PDA

View Full Version : Well this literally is all you can hope for, so choose

Cali512
02-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Who do you want, that's a realistic option, as opening day starter

sdbillsfan2
02-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Work something out with the Seahawks for Flynn. ( Not on your list) Cost effective and worth the risk.

http://nfltraderumors.co/matt-flynn-could-net-the-seahawks-a-third-or-fourth-round-pick/

YardRat
02-05-2013, 08:57 PM
You left out the kid from New Orleans.

Pretty pathetic list, but assuming we bring in four new faces I guess I would go with Scott, Manuel, TJax or Campbell and Daniel and hope like hell one of the rookies comes on like gangbusters during camp.

I want nothing to do with everybody else mentioned.

Don't Panic
02-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Still hoping Geno slides to us...

NOT THE DUDE...
02-05-2013, 09:02 PM
i voted alex smith, but if we cant get him i want tyler wilson. i feel he is close to a matt ryan type prospect

SquishDaFish
02-05-2013, 09:04 PM
I voted Alex Smith but want a rookie to go with him. Nassib is my preference

Cali512
02-05-2013, 09:07 PM
i voted alex smith, but if we cant get him i want tyler wilson. i feel he is close to a matt ryan type prospect

Ew. Wilson has the ugliest looking passes in the draft imo. Him and Barkley cant throw a spiral to save there life

Cali512
02-05-2013, 09:08 PM
You left out the kid from New Orleans.

Pretty pathetic list, but assuming we bring in four new faces I guess I would go with Scott, Manuel, TJax or Campbell and Daniel and hope like hell one of the rookies comes on like gangbusters during camp.

I want nothing to do with everybody else mentioned.

I don't think anyone would of put Chase except you. Everyone I posted has an actual realistic chance of being our starter if we drafted/signed them

ParanoidAndroid
02-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Pick up a free agent, draft EJ Manuel and then hope Manuel wows us in camp and pre-season.

EDS
02-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Wow are the Bills in bad shape! Too bad Buddy painted the team into a corner like this by ignoring the position for his entire tenure as GM.

ThunderGun
02-06-2013, 11:30 AM
R) None of the Above

- - - Updated - - -

And I definitely don't want him, but I bet the Raiders release Carson Palmer. I think his salary this season is around $13 million. I can't see Oakland giving him that.

Pinkerton Security
02-06-2013, 11:49 AM
I voted Alex Smith...he may not be a superstar but hes a capable QB who has seen some success, and is accurate, which is nice bc we do actually have weapons to use, just not a QB who can get the ball to them consistently.

Mr. Miyagi
02-06-2013, 11:58 AM
This is really depressing.

PTI
02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Matt Flynn, and then Matt Barkley

Albany,n.y.
02-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't think anyone would of put Chase except you. Everyone I posted has an actual realistic chance of being our starter if we drafted/signed them

Tebow?????
Child, please!
Matt Scott????
4th rounder at best, NFW.

Night Train
02-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Thomas Vanek.

Cali512
02-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Tebow?????
Child, please!
Matt Scott????
4th rounder at best, NFW.

Now your just looking at some reason to ***** because i said something about you

Do research on Scott, probably the best sleeper QB in the draft. Dont just look at the name, look it up smartass

And Tebow is a consideration. That was pathetically nitpicky. Its like you couldnt find another player to ***** about and he was the best you could come up with

Edit- Just noticed it was Yardrat initially. So what in bloody **** are you talking about?

Albany,n.y.
02-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Now your just looking at some reason to ***** because i said something about you

Do research on Scott, probably the best sleeper QB in the draft. Dont just look at the name, look it up smartass

And Tebow is a consideration. That was pathetically nitpicky. Its like you couldnt find another player to ***** about and he was the best you could come up with

Edit- Just noticed it was Yardrat initially. So what in bloody **** are you talking about?

Tebow is a joke. Anyone who would seriously put Tebow on the list cannot be taken seriously when he says that if Tebow came to the Bills he would have a realistic chance to start. Now at 1st glance Tebow was OK on the list of names, but once you added the realistic chance of being the starter reply, you lost me.
As far as Scott goes, the guy wasn't even invited to the Senior Bowl, so I guess he really is a sleeper. To be honest, I had to look the guy up before I replied the 1st time because I don't follow college football that much & I had never heard of him. From my look-up he had some decent stats, but was still rated as a mid-rounder. He could be the top sleeper, but how can you seriously say he would have a realistic chance to start if the Bills picked him in the 3rd or 4th round? If the Bills were to wait until the mid rounds to draft a QB of the future, and say it was Scott, they would definitely have a veteran signed & penciled in to start with Scott no better than 2nd or 3rd stringer with no intent on playing him as a rookie.

ServoBillieves
02-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Landry Jones and Chase Daniel both missing from the list and viable options.

I'll go Manuel.

Cali512
02-06-2013, 03:49 PM

I'll go Manuel.

Wtf is up with all this Chase Daniels ****? No one but 1-2 people on this site talk about him. Hes not a serious QB, and Landry is pathetic. He beat Ramsey out of the backup spot, ONLY BECAUSE HE WAS YOUNGER. They did the exact same thing, showed the same, but the saints chose Daniels because he was the younger athletic QB. He has already been cut by the saints before and no one wanted him. Hes not a viable option

And to Albany- Your bashing me bc of your hatred of Tebow. He would have a legit chance of starting if he came here. He would, and you would be stupid to disagree. I dont want him, i think hes absolutly awfull, but he would have a chance to start

As for Scott. Hes alot like a Kaepernick, and he can be a game changing QB if he reaches his potential. So if he was part of our competition, he would have a good chance at winning it much like Wilson did in Sea.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll go Manuel.

Wtf is up with all this Chase Daniels ****? No one but 1-2 people on this site talk about him. Hes not a serious QB, and Landry is pathetic. He beat Ramsey out of the backup spot, ONLY BECAUSE HE WAS YOUNGER. They did the exact same thing, showed the same, but the saints chose Daniels because he was the younger athletic QB. He has already been cut by the saints before and no one wanted him. Hes not a viable option

And to Albany- Your bashing me bc of your hatred of Tebow. He would have a legit chance of starting if he came here. He would, and you would be stupid to disagree. I dont want him, i think hes absolutly awfull, but he would have a chance to start

As for Scott. Hes alot like a Kaepernick, and he can be a game changing QB if he reaches his potential. So if he was part of our competition, he would have a good chance at winning it much like Wilson did in Sea.

TigerJ
02-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Given the constraints of your list, I voted Alex Smith. I don't think the Bills would win in the bidding between KC and the Bills, so I think KC is where he ends up. As others have mentioned, it's not impossible that Geno Smith slides to the Bills, and it's possible that Buffalo could obtain Flynn in a trade. Alex Smith is a low risk acquisition, which is why he would be preferable to just about anybody. Flynn still has very little in the regulaar season compared with Alex Smith.

gr8slayer
02-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Give me Alex Smith. The guy isn't going to take you to the playoffs by himself, but he's also not going to be the reason why you lose a lot of games.

The Natrix
02-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Alex Smith is clearly the best choice of the veterans.

As for the rookies, I'd flip a coin between Wilson and Glennon.

Best case senario is getting Alex Smith and either Wilson, Glennon, Manuel or Barkley, in that order.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading up for Geno Smith but I really don't see that happening.

better days
02-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Give me Alex Smith. The guy isn't going to take you to the playoffs by himself, but he's also not going to be the reason why you lose a lot of games.

His CAREER numbers would suggest otherwise. And to Smith Lovers, Alex would not be the first or last mediocre player to have a career year. The ONLY time he has produced has been with Harbaugh as his Coach, there is nothing to suggest he could play as well for any other team next year.

The Natrix
02-06-2013, 11:21 PM
His CAREER numbers would suggest otherwise. And to Smith Lovers, Alex would not be the first or last mediocre player to have a career year. The ONLY time he has produced has been with Harbaugh as his Coach, there is nothing to suggest he could play as well for any other team next year.

Wherever Smith goes, his new coach can look at what made him successful under Harbaugh, and borrow from those schemes.

Also, I think some of Smith's success is due to genuine improvement in his abilities. It took him a while to get up to speed at the NFL level.

He is not great, just better than the rest of the veteran scrubs listed in the Poll.

better days
02-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Wherever Smith goes, his new coach can look at what made him successful under Harbaugh, and borrow from those schemes.

Also, I think some of Smith's success is due to genuine improvement in his abilities. It took him a while to get up to speed at the NFL level.

He is not great, just better than the rest of the veteran scrubs listed in the Poll.

Well, for some stupid reason Flynn is not in the poll, even though he is as likely to be traded as Alex Smith is. I agree, A new Coach can look at the system Harbaugh used, but I doubt any team Smith goes to will have players as good as the 49ers have on both on offense & defense. I think the team he was on played a BIG part in Smith's success the last two years & I would bet he does not have that same success next year.

coastal
02-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Alex Smith and Matt Scott

ServoBillieves
02-07-2013, 07:47 AM
What are Kelly Holcomb and Shane Matthews up to now-a-days?

Mr. Miyagi
02-07-2013, 08:00 AM
I voted for Tebow just to be different, turns out 3 other idiots voted for him too.

justasportsfan
02-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I voted for Tebow just to be different, turns out 3 other idiots voted for him too.

I cannot vote because I want Tebow and then draft Nassib.

Bill Cody
02-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Seattle would like out of Flynn's contract. The only way that happens without a cap hit is to trade the player. And it also means they will need a backup QB. I say we make the trade and send them...(wait for it)
Tavaris Jackson. Everyone wins. Seattle gets out of a bad contract (for them) we get a QB and TJ gets a promotion

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot vote because I want Tebow and then draft Nassib.

Seriously?

Albany,n.y.
02-07-2013, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=Sell Local Ralph;3751629]Seattle would like out of Flynn's contract. The only way that happens without a cap hit is to trade the player. And it also means they will need a backup QB. I say we make the trade and send them...(wait for it)
Tavaris Jackson. Everyone wins. Seattle gets out of a bad contract (for them) we get a QB and TJ gets a promotion
QUOTE]

You can't trade an unrestricted free agent. Seattle can trade Flynn & then just sign Jackson for free. Jackson going back as Seattle's backup makes some sense since he has already played there and knows the system.

Albany,n.y.
02-07-2013, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=Cali512;3751475]And to Albany- Your bashing me bc of your hatred of Tebow. He would have a legit chance of starting if he came here. He would, and you would be stupid to disagree. I dont want him, i think hes absolutly awfull, but he would have a chance to start

/QUOTE]

How does the fact that I don't think Tebow is an NFL QB and there's no way the Bills would acquire him to contend for the starting job translate into hatred for the guy? If that's the criteria for hatred then John Elway & Rex Ryan must really despise Tebow.
Every time someone thinks a QB can't make it in the NFL, some loon comes along and says "You hate him". I had to put up with 2 years of this when Brian Brohm was on the team. Every time I presented a rational argument for why Brohm would never make it in the NFL after we signed him off GB's practice squad, the loons came out accusing me of hating the guy. I don't know any NFL players personally & I don't hate any of them. In fact, even though I totally disagree with Tebow's beliefs, I think he is truly one of the good guys-he personally is responsible for uplifting the lives of people with illnesses & injuries, including spending time and taking them to games at his expense for no other reason than he is being altruistic. Anyone who really hates Tim Tebow is a fool.

ThunderGun
02-07-2013, 10:18 AM
What are Kelly Holcomb and Shane Matthews up to now-a-days?

How about Craig Nall?

justasportsfan
02-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Seriously?I want either Wilson or Nassib.

cookie G
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Tommy Grady!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wc3JX0djmjk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There, I said it.

alnilla
02-07-2013, 11:03 AM
J.P Losman and Jamarcus Russell can battle it out