a chance at cutler/freeman/dalton/osweiler/ you start to wonder wtf is going on up top. even the dumbest fan will see that it starts and ends with a qb, and if you dont have one, you draft one every year. even the pats took mallett or draft some qb in the 7th...

These 3rd-4th rate guys are good for getting you that 9-11 wins when all of the other pieces are in place but historically dont win SBs. Wilson and Keap dont belong on that list.

barkley: I am mixed on him; I prefer drafting a guy with a falling stock, that is undervalued, than the other way around. A year ago, he would have been a top 5 pick.
geno
glennon
wilson
manuel...
* Not overly impressed with any of them

Would Smith or Any of the Guys above make a real difference? Probably Not. Getting one of these guys will probably put the Bills in another 3-4 year losing span and will result in them not drafting the right QB when he is available simply because their average QB won a few extra meaningless games or showed a few flashes. See Fitz

The rhetoric of settling for another 3-4 years of sub-par QB play and missing out on the next great prospect if far worst. No matter who the QB is the Bills are not winning a SB, so why force a sub par player just so you can say you have a QB?

Mike
02-10-2013, 03:34 AM

How many teams can you name in the history of the NFL that have done just that: taking a 1st round QB every year until one pans out? None!

MOST IMPORTANTLY, ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE AT QB FOR AT LEAST 36 GAMES. PARCELS, BILL WALSH, ETC HAVE ALL STATED THAT. SO GETTING A QB THIS YEAR, NO MATTER HOW MUCH HE SUCKS, WILL BE HERE NEXT YEAR AND MOST LIKELY THE YEAR AFTER THAT!

When a FO drafts a QB they are tying their futures to Him and his success. No FO wants the embarrassment of drafting a QB every year... it like saying 'we dont know what we are doing so we will continue slinging **** at the wall until some of it sticks'

Mike
02-10-2013, 03:35 AM
WHERE IS MY QB??

Where were you a Year AGO? You should have asked then!

Night Train
02-10-2013, 06:41 AM
YOU CAN'T GET ONE IN EARLY FEBRUARY...CAPITAL LETTERS AND ALL !

Fixxxer
02-10-2013, 08:06 AM
ARE WE THERE YET???

DraftBoy
02-10-2013, 09:31 AM
We should just pass and let Brad Smith run the offense this year. Problem solved. You're welcome.

YardRat
02-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Sign Chase Daniel and Jason Campbell when FA hits.
Draft whichever prospect considered the best available QB out of whoever drops to our pick in the second round.
Draft Matt Scott from Arizona in the fifth.

Let the four of them battle it out in OTA's and training camp, keep the best three, and hope one of them steps up.