X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Kevin Kolb for stop gap?

Last year he led his team to 5-1, before he got injured. Had 8 TDs, 3 ints, and got sacked 27 times! With all that still completed over 50% of his passes (59%), and showed a lot of toughness. He beat the Pats, and Seahawks last year, and didn't do it pretty, but didn't **** up. He also had success vs the pats when he was in philly. With a good OL, and a quick strike O, I think he could be good for a year or 2. I think hed be better than Smith, or at least just as good. I mean smith didn't hit 300 yds till this year, Kolb has 5. He beat 2/4ths of our division, and prob woulda if there line woulda held up better. He also kept AZ in the game most of the STL game, where he was sacked 9 times, and was hit every fn play. No mistakes, nothing, he did literally the best anyone coulda done in that game. It was crazy, til the late 4th they where down by I believe 3. I really never thought about this as an option till I looked him up and saw what he has actually done. He could be just what we need for a year. He doesn't cost his team games, or make mistakes. I know if someone woulda said this a week ago I woulda flamed the **** outa them, but if you look at the options. He may be the way to go for this year.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • fluteflakes
    • Jan 2013

Re: Kevin Kolb for stop gap?

The Cards are in him for way too much money, no way he gets cut this off-season.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fluteflakes View Post
      The Cards are in him for way too much money, no way he gets cut this off-season.
      http://arizonasports.com/40/1605007/...free-agent-QBs I saw this and another link that I cant find now that said he was a free agent.
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
        http://arizonasports.com/40/1605007/...free-agent-QBs I saw this and another link that I cant find now that said he was a free agent.
        I would not want to trade anything for him, but as a FA, I would take Kolb in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

No thx. Skelton and "Lindsey" make him look good, that's all.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Last year he led his team to 5-1, before he got injured. Had 8 TDs, 3 ints, and got sacked 27 times! With all that still completed over 50% of his passes (59%), and showed a lot of toughness. He beat the Pats, and Seahawks last year, and didn't do it pretty, but didn't **** up. He also had success vs the pats when he was in philly. With a good OL, and a quick strike O, I think he could be good for a year or 2. I think hed be better than Smith, or at least just as good. I mean smith didn't hit 300 yds till this year, Kolb has 5. He beat 2/4ths of our division, and prob woulda if there line woulda held up better. He also kept AZ in the game most of the STL game, where he was sacked 9 times, and was hit every fn play. No mistakes, nothing, he did literally the best anyone coulda done in that game. It was crazy, til the late 4th they where down by I believe 3. I really never thought about this as an option till I looked him up and saw what he has actually done. He could be just what we need for a year. He doesn't cost his team games, or make mistakes. I know if someone woulda said this a week ago I woulda flamed the **** outa them, but if you look at the options. He may be the way to go for this year.
            Stop posting. Thanks.

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
              No thx. Skelton and "Lindsey" make him look good, that's all.
              Are you stupid. He was there QB when they went 5-1, while getting sacked 27 times. Lindsey and Skelton came in and made that team plummet

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                Stop posting. Thanks.
                Then block me? I don't give a ****?

Comment

• gloveus
                  • Sep 2010

Are you stupid. He was there QB when they went 5-1, while getting sacked 27 times. Lindsey and Skelton came in and made that team plummet
                  You're right. In fact, IIRC, the Cardinals were one of the top teams in the NFL after the first quarter of the season. Not saying Kolb is great, but I think if he had our O-line protecting him, he could definitely be above average. He didn't really come off to me as as team player though during the QB competition in the preseason. Of course, it could just be that the media hates him.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

The Cards have very little talent on the roster I would think they make some kind of effort to keep Kolb. No one is going to be busting down his doors with a huge offer.

And given the choice to throw to Fitzgerald or Stevie what would you choose?
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Why not just keep Fitz then?

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

kolb kind of injury prone and head injury prone. not a good deal for a team who won't have a back ups.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                          • Feb 2009

The defense carried Kolb.
                          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                            kolb kind of injury prone and head injury prone. not a good deal for a team who won't have a back ups.
                            Agreed, Kolb has been injury prone. That is the reason I would not trade anything for him. But when healthy, he is pretty good & has played in Philly so he should have no problems playing in Buffalo. I would sign him to an incentive laden contract & include games played in that contract.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
                              The defense carried Kolb.
                              We are talking about Kevin Kolb here, not Alex Smith.

Comment

Working...
                              X