Scumbag College
02-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Bring him in!

ServoBillieves
02-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Dermetriesum Belle? That's what I hurd?

casdhf
02-06-2013, 04:18 PM
he should just mail it in and call it a career.

SquishDaFish
02-06-2013, 05:57 PM
LOL And there was people here mad we let him go LMAO

THRILLHO
02-06-2013, 06:00 PM
I was still too busy being upset we got rid of Peters.

fluteflakes
02-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Yea well, I thought he wasn't as bad as the dumpster fire he was in Philly. But we have Cordy Glenn now and he might be decent depth, worth giving him a camp look at any rate.

gr8slayer
02-06-2013, 07:56 PM
No surprise, it was clearly a one year deal from the start.

OpIv37
02-06-2013, 09:20 PM

Same old story, though. How many times have the Bills let someone walk and then failed to replace them with someone equal or better?

They let a LT walk and replaced him with a rookie rather than pay him. This time, it worked out, but we both know that there have been dozens of times when this org did the same thing with disastrous results. At face value, it appeared to be another money-saving measure, and this FO hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt on those issues.

Too many people forgot 15+ years of cheapness because we signed Mario Williams.

better days
02-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Same old story, though. How many times have the Bills let someone walk and then failed to replace them with someone equal or better?

They let a LT walk and replaced him with a rookie rather than pay him. This time, it worked out, but we both know that there have been dozens of times when this org did the same thing with disastrous results. At face value, it appeared to be another money-saving measure, and this FO hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt on those issues.

Too many people forgot 15+ years of cheapness because we signed Mario Williams.

The Bills have not let one GOOD player leave since Nix was Hired.

fluteflakes
02-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Hell, Bell alone should be a reminder of our teams history. The only reason he ever played a snap for us is because we didn't want to give Peters the money he wanted as the highest paid LT in the league, 2 years later and what is he? Oh yea, he was the best LT in the league until he got hurt. Meanwhile it took a complete overhaul to actually field a competent OL.

Our FO has let competent guys go time and time again just because they think they can pick someone else up cheaper even though we always have cap room to spare. There is no excuse for doing that anymore. We need to spend some money if this team is ever going to win, bringing in Williams last year was a start, but one splash and no other substance does not a good team make.

It's why we need to retain Byrd and Levitre, no matter what any crazies (read: MDP) might say. You don't develop talent then let them go the second they ask for money.

OpIv37
02-06-2013, 09:32 PM

yeah and all those "GOOD" players he kept have gotten us double digit losses.

More on topic, though, don't forget Nix was here the year before he was hired as GM in a different role and Brandon and Ralph still have their hands all over this mess (well, not anymore for Ralph but he did when the Bell decision was made).

better days
02-06-2013, 09:45 PM

More on topic, though, don't forget Nix was here the year before he was hired as GM in a different role and Brandon and Ralph still have their hands all over this mess (well, not anymore for Ralph but he did when the Bell decision was made).

Which Bell decision are you talking about? The decision to let Bell leave? Like I said, not one GOOD player has left since Nix was hired.

OpIv37
02-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Which Bell decision are you talking about? The decision to let Bell leave? Like I said, not one GOOD player has left since Nix was hired.

What I'm talking about is that the people in charge have ****ed up this type of decision many, many times. And it's happened with multiple different GM's.

So, you can't blame people for being skeptical of letting Bell leave at the time the decision was made.

And honestly, how many GOOD players do we have and how many have had contracts expire since Nix has been here? 3? 4? The only ones I can think of are Freddy, Stevie, and I think maybe Kyle Williams got an extension.

better days
02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
What I'm talking about is that the people in charge have ****ed up this type of decision many, many times. And it's happened with multiple different GM's.

So, you can't blame people for being skeptical of letting Bell leave at the time the decision was made.

And honestly, how many GOOD players do we have and how many have had contracts expire since Nix has been here? 3? 4? The only ones I can think of are Freddy, Stevie, and I think maybe Kyle Williams got an extension.

Well, Levitre & Byrd are up for a contract NOW. I guess we will see if Nix keeps his record intact.

YardRat
02-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Peters should have been paid, and I've said that from the beginning.
Whitner, although voted to the Pro Bowl and getting a chance at a ring, still blows as badly as he did when he played here.
We took a chance on Lynch, and it's back-fired a little bit thus far.

Other than that, everybody else we 'let go' hasn't really been worth a damn anywhere else.

coastal
02-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Is Daddy proud yet?

ServoBillieves
02-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Hell, Bell alone should be a reminder of our teams history. The only reason he ever played a snap for us is because we didn't want to give Peters the money he wanted as the highest paid LT in the league, 2 years later and what is he? Oh yea, he was the best LT in the league until he got hurt. Meanwhile it took a complete overhaul to actually field a competent OL.

Our FO has let competent guys go time and time again just because they think they can pick someone else up cheaper even though we always have cap room to spare. There is no excuse for doing that anymore. We need to spend some money if this team is ever going to win, bringing in Williams last year was a start, but one splash and no other substance does not a good team make.

It's why we need to retain Byrd and Levitre, no matter what any crazies (read: MDP) might say. You don't develop talent then let them go the second they ask for money.

Please, my God please tell me how Peters is the best LT in the league? Penalties, sacks given up, getting blown past consistently and having a mobile quarterback who just so happens to be able to step up/get away from it? Cause he went to the Pro Bowl? "Madden don't lie!"

ServoBillieves
02-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Is Daddy proud yet?

This is literally the only time I can think of where you ask your mom who your father was and she has to admit "It was the Mailman."

justasportsfan
02-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Too many people forgot 15+ years of cheapness because we signed Mario Williams.another exaggeration. This has been shot down so many times.

Mr. Miyagi
02-07-2013, 08:23 AM
This is literally the only time I can think of where you ask your mom who your father was and she has to admit "It was the Mailman."
LOL

justasportsfan
02-07-2013, 08:34 AM

You cannot blame the current FO for the moves of past GM's. The only biggest mistake this FO made SO FAR was coaching decisions. As far as letting players go, Nix let Evans who had chemistry with Fitz go thinking Donald Jones was the answer and then brought in another speedster in TJ Graham.

I am however eager to see what Nix does with Levitre and Byrd who will both command high salaries.

ublinkwescore
02-07-2013, 08:57 AM

I agree, I'm still happy with this front office. I hope Nix is here for a while longer - he is a lot better than the previous GMs, and better than a lot of the current ones for other teams.

ublinkwescore
02-07-2013, 09:01 AM

if we have competent qb play, someone who can go deep with some accuracy - unlike what we have now, I think we see the playoffs - qb is what has been holding this team back - we haven't had a real qb since Kelly. Bledsoe was the closest, JP showed flashes as did Trent Edwards, but none were elite - we have to satisfy qb or else we will miss the playoffs until we do...

ServoBillieves
02-07-2013, 11:35 AM
if we have competent qb play, someone who can go deep with some accuracy - unlike what we have now, I think we see the playoffs - qb is what has been holding this team back - we haven't had a real qb since Kelly. Bledsoe was the closest, JP showed flashes as did Trent Edwards, but none were elite - we have to satisfy qb or else we will miss the playoffs until we do...

Ugh... I hate Trent but I have to stick up for him in this situation. He seemed like the QB we needed for a while until he took that huge hit in the AZ game. If not for that, I'd probly be buying a 5 jersey at this point and seeing an intelligent QB with Fitz as a backup.

Trent had the job, he could've got the job done, but he REALLY got messed up with that hit to the head. As with all vets I hope the best, but especially him. He could've done something until Adrian laid in to him with his facemask and helmet. Thanks Derrick Dockery.

better days
02-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Ugh... I hate Trent but I have to stick up for him in this situation. He seemed like the QB we needed for a while until he took that huge hit in the AZ game. If not for that, I'd probly be buying a 5 jersey at this point and seeing an intelligent QB with Fitz as a backup.

Trent had the job, he could've got the job done, but he REALLY got messed up with that hit to the head. As with all vets I hope the best, but especially him. He could've done something until Adrian laid in to him with his facemask and helmet. Thanks Derrick Dockery.

The reason Trent never amounted to anything is because he is SOFT. The hit just brought that out. A QB in the NFL needs to be fearless & tough, it is part of the job description. Trent is neither of those.

ServoBillieves
02-07-2013, 12:00 PM
The reason Trent never amounted to anything is because he is SOFT. The hit just brought that out. A QB in the NFL needs to be fearless & tough, it is part of the job description. Trent is neither of those.

I would love to see you suit up and take a hit like Trent did and post the same thing. Trent failed us, but I'm pretty sure when Trent's brain was scrambled it wasn't his fault. If you want yours done as well, give Adrian a call. Your nose is also a great way to breathe, close your mouth.

better days
02-07-2013, 12:10 PM
I would love to see you suit up and take a hit like Trent did and post the same thing. Trent failed us, but I'm pretty sure when Trent's brain was scrambled it wasn't his fault. If you want yours done as well, give Adrian a call. Your nose is also a great way to breathe, close your mouth.

Well, I have a deviated septum so I have difficulty breathing through my nose. MANY QBs have taken HARD hits without turning into quivering scardycats. I can flat out tell you, I could take that hit because I am TOUGH. I have had my bell rung a few times in my life. I do not have talent to play in the NFL, but I am tough. I don't know, but toughness may be something you are born with or without.

Trent should have retired after that hit because he showed he is not tough enough to play in the NFL.

Bert102176
02-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Yea well, I thought he wasn't as bad as the dumpster fire he was in Philly. But we have Cordy Glenn now and he might be decent depth, worth giving him a camp look at any rate.

Get may get a very good RT

OpIv37
02-08-2013, 09:28 AM
You cannot blame the current FO for the moves of past GM's. The only biggest mistake this FO made SO FAR was coaching decisions. As far as letting players go, Nix let Evans who had chemistry with Fitz go thinking Donald Jones was the answer and then brought in another speedster in TJ Graham.

I am however eager to see what Nix does with Levitre and Byrd who will both command high salaries.
Ralph, Russ Brandon, Overdorf.... Still here. You can blame them because the guys calling the shots hasn't changed.

OpIv37
02-08-2013, 09:29 AM
No doubt about needing a QB but go look at the defensive stats. This team is more than a QB away.

better days
02-08-2013, 10:11 AM
No doubt about needing a QB but go look at the defensive stats. This team is more than a QB away.

Yeah, it was a DC away as well. Could also use a couple LBs.

justasportsfan
02-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Ralph, Russ Brandon, Overdorf.... Still here. You can blame them because the guys calling the shots hasn't changed.

as I recall Ralph wanted Sherman over Jauron. Back then Sherman was a more expensive move that Ralph wanted. Levy chose Dick. I also don't think drafting guys like Spiller, Dareus or even signing Mario are moves that Russ nor Overdorf would make unless NIs himself said so. I also believe hiring Chan was NIx's decision.

I believe moves like the toronto series is what Russ would do. Russ was a marketing guy however, I believe this time around, he had a hand in hiring Marrone.

The Jokeman
02-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Isn't anyone slightly worried that Bells lack of success out of Gailey's system might tell us just how great a job Chan was doing? As now without Gailey we might find out just how "good" are OL really is?

justasportsfan
02-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Isn't anyone slightly worried that Bells lack of success out of Gailey's system might tell us just how great a job Chan was doing? As now without Gailey we might find out just how "good" are OL really is?

IMO, Fitz made the OL look better than it did but I'm not worried since Marrone himself was an OL coach.

fluteflakes
02-08-2013, 01:32 PM
I think the loss of Joe D is also being undersold here. Man worked wonders with our offensive line.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-08-2013, 03:42 PM

jmo, but coaching on d was horrendous. the talent is there to be a solid d...

fluteflakes
02-08-2013, 03:48 PM
jmo, but coaching on d was horrendous. the talent is there to be a solid d...

We need linebacker help really bad, it was abused a lot the entire season. #2 Corner is also a need, other than Gilmore there isn't anybody back there I trust.

The Jokeman
02-09-2013, 10:13 AM
IMO, Fitz made the OL look better than it did but I'm not worried since Marrone himself was an OL coach.

I think it was Fitz and Gailey's understanding Fit's strength/weaknesses but yeah Marrone having an O-line coaching background boads well but time will tell.