PDA

View Full Version : It's the HABs @ Sabres Pond Hockey Show - GDT

SkateZilla
02-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Not gonna watch the game, Might watch another game to get my $50 worth out of GameCenter Live,

The Xbox App is peeving me off anyway, since it doesnt have an option to change video stream settings (3Mbit, 1bmit, 512kbit etc), like the PC does... It's constantly switching back and forth and giving me the buffer circle... switch to PC and everything runs fine.

Skooby
02-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Hopefully you start a GDT winning streak for our team.

SabreEleven
02-07-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm not counting in even though Montreal played Boston. Buffalo is the only team that uses the back-to-back excuse.

SkateZilla
02-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Hopefully you start a GDT winning streak for our team.

Sadly a new GDT Starter is not gonna help this team.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not counting in even though Montreal played Boston. Buffalo is the only team that uses the back-to-back excuse.

LOL, in a season where 80% or more of the games are Back to Back,.

OpIv37
02-07-2013, 01:29 PM
I won't be home until 10 or so and I have the DVR set. I'll probably start watching around 10:30, which means that even with FF, it'll be midnight before I get through it, later if it goes to OT/shootout.

I'm debating if I want to bother staying up or if I just want to listen to the end on XM on my way home.

SkateZilla
02-07-2013, 01:40 PM
I won't be home until 10 or so and I have the DVR set. I'll probably start watching around 10:30, which means that even with FF, it'll be midnight before I get through it, later if it goes to OT/shootout.

I'm debating if I want to bother staying up or if I just want to listen to the end on XM on my way home.

Good thing about Game center on PC,

Start replay, and just click on all the hits/penalties/goals icons and skip the 2 hours of figure skating.

Skooby
02-07-2013, 08:12 PM
We need a F-in goal right now.

Skooby
02-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Montreal is about to have their day ruined.

Skooby
02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Sweet, we F-in won.

SkateZilla
02-07-2013, 08:47 PM
i counted at least 23 spin-o-ramas in the 3rd period alone

Skooby
02-07-2013, 08:49 PM
i counted at least 23 spin-o-ramas in the 3rd period alone

Can't argue with a win, Vanek is a monster.

OpIv37
02-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Ugly game. From the Sabres' first goal until about halfway through the second, the Sabres dominated- I've never seen a team play that we'll and still be behind on the scoreboard.

And the PP is STILL pathetic. It's back to the point where I wish we could decline penalties like football.

But, at least we stopped the bleeding. For now.

SabreEleven
02-08-2013, 06:32 AM
I'm not sold what so ever. It took until 1.5 secs left to score the tieing goal and shoot out to beat a team that played the night before and got into Buffalo after midnight. If Montreal was as rested or if the tables were turned, Montreal wins 8-0. I need 5 straight wins before I'm sold. I was fooled once after the Boston game, never again.

Skooby
02-08-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm not sold what so ever. It took until 1.5 secs left to score the tieing goal and shoot out to beat a team that played the night before and got into Buffalo after midnight. If Montreal was as rested or if the tables were turned, Montreal wins 8-0. I need 5 straight wins before I'm sold. I was fooled once after the Boston game, never again.

Doubting Thomas you are, LOL.

SabreEleven
02-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Doubting Thomas you are, LOL.

or is it realistic...They lost 4 or 5 straight after beating Boston...what makes you think they won't do it again?

Skooby
02-08-2013, 08:27 AM
or is it realistic...They lost 4 or 5 straight after beating Boston...what makes you think they won't do it again?

I'm not saying you're wrong but don't become like OP we're dying here, we're like a few wins out of holding a playoff spot.

OpIv37
02-08-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm not saying you're wrong but don't become like OP we're dying here, we're like a few wins out of holding a playoff spot.

The Sabres have given up 4+ goals in 6 straight games. Aside from las night and against Boston, they haven't been able to get secondary scoring and the Vanek line going at the same time. Every single defender on the team has sucked and neither goalie is playing well.

It was good to get a win and stop the bleeding, but a shootout win over the Habs when they are on the ass end of a back-to-back that required last second heroics is hardly impressive.

Wha annoys me the most is that the same problems that have plagued this team for the last 5 years are still here. The PP blows, we always seem to take a penalty with less than 10 min left in games when we are down by 1, and the team doesn't turn in 60 min of hockey.

The only thing tha has really improved is the physical play, and even that has been inconsistent.

So technically we may be only a few wins out of 8th but I still haven't seen anything from this team that makes me think we can get them.

PTI
02-08-2013, 08:51 AM
WIDESPREAD VANEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkateZilla
02-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Ott took some punches to get the team in it....

Mski
02-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Ott took some punches to get the team in it....yea im sure it took alot of restraint not to drop his gloves there and defend himself