Anybody watched the WGRZ-TV's Ralph Wilson's Living Legacy show last night? Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Anybody watched the WGRZ-TV's Ralph Wilson's Living Legacy show last night? Thoughts?

Checked it out and it's great that Ralph has been committed to keeping the Bills here over
    the years, but the special brought up some disturbing facts about how this team has
    underachieved by bad decisions in management, bad players and bad coaches. Overall,
    I thought it was an informative show and would like to know what you feel about Ralph
    and his legacy. I may not like all of his decisions, but I do give him credit for his
    loyalty to the WNY region. Now if Russ can only put a competitive winning team on
    the field, that my biggest wish. Discuss!
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Anybody watched the WGRZ-TV's Ralph Wilson's Living Legacy show last night? Thoug

I saw it. It's something we've discussed to death here and all the points were covered.

Good person but has the football sense of my 12 year old daughter.. who doesn't watch football. He trusts only Littman, Brandon and a few others, since all the others have died. I still can't believe he's in the HOF. He would pinch pennies at the wrong time and spend $ at the wrong time. Drove Lou Saban, Chuck Knox and Bill Polian out of town. He owed each of them a ton. They won in spite of him.

Loyalty ? To a point. He originally wanted the team near his winter home in Miami in 1960 and was talked into Buffalo by AFL commisioner Joe Foss and league president Lamar Hunt. He threatened to move the team in Seattle when he wasn't getting his way with a football only stadium to replace the Rockpile, costing Buffalo a MLB team. The taxpayers gave him a free ride here, after holding them hostage on more than one occasion. He's hardly the saint many wish to view him as.

Now he's handed off the team to a 45 year old marketing wonderboy for the last chapter before the eventual sale. Will Marrone be handcuffed by Brandon and Littman ? We'll see.

I took the program for what it's worth....an entertainment piece.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
    X