• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Eagles release T Demetress Bell

Or however you spell his name.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: Eagles release T Demetress Bell

Bring him in!
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

Dermetriesum Belle? That's what I hurd?
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

he should just mail it in and call it a career.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

LOL And there was people here mad we let him go LMAO

Comment

• THRILLHO
            This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
            I was still too busy being upset we got rid of Peters.
            True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• fluteflakes
              • Jan 2013

Yea well, I thought he wasn't as bad as the dumpster fire he was in Philly. But we have Cordy Glenn now and he might be decent depth, worth giving him a camp look at any rate.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

No surprise, it was clearly a one year deal from the start.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                  Same old story, though. How many times have the Bills let someone walk and then failed to replace them with someone equal or better?

They let a LT walk and replaced him with a rookie rather than pay him. This time, it worked out, but we both know that there have been dozens of times when this org did the same thing with disastrous results. At face value, it appeared to be another money-saving measure, and this FO hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt on those issues.

Too many people forgot 15+ years of cheapness because we signed Mario Williams.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Same old story, though. How many times have the Bills let someone walk and then failed to replace them with someone equal or better?

They let a LT walk and replaced him with a rookie rather than pay him. This time, it worked out, but we both know that there have been dozens of times when this org did the same thing with disastrous results. At face value, it appeared to be another money-saving measure, and this FO hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt on those issues.

Too many people forgot 15+ years of cheapness because we signed Mario Williams.
                    The Bills have not let one GOOD player leave since Nix was Hired.

Comment

• fluteflakes
                      • Jan 2013

Hell, Bell alone should be a reminder of our teams history. The only reason he ever played a snap for us is because we didn't want to give Peters the money he wanted as the highest paid LT in the league, 2 years later and what is he? Oh yea, he was the best LT in the league until he got hurt. Meanwhile it took a complete overhaul to actually field a competent OL.

Our FO has let competent guys go time and time again just because they think they can pick someone else up cheaper even though we always have cap room to spare. There is no excuse for doing that anymore. We need to spend some money if this team is ever going to win, bringing in Williams last year was a start, but one splash and no other substance does not a good team make.

It's why we need to retain Byrd and Levitre, no matter what any crazies (read: MDP) might say. You don't develop talent then let them go the second they ask for money.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        The Bills have not let one GOOD player leave since Nix was Hired.
                        yeah and all those "GOOD" players he kept have gotten us double digit losses.

More on topic, though, don't forget Nix was here the year before he was hired as GM in a different role and Brandon and Ralph still have their hands all over this mess (well, not anymore for Ralph but he did when the Bell decision was made).
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

yeah and all those "GOOD" players he kept have gotten us double digit losses.

More on topic, though, don't forget Nix was here the year before he was hired as GM in a different role and Brandon and Ralph still have their hands all over this mess (well, not anymore for Ralph but he did when the Bell decision was made).
                          Which Bell decision are you talking about? The decision to let Bell leave? Like I said, not one GOOD player has left since Nix was hired.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            Which Bell decision are you talking about? The decision to let Bell leave? Like I said, not one GOOD player has left since Nix was hired.
                            What I'm talking about is that the people in charge have ****ed up this type of decision many, many times. And it's happened with multiple different GM's.

So, you can't blame people for being skeptical of letting Bell leave at the time the decision was made.

And honestly, how many GOOD players do we have and how many have had contracts expire since Nix has been here? 3? 4? The only ones I can think of are Freddy, Stevie, and I think maybe Kyle Williams got an extension.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

What I'm talking about is that the people in charge have ****ed up this type of decision many, many times. And it's happened with multiple different GM's.

So, you can't blame people for being skeptical of letting Bell leave at the time the decision was made.

And honestly, how many GOOD players do we have and how many have had contracts expire since Nix has been here? 3? 4? The only ones I can think of are Freddy, Stevie, and I think maybe Kyle Williams got an extension.
                              Well, Levitre & Byrd are up for a contract NOW. I guess we will see if Nix keeps his record intact.
                              Last edited by better days; 02-06-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X