PDA

View Full Version : Tony Casillas: 1990s Cowboys used medicine meant for horses

BLeonard
02-09-2013, 08:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/07/tony-casillas-1990s-cowboys-used-medicine-meant-for-horses/

“When I heard about deer antler spray, when I heard that, I said, ‘That’s nothing,’” Casillas said. “We used to use this stuff called DMSO. That’s what veterinarians put on horses, on a muscle, so this is stuff that you can rub, and we used it in the locker room. We had a bottle and you’d take it. It goes straight to the bloodstream. And I’m not sure about this deer antler stuff, but, I mean, it was prevalent in our locker room. It’s called DMSO. You get it from the veterinarian and it goes right to the bloodstream. It’s an ointment that’s like anti-inflammatory. You put it on your skin and you put it on a muscle, and I guarantee you, in about 30 minutes you’d feel it. It wasn’t on the list. If you’re going to talk about the deer antler stuff, we used DMSO and people knew it. Everyone knew about it.”

“Let’s put it this way: If you’ve got to get it from a veterinarian, it’s probably — it’s kind of like getting Winstrol V, they’ve got to get it from a vet, but that’s a steroid,” he said.

-Bill

Skooby
02-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Cheat to win, it's what we teach the kids.

DynaPaul
02-09-2013, 08:53 PM
I heard that stuff is great for arthritis but never heard that you could use it as a performance enhancing substance.

stuckincincy
02-10-2013, 11:33 AM
I heard that stuff is great for arthritis but never heard that you could use it as a performance enhancing substance.

Whither dimethyl sulfoxide? IIRC, Roman Gabriel was a proponent...

pmoon6
02-10-2013, 05:33 PM
I heard that stuff is great for arthritis but never heard that you could use it as a performance enhancing substance.It's not. I used to use it on my shoulder joints mixed with crushed hydrocortisone tablets. It's a transdermal delivery agent with muscle and joint soothing properties of its own. Worked great and I didn't have to go to the doctor and get a shot anymore.

Much ado about nothing.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
i dont care. we had no business even being on the field with that juggernaut team...

their dline had 7 pro bowlers.. and the best oline in nfl history...

- - - Updated - - -

think of their talent on d this way.

their dline was so good, wanny and his d actually worked...

TigerJ
02-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Actually, DMSO has been around for like 30 years. People used it before it was used on horses. It was sold in the classifieds at the back of magazines like Popular Mechanics. It does absorb easily thorugh the skin and allegedly promotes healing. There are risks, which is why it never gained acceptance in the established medical community. For one thing, some impurities can get absorbed through the skin along with the drug.