• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Bills will not tender Donald Jones

V-text

Personally I'm glad. He never did enough to be a #2. We have young guys, we intend to get a legit WR to complement Stevie. Let him go.
    Last edited by X-Era; 02-07-2013, 04:31 PM.

• zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Donald Jones will not be tendered

He will be a free agent come 3/12. Per text
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

Re: Bills will not tender Donald Jones

Beat me, can you delete my thread...
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• fluteflakes
        • Jan 2013

According to a league source, the Buffalo Bills and wide receiver Donald Jones have been working on a contract extension. The two sides hope to have a new deal in place before the NFL free agency period begins in March when Jones is scheduled to become a restricted free agent.
        Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

confirmation.

I like it, we need depth and Nelson is always hurt and Graham couldn't catch a cold barefooted in Alaska.
        Last edited by fluteflakes; 02-07-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by fluteflakes View Post
          Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:11 am Post subject: Bills, WR Donald Jones working on a contract extension

Quote:
          According to a league source, the Buffalo Bills and wide receiver Donald Jones have been working on a contract extension. The two sides hope to have a new deal in place before the NFL free agency period begins in March when Jones is scheduled to become a restricted free agent.
          Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

Confirmation.

I like it, we need depth, and Nelson is always hurt and Graham couldn't catch a cold barefooted in Alaska.
          It better be cheaper than the tender or I have no interest.

Comment

• fluteflakes
            • Jan 2013

It should be, no way a guy who barely averages 10 yards a catch is making much money,

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

Somehow, life goes on.

Donald Jones always got love from the coaching staff but never did anything to justify such generous accolades.

You know how Kelvin Sheppard was terrible but Wanny perversely insisted that he deserved to be the starting MLB unchallenged?

To me, Donald Jones was the Kelvin Sheppard of the offense.

One of those guys that has an inexplicable appeal to the coaches and nobody understands why.
              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• fluteflakes
                • Jan 2013

I just hope we go after a WR that wasn't supposed to be a 7th round draft pick this year. There is certainly enough depth in this class. A Tavarres King, Aaron Dobson, hell hopefully Da'Rick Rodgers character issues scare enough people away that he free falls and we can nab him in the later rounds and try to fix him.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                  Somehow, life goes on.

Donald Jones always got love from the coaching staff but never did anything to justify such generous accolades.

You know how Kelvin Sheppard was terrible but Wanny perversely insisted that he deserved to be the starting MLB unchallenged?

To me, Donald Jones was the Kelvin Sheppard of the offense.

One of those guys that has an inexplicable appeal to the coaches and nobody understands why.

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope we go after a WR that wasn't supposed to be a 7th round draft pick this year. There is certainly enough depth in this class. A Tavarres King, Aaron Dobson, hell hopefully Da'Rick Rodgers character issues scare enough people away that he free falls and we can nab him in the later rounds and try to fix him.
                  I'm a Patterson fan myself.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Yep, he's gone:

“We have made the decision not to re-sign Donald,” said Nix. “We’re going in a different direction and this move today gives Donald the opportunity to catch on with another team early on in the process. We thank him for his years with our organization and wish him the best in the future.”

Comment

• fluteflakes
                      • Jan 2013

Patterson is great, but he's not going to slide out of the first and I don't think we need a #2 WR more than any of our other needs. So I'm more looking at the 2nd-4th round guys.

Ah well, doesn't matter now since he's gone I guess this means we use a 2nd-3rd on one. And finally get a real damn offense that's not based on 7th round picks and UDFA's.
                      Last edited by fluteflakes; 02-07-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Clearing the way for a free agent?
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Patterson is great, but he's not going to slide out of the first and I don't think we need a #2 WR more than any of our other needs. So I'm more looking at the 2nd-4th round guys.

Ah well, doesn't matter now since he's gone I guess this means we use a 2nd-3rd on one. And finally get a real damn offense that's not based on 7th round picks and UDFA's.
                          On the surface I'd agree with not taking one at 8. But my problem is that the areas where we have the biggest needs don't really fit well at 8. QB and LB. At 8, Patterson at WR fits a need and the type of WR were looking for.

CB may be another spot.

We could take BPA but that would likely be a OT, G, or DL and I really don't want further investment in those areas from an early round. The wild card there would be Levitre leaving. But even then a G at 8? Not a big fan of that. Unless Glenn moves inside and we take a LT like Fisher. But Nix and Co like Glenn at LT.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            Clearing the way for a free agent?
                            I think so. I think what we decide to do at QB will determine whether we can go after a top tier or maybe even second tier WR.

The first few days will be telling. If we go after a WR it will indicate were not going after a QB from FA in my mind. But it I realize it also depends on what level of WR we go after (money).

Comment

• fluteflakes
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                              On the surface I'd agree with not taking one at 8. But my problem is that the areas where we have the biggest needs don't really fit well at 8. QB and LB. At 8, Patterson at WR fits a need and the type of WR were looking for.

CB may be another spot.

We could take BPA but that would likely be a OT, G, or DL and I really don't want further investment in those areas from an early round. The wild card there would be Levitre leaving. But even then a G at 8? Not a big fan of that. Unless Glenn moves inside and we take a LT like Fisher. But Nix and Co like Glenn at LT.
                              The thing is I fully expect Dee Millner to be there at 8, and while we did just spend a first round pick on a corner, it's either pick up one in FA, trade for one, draft another one, or start Aaron Williams for another year. Or maybe Ron Brooks takes a huge step. But in the mean time #2 CB is still a position of need, not great need, but need. We could also go with Jarvis Jones, even with his spinal stenosis he's a phenomenal talent. And guard at #8 I'd be okay with this year because Warmack is a once in a decade Guard prospect.

Though if Tyler Wilson is there (which I think he will be) we take him, in a heart beat.

All that said, if we went Patterson I'd be alright with it, actually pretty happy in fact, you can never have enough field stretching weapons. Especially one with the pure athletic ability that Patterson has.
                              Last edited by fluteflakes; 02-07-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X