• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

FA for offense

Chase is familiar with this system.

Danny Amendola (STL) - With quickness and sure hands, Amendola is as good as any working the slots and the chains. Though playing only 11 games, Amendola reeled in 63 passes for 666 yards and providing Bradford his only reliable target. The Rams don't have much cap space to use the franchise tag, but they should make re- signing Amendola to a long- term deal a high priority this offseason if they wish to see Sam Bradford finally take another step forward.

Perfect for this offence....go into the draft...you have the luxury of BAP.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

• The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: FA for offense

Originally posted by acehole View Post
    Chase is familiar with this system.

Danny Amendola (STL) - With quickness and sure hands, Amendola is as good as any working the slots and the chains. Though playing only 11 games, Amendola reeled in 63 passes for 666 yards and providing Bradford his only reliable target. The Rams don't have much cap space to use the franchise tag, but they should make re- signing Amendola to a long- term deal a high priority this offseason if they wish to see Sam Bradford finally take another step forward.

Perfect for this offence....go into the draft...you have the luxury of BAP.
    Chase never played under Marrone. It's a common misconception due to both having ties to the Saints. On December 11, 2008, he was chosen as Syracuse University's head football coach and by contrast
    Daniel was signed to the New Orleans Saints practice squad on September 6, 2009..

In terms free agents, if you read http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...outing-report/ you'll learn that the Orange didn't have much of a screen offense, which might nod bode well for CJ Spiller, so a guy like Amendola ie Welker jr. might not fit in well with this offense. One might think based on ties to the offense the UFA we could be targetting this offseason would be Devery Henderson not to mention he does offer up some much needed speed at the position. Yet to me he's more of a #3 WR than a number 1/2 which we need. Yet in the very least he could replace Donald Jones and maybe us to look at WR later than sooner in the draft. Yet I have to admit right now I'm really intrigued by Cordarrelle Patterson in the draft and think he could be on the Bills eyes too.

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

Chase Daniel is a scrub. How people can advocate for getting rid of Fitz and then want to sign a guy like Chase Daniel defies all logic.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Bangarang View Post
        Chase Daniel is a scrub. How people can advocate for getting rid of Fitz and then want to sign a guy like Chase Daniel defies all logic.
        Because Daniel is an unknown ie potential whereas Fitz is known and average at best. So there's hope that Daniel will be better. Yet based on the law of averages he's not so I wouldn't pursue him hard.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Amendola is good, but we already have too many guys suited for the slot...we need somebody on the outside.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bangarang
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
            Because Daniel is an unknown ie potential whereas Fitz is known and average at best. So there's hope that Daniel will be better. Yet based on the law of averages he's not so I wouldn't pursue him hard.
            The dump that I'm about to take later is still unknown but at the end of it all, it's still crap.

Also the Saints had waived Chase before and nobody claimed him. That should tell you something.
            Last edited by Bangarang; 02-09-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

Well I never mentioned he did...but it is a quick read west coast offense..

I respectfully disagree with your assessment Amendola will not work in such an offense. The ball is coming out quick and you need sure hands for that system not terrific speed as we are not going chuck and duck here.

I dont know if we would pick either up but I do think they could help the offense a good deal offer what is there now,..

I still like the idea of going into the draft with these areas at least addressed before the draft,,,then having to reach for a guy.

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
              Chase never played under Marrone. It's a common misconception due to both having ties to the Saints. On December 11, 2008, he was chosen as Syracuse University's head football coach and by contrast
              Daniel was signed to the New Orleans Saints practice squad on September 6, 2009..

In terms free agents, if you read http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...outing-report/ you'll learn that the Orange didn't have much of a screen offense, which might nod bode well for CJ Spiller, so a guy like Amendola ie Welker jr. might not fit in well with this offense. One might think based on ties to the offense the UFA we could be targetting this offseason would be Devery Henderson not to mention he does offer up some much needed speed at the position. Yet to me he's more of a #3 WR than a number 1/2 which we need. Yet in the very least he could replace Donald Jones and maybe us to look at WR later than sooner in the draft. Yet I have to admit right now I'm really intrigued by Cordarrelle Patterson in the draft and think he could be on the Bills eyes too.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Bert102176
                • Aug 2002

I like Amendola, or donnie avery, julian edelman, johnny knox ormike williams one of them would get nice would absolutely love dennis pitta or dustin keller or jared cook or fred davis for TE, cut chris kelsey, mark anderson
                lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
                  • Aug 2002

Pitta is a rfa and I would give up a 2nd or 3rd for him
                  lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                  X