PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated prospects in 2013 draft include Nassib, L. Jones, M. Barkley, B. Mingo

HAMMER
02-07-2013, 02:43 PM
What say you armchair GM's?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1515007-the-most-overrated-players-in-the-2013-nfl-draft/page/7

Bill Cody
02-07-2013, 02:59 PM
nassib agree don't want him
l jones agree don't want him
m barkley agree don't want him
mingo- take a look at that guy's body and tell me who jumps to mind?

CleveSteve
02-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Overrated by who? I think Nassib and Landry Jones are 4th/5th round guys.
CBS has Nassib as 48 (2nd round) and Jones as 106 (4th round).

I think Te'o is about the 25th-30th most valuable guy in the draft... maybe. I could go as low as 35 with a few of my less-popular favorites, but going beyond that I think is dishonest piling-on. CBS has him at 37.

Using Matt Cassell as a comparison for Barkley is BS. Cassell did squat in college... he sat behind who, Leinart? Being smart and maximizing talented players around you are underrated qualities for a QB IMO. In an era where Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, and Ryan Tannehill are all top-12 picks, and Brandon Weeden is a first round pick, putting Barkley somewhere in the 18-25 range in a weak draft is not a stretch IMO.

Mingo I can see, but overrated by who? People talk about draft "stock" like it's a real thing, but it's not. It's more like "media hype." You think NFL teams read DraftCountdown or WalterFootball or GBNReport to evaluate players? Let alone Bleacher Report, egads. Think they listen to Turd McShart parrot his crap he read off of the internet last week? Who knows where teams may take Mingo, or what role they might have in mind for him?

Bangarang
02-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Bleacher report is terrible. They talk about Nassib's physical limitations and lack of elite arm strength which is really the opposite of the truth.

And when was the sat time the NFL had an elite rookie QB from day 1? Even guys like Luck and RG3 weren't playing at an elite level right away.

TedMock
02-07-2013, 03:27 PM
I am not a fan of Schotty at all and the fact that he that professional pic done for his bio makes my disdain grow.

Bill Cody
02-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Bleacher report is terrible. They talk about Nassib's physical limitations and lack of elite arm strength which is really the opposite of the truth.

And when was the sat time the NFL had an elite rookie QB from day 1? Even guys like Luck and RG3 weren't playing at an elite level right away.

lol

Mr. Miyagi
02-07-2013, 03:30 PM
If we reach and take Barkley at #8, I wouldn't barf too much I guess.

If we pass on QB until the 3rd and Nassib is sitting there, I wouldn't barf too much if we took him there.

Bangarang
02-07-2013, 03:34 PM
lol

:baghead:

fluteflakes
02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Barkley is over-rated, will be a first round pick but shouldn't be one.

Nassib will be a day two pick, Jones will be lucky to be drafted.

Mingo is a physical freak and will be drafted high for that reason alone. Kids got potential, he just never had a very good work ethic at LSU, at least that's word through the grapevine.

coastal
02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Chase or Dee or bust

ServoBillieves
02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Russell Wilson is a 5th or 6th round pick, I wouldn't want to take him too early. He'll probably be a bust. He is too short and doesn't have the fundamentals to get it done.

Crow, please find seasoning before you pretend to know what you're talking about people.

better days
02-07-2013, 10:43 PM
If we reach and take Barkley at #8, I wouldn't barf too much I guess.

If we pass on QB until the 3rd and Nassib is sitting there, I wouldn't barf too much if we took him there.

I will barf if the Bills don't draft a QB before the 3rd rnd. I don't really care who it is, I will trust Nix & his scouts to get it right, but as THATTHURMANATOR says "GET ME A QB DAMMIT!~!!!!!!" & do it BEFORE the 3rd RND!

Extremebillsfan247
02-07-2013, 10:54 PM
What say you armchair GM's?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1515007-the-most-overrated-players-in-the-2013-nfl-draft/page/7Nassib is anything but overrated. The ONLY reason he's even mentioned to be a possible first rounder is because of his connection to Marrone. Ask any scout you want. Barkley and Jones actually slipped by huge margins over the past year. So, I don't know where anyone can point out how these 2 are overrated. Before the 2012 season started, Barkley was widely considered a favorite to be the top QB selected in the 2013 draft. Now, he's a just a talking point. Jones was popular 2 years ago. Not so much anymore. If there is any QB in this draft that's highly overrated, it's Geno Smith. JMO

YardRat
02-08-2013, 06:03 AM
Jarvis Jones, Datone Jones, or Alex Okafor at 8. Warmack if we lose Levitre.

Night Train
02-08-2013, 06:12 AM
They're all overrated, since they haven't proven a damn thing at the pro level.

The Draft is nothing more than an educated gamble. With the new rookie cap, it's not the risk it used to be. Some hit and most do not.

Reality.

coastal
02-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Jarvis Jones, Datone Jones, or Alex Okafor at 8. Warmack if we lose Levitre.
Why do we have to lose Levitre to take Warmack?

Urbik would be a great high priced rotational guy for the interior three.

Wood has injuries and a contract pending.

Warmack and His teammate Dee are the only no-brainer picks on the board as far as Im concerned.

YardRat
02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Why do we have to lose Levitre to take Warmack?

Urbik would be a great high priced rotational guy for the interior three.

Wood has injuries and a contract pending.

Warmack and His teammate Dee are the only no-brainer picks on the board as far as Im concerned.

We don't, but I'm comfortable with Levitre, Urbik and Rhinehardt at G and would rather go best defensive player on the board if there isn't a hole to fill on the oline. I'm certainly not against a pick of Milliner either.

better days
02-09-2013, 08:22 AM
We don't, but I'm comfortable with Levitre, Urbik and Rhinehardt at G and would rather go best defensive player on the board if there isn't a hole to fill on the oline. I'm certainly not against a pick of Milliner either.

Well, like I said in another thread, can any player but a QB drafted at #8 get the Bills into the playoffs? IMO the answer is NO. The Bills should take the best QB they can get at #8 IMO, I would rather risk overdrafting a QB than being forced to settle for a QB after 5 or 6 QB's are already off the board when the Bills Bills pick in the 2nd rnd.