PDA

View Full Version : Pettine: Bills' defensive structure won't model Jets

sdbillsfan2
02-04-2013, 01:34 PM
"Are we going to build the structure of the system the same way as New York? Absolutely not. This is going to be the Buffalo Bills' defense," Pettine said in late January, via Jay Skurski of The Buffalo News.

http://www.afceastdaily.com/2013/02/pettine-bills-defensive-structure-wont.html#more (http://www.afceastdaily.com/2013/02/pettine-bills-defensive-structure-wont.html#more)

superbills
02-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Finally...a coach who's not willing to try to put "round pegs into square holes". Mold the defense around the talent you have, not the other way around. Then, you fix the weak points through the draft and free agency. Hopefully, Pettine is savvy enough to be able to manage a defense that's not gang-green.

justasportsfan
02-04-2013, 02:05 PM
does this mean we won't be rushing just 4 all day?

fluteflakes
02-04-2013, 02:31 PM
We... We'll finally BLITZ? It's a damn miracle.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
does this mean we won't be rushing just 4 all day?

not only that, but there is a " right way" to how you blitz. you just dont send guys, there is strategy. lol

ublinkwescore
02-05-2013, 09:40 AM
not only that, but there is a " right way" to how you blitz. you just dont send guys, there is strategy. lol

yes, indeed there is - like masking it, selling it somewhere where it's not coming from and sending it from a different side, delays, threatening with it and then not sending it - all kinds of wonderful stuff you can do to try to confuse the offense or to get them to do what you want them to do.

Cali512
02-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Wow did someone smart hijack your account? This is actually somewhat not the dumbest thing ive ever read.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Wow did someone smart hijack your account? This is actually somewhat not the dumbest thing ive ever read.

i have my moments lol

- - - Updated - - -

yes, indeed there is - like masking it, selling it somewhere where it's not coming from and sending it from a different side, delays, threatening with it and then not sending it - all kinds of wonderful stuff you can do to try to confuse the offense or to get them to do what you want them to do.

lol... i have literally seen more complex defense in the pro bowl lol

Thief
02-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Well, before last season we looked at the roster and figured we had one of the best defenses on paper. We will likely have all the same guys and maybe more. Pettine should be excited.

Syderick
02-06-2013, 08:56 AM
This is all talk, until I see it on the field i'll just have to remain hopeful.

Ed
02-06-2013, 12:20 PM
My favorite part about this approach is that it doesn't really limit what we can do in the draft. I like the idea of being able to target all the best defensive prospects without wondering if they're a fit or not. Being too scheme specific eliminates a lot of talent from your board and leads to reaching.