PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Nassib reportedly eyed by Chiefs, Eagles, Jets

justasportsfan
02-08-2013, 10:58 AM
DraftInsider.net's Tony Pauline reported Thursday that Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib is on the radar of the Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets. All three teams "think highly" of Nassib, who is currently on campus preparing for the NFL Scouting Combine with former NFL offensive coordinator Paul Hackett and Ken Anderson, a former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137268/article/ryan-nassib-reportedly-eyed-by-chiefs-eagles-jets

braddavery
02-08-2013, 11:27 AM
If the Chiefs get him, it's in the second round. No way he goes anywhere NEAR the first pick.

OpIv37
02-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I feel yet another Buffalo reach coming.

It's no big secret that we want a QB, but Nix tipped his hand too early by saying it then by hiring all the Cuse people.

The only way we get Nassib now is by either reaching or getting fleeced in a trade.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Chiefs get him, it's in the second round. No way he goes anywhere NEAR the first pick.

Or they could trade down....

ThunderGun
02-08-2013, 11:40 AM
From Rotoworld:

According to DraftInsider.net's Tony Pauline, the Chiefs, Eagles and Jets all "think highly" of Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib.

Per Pauline, it's "not out of the question" one of the three trades back into the "late part" of the first round to land the Orange signal caller. The Bills and new coach Doug Marrone are also believed to be keen on Marrone's college quarterback. The QB picture remains murky, but Nassib's chances of going on day one are beginning to look better than 50-50

justasportsfan
02-08-2013, 11:46 AM
The QB picture remains murky, but Nassib's chances of going on day one are beginning to look better than 50-50

Based on moves like Tennehill, Ponder, Gabbert,etc. , I tend to side with Mayock when he says that 3-4 qb's will go in the first round.

ThunderGun
02-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Based on moves like Tennehill, Ponder, Gabbert,etc. , I tend to side with Mayock when he says that 3-4 qb's will go in the first round.

I agree 100%.

Just because there aren't really any elite QB prospects in the draft this year, doesn't mean the best few won't be 1st round picks.

OpIv37
02-08-2013, 12:01 PM
I agree 100%.

Just because there aren't really any elite QB prospects in the draft this year, doesn't mean the best few won't be 1st round picks.

This scares the living hell out of me. It wreaks of getting the next JP Losman and being in the exact same spot in 3-4 years.

Captain Obvious
02-08-2013, 12:10 PM
This scares the living hell out of me.

You are also too afraid to let it be known every year just prior to the draft who you want the Bills to draft. Your approach is to always be quiet and not tip your hand and then complain after the fact when the Bils make there picks

OpIv37
02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
You are also too afraid to let it be known every year just prior to the draft who you want the Bills to draft. Your approach is to always be quiet and not tip your hand and then complain after the fact when the Bils make there picks

And who have the Bills drafted in the 1st round that WASN'T worth complaining about? Spiller, Dareus and maybe Gilmore, and even when we drafted Spiller, we had two RB's and Spiller sucked for a season and a half.

And you aren't exactly in a position to criticize people for not committing. You say nothing- you never put anything out there at all. You just stay silent until you think you have me in a "gotcha" moment, then you pop up and embarrass yourself.

THATHURMANATOR
02-08-2013, 12:58 PM
CO what are your thoughts on my Draft strategy?

The Jokeman
02-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Nassib gives me a bit of a Tom Brady vibe to me in that he isn't the best athlete, doesn't have the best arm but is a smart heady guy who gets the job done but there's no guarantee he'll do it at the NFL level. That said I wouldn't take him in the 1st Round because he's a risk but the only QB I like in Round 1 this year is Geno Smith.

justasportsfan
02-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Nassib gives me a bit of a Tom Brady vibe to me in that he isn't the best athlete, doesn't have the best arm but is a smart heady guy who gets the job done but there's no guarantee he'll do it at the NFL level. That said I wouldn't take him in the 1st Round because he's a risk but the only QB I like in Round 1 this year is Geno Smith.

reminds me of a young Brees.

fluteflakes
02-08-2013, 02:19 PM

Tom Brady can throw deep.

Ryan Nassib can barely throw a spiral past 10-15 yards. It'll be moving fast, but it's not accurate at all. He just doesn't have the accuracy you'd like in a starting QB.

ServoBillieves
02-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Ryan Nassib can barely throw a spiral past 10-15 yards. It'll be moving fast, but it's not accurate at all. He just doesn't have the accuracy you'd like in a starting QB.

Oh snap, which team are you a scout for? That's incredible insight.

fluteflakes
02-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Oh wow, I'm so sorry I'm giving my opinion on a player based on what I see in his game.

I'll be sure to ask permission next time.

ServoBillieves
02-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Oh wow, I'm so sorry I'm giving my opinion on a player based on what I see in his game.

Apology accepted.

SABURZFAN
02-08-2013, 03:41 PM

you don't need to apologize to that hack.

ServoBillieves
02-08-2013, 03:49 PM
you don't need to apologize to that hack.

v. hacked, hack·ing, hacks
v.tr.1. To cut or chop with repeated and irregular blows: hacked down the saplings.
2. To break up the surface of (soil).
3. a. Informal To alter (a computer program): hacked her text editor to read HTML.
b. To gain access to (a <nobr>computer file (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/#)</nobr> or network) illegally or without authorization: hacked the firm's personnel database.

4. Slang To cut or mutilate as if by hacking: hacked millions off the budget.
5. Slang To cope with successfully; manage: couldn't hack a second job.

Apology accepted.

SABURZFAN
02-08-2013, 03:51 PM
:monkeyp:
v. hacked, hack·ing, hacks
v.tr.1. To cut or chop with repeated and irregular blows: hacked down the saplings.
2. To break up the surface of (soil).
3. a. Informal To alter (a computer program): hacked her text editor to read HTML.
b. To gain access to (a <nobr>computer file (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/#)</nobr> or network) illegally or without authorization: hacked the firm's personnel database.

4. Slang To cut or mutilate as if by hacking: hacked millions off the budget.
5. Slang To cope with successfully; manage: couldn't hack a second job.

Apology accepted.

ServoBillieves
02-08-2013, 04:13 PM
:monkeyp:

One of the most intelligent posters on the board. As stated before, this board is going to hell because of the astounding intelligence from non-trolls. It is astounding to see such incredible knowledge go to waste! There's a reason people block you. Please close your mouth when attempting to breathe, your nose has a purpose.

When Nassib plays a down in the NFL, then I will listen to most stupidity. But until then, it's a bunch of idiots slamming a square peg in... well I'd say round hole but they'd have to find it first. Slamming it on a wall. A peeing monkey suits your Saburz, since you can relate. #soontoleavetheboardunlesstrollsarebanned

SABURZFAN
02-08-2013, 04:22 PM
One of the most intelligent posters on the board. As stated before, this board is going to hell because of the astounding intelligence from non-trolls. It is astounding to see such incredible knowledge go to waste! There's a reason people block you. Please close your mouth when attempting to breathe, your nose has a purpose.

When Nassib plays a down in the NFL, then I will listen to most stupidity. But until then, it's a bunch of idiots slamming a square peg in... well I'd say round hole but they'd have to find it first. Slamming it on a wall. A peeing monkey suits your Saburz, since you can relate. #soontoleavetheboardunlesstrollsarebanned

#see ya... :bigwave:

Captain Obvious
02-08-2013, 04:36 PM
CO what are your thoughts on my Draft strategy?
You are hot for Matt Barkley?

Drafting Barkley in the 1st Round would be a mistake but would be ok if the Bills took him in the 2nd Round

braddavery
02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Oh snap, which team are you a scout for? That's incredible insight.

What team do YOU scout for that you feel you can deny his claim by asking what team he scouts for.

ServoBillieves
02-08-2013, 07:42 PM
What team do YOU scout for that you feel you can deny his claim by asking what team he scouts for.

Answer my question and I'll answer yours.

braddavery
02-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Answer my question and I'll answer yours.

I'm confused. Are you an NFL scout?

YardRat
02-09-2013, 05:55 AM
I used to be a scout for the Buffalo WarZone of GBL...none of these QB's in this class are worth the #8 pick, or moving back into the first round for. Go BPA in round 1, and see which ones drop to the Bills spot in round two before pulling the trigger.

kishoph
02-09-2013, 06:43 AM
I still believe that if there is a QB that you think is worth a high 2nd round pick or moving back up into the 1st to get, you don't gamble on him being there, teams will be taking QB's high in this draft, there are too many teams that need a serious upgrade at the position and once a run starts the guy you targeted for the 2nd round is not gonna be there.

better days
02-09-2013, 07:56 AM
I used to be a scout for the Buffalo WarZone of GBL...none of these QB's in this class are worth the #8 pick, or moving back into the first round for. Go BPA in round 1, and see which ones drop to the Bills spot in round two before pulling the trigger.

Here are a couple questions:

Question #1: If the Bills draft anyone but a QB at #8, can that player put the Bills over the top & into the playoffs?
IMO the answer to that question is NO.

Question #2: Looking back on it are Colin Kaepernick or Russell Wilson with the #8 pick?
IMO the answer to that question is YES.

As kishoph said, with all the QB needy teams in this draft, you don't gamble with getting a QB in this draft. Draft the best QB available at #8 rather than settling for sloppy seconds.

The Jokeman
02-09-2013, 10:18 AM

I'm far from a Nassib backer but I found this report rather telling, http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/08/ryan-nassib-statistical-scouting-report/

The Jokeman
02-09-2013, 10:23 AM

Question #1: If the Bills draft anyone but a QB at #8, can that player put the Bills over the top & into the playoffs?

Question #2: Looking back on it are Colin Kaepernick or Russell Wilson with the #8 pick?

As kishoph said, with all the QB needy teams in this draft, you don't gamble with getting a QB in this draft. Draft the best QB available at #8 rather than settling for sloppy seconds.

Ironicy the QBs you mentioned were intially drafted as sloppy seconds. I wouldn't mind reaching for a QB at pick 8 if he graded as a 1st Round pick but there's no way I reach a 2nd or 3rd round grade QB in Round 1 as in doing so you're letting a 1st Round talent player go elsewhere and as I've said many atime a draft is about getting the best group of players. So I take a WR like Cordarrelle Patterson and/or LB like Alec Ogletree at pick 8 and then see what QB is there in Round 2. As Patterson/Nassib might be the Bills version of AJ Green/Dalton.

OpIv37
02-09-2013, 12:35 PM
You are hot for Matt Barkley?

Drafting Barkley in the 1st Round would be a mistake but would be ok if the Bills took him in the 2nd Round

As much as I hate Barkley, I don't disagree with this. I think he'd be a good 2nd round pickup. However I don't think that's realistic. Barring a freak occurrence like another serious injury before the draft, he won't make it out of the first round. He probably won't make it out of the top 10,

YardRat
02-09-2013, 12:43 PM

I disagree...an impact player on defense, or even wide-out could help propel the team into the playoffs. There is certainly no guarantee that a QB will, and the odds are against.

You can play this game ad infinitum, starting with even though both had pretty good years they have a combined 28 starts between them so you might want to wait a couple of more seasons before passing a final judgement. Was JP Losman worth trading back into the first for? Was Gabbert worth a #10? Many wanted Claussen at #9, should they have snagged him? Was Sanchez worth #5? Was Russell worth #1? Was Young worth #3, or Leinart worth #10?

If you truly believe a guy is out there worth the #8, than snag him. If you're popping off just to beat the rest of the league to a position and get a QB, really, any QB with that attitude, than you're digging your own grave.

The only thing worse than blowing a first round draft pick is completely blowing one by reaching for a need and passing up real talent in the process.

kishoph
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
I disagree...an impact player on defense, or even wide-out could help propel the team into the playoffs. There is certainly no guarantee that a QB will, and the odds are against.

Jerry Rice in his prime couldn't get this team to the playoffs if Ryan Fitzpatrick is throwing him the ball, or should I say trying to throw him the ball.

YardRat
02-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Jerry Rice in his prime couldn't get this team to the playoffs if Ryan Fitzpatrick is throwing him the ball, or should I say trying to throw him the ball.

Granted, but not drafting a QB at #8 has nothing to do with Fitzpatrick starting in 2013.

better days
02-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Ironicy the QBs you mentioned were intially drafted as sloppy seconds. I wouldn't mind reaching for a QB at pick 8 if he graded as a 1st Round pick but there's no way I reach a 2nd or 3rd round grade QB in Round 1 as in doing so you're letting a 1st Round talent player go elsewhere and as I've said many atime a draft is about getting the best group of players. So I take a WR like Cordarrelle Patterson and/or LB like Alec Ogletree at pick 8 and then see what QB is there in Round 2. As Patterson/Nassib might be the Bills version of AJ Green/Dalton.

Well, the 49ers had Smith. The Seahawks had Flynn. The Bills have Fitz. Which of those three teams NEEDS a QB MOST? IMO the Bills. Just as Kaepernick & Wilson haved proven worthy of a 1st rnd pick, so are a couple QBs in this class likely to do so. The difference is this year, the QB class is not very deep. If the Bills wait, the GOOD QB's will be GONE.

YardRat
02-10-2013, 09:01 AM
If the Bills wait, the GOOD QB's will be GONE.

So, just for future reference, who are the GOOD QB's in this year's draft?

DraftBoy
02-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Good for him, still don't want him before Round 2.

better days
02-10-2013, 02:00 PM
So, just for future reference, who are the GOOD QB's in this year's draft?

I will leave that to Nix & his scouts to determine. BUT at #8 they will have a much bigger pool to pick from. If they wait until the 2nd rnd to take a QB, there will probably only be QB's with 5th rnd talent available.

YardRat
02-10-2013, 02:26 PM
I will leave that to Nix & his scouts to determine. BUT at #8 they will have a much bigger pool to pick from. If they wait until the 2nd rnd to take a QB, there will probably only be QB's with 5th rnd talent available.

So, you're OK with any QB, as long as Nix plucks one at #8?

fluteflakes
02-10-2013, 03:21 PM

Look at the teams in the draft, point to which ones will take a QB, point which QB they'll take, then point out why they'd take that particular QB.

There is a reason there are 2nd round QB's in the process. It's because, shock and awe, a lot of them will be going in the second round. You don't just take any QB at 8 because you need one, you have to pick the RIGHT QB. Not just any QB.

If we pick one out of desperation and get screwed, we're just doing this same exact thing three years from now.

better days
02-10-2013, 10:33 PM

You can play this game ad infinitum, starting with even though both had pretty good years they have a combined 28 starts between them so you might want to wait a couple of more seasons before passing a final judgement. Was JP Losman worth trading back into the first for? Was Gabbert worth a #10? Many wanted Claussen at #9, should they have snagged him? Was Sanchez worth #5? Was Russell worth #1? Was Young worth #3, or Leinart worth #10?

If you truly believe a guy is out there worth the #8, than snag him. If you're popping off just to beat the rest of the league to a position and get a QB, really, any QB with that attitude, than you're digging your own grave.

The only thing worse than blowing a first round draft pick is completely blowing one by reaching for a need and passing up real talent in the process.

Well, WHO is going to QB this team to the playoffs then? Like I said, NO GOOD QBs will be left to draft by the time the Bills pick in the 2nd rnd. They could trade up I guess & draft a QB in the bottom of the 1st, but then they will lose out on a guy they could have drafted with the pick they give up in trade. I would rather trade down a few spots if NOBODY takes a QB before 8, BUT if a couple QB's are already gone by 8 the Bills NEED to take the best one left at that spot.

Mouldsie
02-10-2013, 11:03 PM
I have a hard time wanting QB's with accuracy concerns.

If he makes it, he will have a career like McNabb. Donovan had a strong and erratic arm but he made a lot of great reads and played in a good system so he made up for it in that way. Fitzpatrick is similar except he has a weak and erratic arm lol

kishoph
02-11-2013, 04:09 AM
I have a hard time wanting QB's with accuracy concerns.

Just how bad is his accuracy issue, looking at the breakdown below, and it doesn't seem to be that big of a problem.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/08/ryan-nassib-statistical-scouting-report/

Thanks to The Jokerman for the link.

YardRat
02-11-2013, 05:47 AM
Well, WHO is going to QB this team to the playoffs then? Like I said, NO GOOD QBs will be left to draft by the time the Bills pick in the 2nd rnd. They could trade up I guess & draft a QB in the bottom of the 1st, but then they will lose out on a guy they could have drafted with the pick they give up in trade. I would rather trade down a few spots if NOBODY takes a QB before 8, BUT if a couple QB's are already gone by 8 the Bills NEED to take the best one left at that spot.

Why do you assume A)-There are any good QB's to begin with in this draft and, B)-The only GOOD ones will be drafted in the first 40 picks while the rest are 'not' GOOD?

better days
02-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Why do you assume A)-There are any good QB's to begin with in this draft and, B)-The only GOOD ones will be drafted in the first 40 picks while the rest are 'not' GOOD?

Well, I could be wrong, but I think there are 3 or 4 QBs that could be good in this draft. I also think those 3 or 4 will be drafted before #40. The rest of the QB's don't look like they will amount to anything better than back up level.

And again WHO would QB the Bills to the playoffs if they pick someone other than a QB in the first?

fluteflakes
02-11-2013, 09:50 PM
No matter how many times it's said it still bears repeating.

We're more than a QB away from the playoffs. Period. Right now plain and simple this roster just isn't very talented. There is talent at some key positions, and our offensive line if we can retain Levitre and shore up the right side is poised to be one of if not the best O-lines in the NFL. But other than that we don't have the talent or the depth to field a consistently successful team.

You can get a starting caliber, playoff caliber QB in the second round. There are a couple in this draft I love. Zac Dysert, being chief amongst them. This isn't a particularly top heavy class to begin with, there are two clear cut top 10 guys, and then a whole lot of speculation.

But acting like we either take a QB in the first round or we're screwed is just faulty logic.

better days
02-11-2013, 11:36 PM

We're more than a QB away from the playoffs. Period. Right now plain and simple this roster just isn't very talented. There is talent at some key positions, and our offensive line if we can retain Levitre and shore up the right side is poised to be one of if not the best O-lines in the NFL. But other than that we don't have the talent or the depth to field a consistently successful team.

You can get a starting caliber, playoff caliber QB in the second round. There are a couple in this draft I love. Zac Dysert, being chief amongst them. This isn't a particularly top heavy class to begin with, there are two clear cut top 10 guys, and then a whole lot of speculation.

But acting like we either take a QB in the first round or we're screwed is just faulty logic.

Faulty logic is thinking a guy like Dysert will take any team to the playoffs. BECAUSE there is no LUCK & Wilson in this draft, everyone else moves up the ladder. The Colts were more than a couple players away when Peyton Manning was drafted.
You think they should not have drafted him because they didn't have the talent or depth to field a consistently successful team?

YardRat
02-12-2013, 05:44 AM
Faulty logic is thinking a guy like Dysert will take any team to the playoffs. BECAUSE there is no LUCK & Wilson in this draft, everyone else moves up the ladder. The Colts were more than a couple players away when Peyton Manning was drafted.
You think they should not have drafted him because they didn't have the talent or depth to field a consistently successful team?

There is no Manning in this draft either, and even if there was it would be moot because we're not sitting at 1 or 2 draft position.

Thief
02-12-2013, 08:39 AM
We have a very good O-line. We have stellar RBs. We have a red zone sure handed TE. We have one standout WR. Sooooo..... makes sense to me to go after Bowe and draft Nassib. Nassib has shown he has the skill, the work ethnic, and the brains. Plus, experience in the system.

Why the hell do all of you consistently over think things?

At that point it is up to the coaching staff to implemented a system they can be good in, because there is talent there folks.

better days
02-12-2013, 08:48 AM
There is no Manning in this draft either, and even if there was it would be moot because we're not sitting at 1 or 2 draft position.

Agreed there is no Manning. There are a FEW QBs that the Bills could win with however. I just want to see them get one of them. I do NOT want to see Fitz or Alex Smith at QB!!

justasportsfan
02-12-2013, 08:51 AM
While there are no RG3's or Lucks in this draft , I'm sure there are Wilsons , Kaepernicks or even Drew Brees who was a 2nd rd. pick and Rogers who was a late 1st rd. Question is, which ones?

Bill Cody
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm sure there are Wilsons , Kaepernicks or even Drew Brees who was a 2nd rd. pick and Rogers who was a late 1st rd. Question is, which ones?

Those are 3 different years

Thief
02-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Those are 3 different years4 different, but how is that relevant?

Bill Cody
02-12-2013, 10:26 AM
4 different, but how is that relevant?

Just that there are not going to be a bunch of great QB's from one draft, particularly a weak one like this.

Thief
02-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Just that there are not going to be a bunch of great QB's from one draft, particularly a weak one like this.
Which is why that dude specifically noted several QBs that not many thought were going to be great. Still wondering why it matters that they were in different years though.

Bill Cody
02-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Which is why that dude specifically noted several QBs that not many thought were going to be great. Still wondering why it matters that they were in different years though.

It's quite possible there is A diamond in the rough. Singular. If they happened all the time he wouldn't need to pull QB's from 4 years. Get it now?

justasportsfan
02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Just that there are not going to be a bunch of great QB's from one draft, particularly a weak one like this.I wasn't implying that.

Those are 3 different years

I know, I'm just saying there could be qb's in this years draft ,drafted either late in the 1st-2nd round that could end up being as good as them.

Bill Cody
02-12-2013, 04:08 PM
I wasn't implying that.

I know, I'm just saying there could be qb's in this years draft ,drafted either late in the 1st-2nd round that could end up being as good as them.

Anythings possible I guess

IlluminatusUIUC
02-12-2013, 05:20 PM

Being in the playoffs and being consistently successful are two different things. Fitzpatrick ended not one (Tennessee), not two (New England), not three (St. Louis), but FOUR (Indianapolis) games with a back-breaking fourth-quarter interception while we were within one score. [In the Indy game, Stevie at least got the ball back so Fitz could **** it up again]

A competent QB could have kept us in all four of those games, and maybe even a few others - like not spotting the Jets three possessions inside our 50 to open the season.

Thief
02-13-2013, 10:06 AM
It's quite possible there is A diamond in the rough. Singular. If they happened all the time he wouldn't need to pull QB's from 4 years. Get it now?
We only need one diamond in the rough. So, I understand what you are saying, however still do not understand your logic.

EDS
02-13-2013, 10:56 AM
I will cry into my beer and sob openly if the Bills get snookered into drafting Nassib in round 1.