PDA

View Full Version : Vikings to trade Percy Harvin

Mr. Miyagi
02-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Personally I think he's a knucklehead but his talent cannot be disbuted. They'll probably be looking for at least a 2nd rounder though. So I'll pass.

Pinkerton Security
02-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Personally I think he's a knucklehead but his talent cannot be disbuted. They'll probably be looking for at least a 2nd rounder though. So I'll pass.

Imagine this weapon along with CJ, Fred, Stevie, and a REAL QB! Would be ridic.

clumping platelets
02-11-2013, 08:48 AM
swap 2nd rd picks with Vikes

better days
02-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Where did you hear he would be traded? I just checked profootball talk.com & they have nothing about that. I don't see that happening myself, he is a big part of their offense.

Pinkerton Security
02-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Where did you hear he would be traded? I just checked profootball talk.com & they have nothing about that. I don't see that happening myself, he is a big part of their offense.

Surprisingly, there is more than 1 site that covers NFL news.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137929/article/report-vikings-will-actively-pursue-percy-harvin-trade

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/11/3975842/percy-harvin-vikings-trade-block

Mr. Miyagi
02-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Just heard it on Sirius NFL Radio. Said Harvey had a huge lash out with Leslie Frasier.

PTI
02-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Without a doubt he would be a huge asset.

THATHURMANATOR
02-11-2013, 09:50 AM
He is one of the best players in the NFL and is young.

Miyagi wouldn't give a second rounder for him? Seriously????

psubills62
02-11-2013, 09:52 AM
If healthy, he'd be a nice weapon.

X-Era
02-11-2013, 10:20 AM
3rd rounder... get it done

MTBillsFan
02-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Do it! Before he went down, there were serious talks of him being league MVP. Between him, stevie and cj. it would be a good offense. Even Ponder made Harvin look good.

Mouldsie
02-11-2013, 11:07 AM
2nd round? I wouldnt think twice.

But my first offer would be a 3rd + TJ Graham

EDS
02-11-2013, 11:07 AM
What is his contract status?

Skooby
02-11-2013, 11:25 AM
If his contract is right, give them our 2nd & take back a 5th rounder based on how low our second round pick is.

better days
02-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Do it! Before he went down, there were serious talks of him being league MVP. Between him, stevie and cj. it would be a good offense. Even Ponder made Harvin look good.

I think you mean, Harvin made Ponder look decent.

better days
02-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Surprisingly, there is more than 1 site that covers NFL news.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137929/article/report-vikings-will-actively-pursue-percy-harvin-trade

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/11/3975842/percy-harvin-vikings-trade-block

I know, but profootballtalk.com is usually really quick with the rumor mill.

Mr. Miyagi
02-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Miyagi wouldn't give a second rounder for him? Seriously????
Not for the baggage he brings along.

better days
02-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Not for the baggage he brings along.

Some players are worth the baggage they bring. Harvin is one of those players.

fluteflakes
02-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Baggage or no, through several weeks last year he was the most dynamic player in the league. You can't teach that. If we can bring him in and the price is right (hopefully it is considering we've got 6 draft picks) I'm all for it. Talent like him doesn't just come along every day.

The King
02-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Giving up our second forces us to address a QB in the first... I don't want our hand forced. I would definitely be interested but not in giving up a 2.

streetkings01
02-11-2013, 03:05 PM
2nd and 7th for a big play WR that can add alot to an offense. Harvin, Spiller and Graham thats alot of speed on offense.

coastal
02-11-2013, 04:00 PM
No thanks.

better days
02-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Giving up our second forces us to address a QB in the first... I don't want our hand forced. I would definitely be interested but not in giving up a 2.

We SHOULD address the QB in the first rnd in any case. I would not mind a trade back & pick up an extra pick, but the Bills should pick a QB before rnd 2. also, the Bills could trade a 3rd this year & a 3rd or 4th next year that is conditional.

Buddo
02-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I've read somewhere recently, that Harvin is expected to hold out unless he gets a new deal. The cost in a pick(s) and a new deal, seems likely to be too much all together atm. We still have a bunch of guys we need to get re-signed, before getting too carried away.
There's no doubt Harvin is a playmaker, but he is also something of a liability at the same time. He has a nasty habit of missing games through migraines, which makes life pretty difficult when it comes to game planning, and he always seems to have some sort of axe to grind - and for the life of me, I can't see why that should be the case.
Seems as though we are getting back to the bad old days, of a bunch of diva WRs.
I think about the one thing I would say in Harvin's favor, is that he is a guy who it would appear, can play with just about any QB.
Overall, I think he's a too risky, for too much cost, both in pick(s) and a new deal. If we had a QB sorted, then the risk reduces, but we haven't, and we also do need to get a few guys re-signed, especially the likes of Byrd and Levitre. Harvin won't only want to get paid, he will also want to get paid at the very top end for a WR, and not entirely unjustifiably.
I'd also agree that giving up a 2nd, does really force our hand, when it comes to drafting a QB, especially as my gut feeling is that there are probably a decent bucnh with 2nd round grades, while only a couple with 1st round grades, both of whom could be long gone by the time we pick @ #8.

jamze132
02-12-2013, 05:10 AM
How sexy would Harvin look in a Patriots jersey? Bill and Marcia would give each other the double dutch rudder.

YardRat
02-12-2013, 05:36 AM
Hell, the new staff is just starting to get a grasp on who the core players of the new regime may and may not be. Unfortunately, the timing just isn't right for this team to be able to afford draft picks and possibly more money for one WR.

We still need o-linemen.
We still need front 7 on D.
We still need a QB.
We still need another CB.

Address those positions first, and plug in the offensive skill positions later.

tampabay25690
02-12-2013, 06:34 AM
What is his contract status?

Under rookie contract still
Would luv to have Percy a Buffalo Bill

better days
02-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Hell, the new staff is just starting to get a grasp on who the core players of the new regime may and may not be. Unfortunately, the timing just isn't right for this team to be able to afford draft picks and possibly more money for one WR.

We still need o-linemen.
We still need front 7 on D.
We still need a QB.
We still need another CB.

Address those positions first, and plug in the offensive skill positions later.

In life sometimes a deal comes along that you have to take at that moment or lose it forever. If the Bills could get Harvin, I would be all for it & worry about other needs later. I think one pick this year & another pick next year could get it done if he is on the block.

Bert102176
02-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I would trade a 2nd for him but first I would try offering a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year with the possibilty of it being a 2nd based on how get does this year

Mski
02-13-2013, 03:11 PM
i heard on sirius that it may take as much as #8 to get him... they were specifically talking about him and buffalo... i think a first is too much though i wouldnt hate a second

- - - Updated - - -

doesnt he have migraine issues too?