PDA

View Full Version : Nix: Add TE to the list

justasportsfan
02-13-2013, 08:33 AM
“We need a young one at that position,” said Nix.

Nix also said they intend to target two or three players in free agency, and that’ll determine where they go in the draft.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/02/12/nix-add-te-to-the-list/

Chandler is entering a contract season while coming off a torn ACL. Do you think we go FA or draft? QB,WR,OLB and TE as our 4 biggest need.

OpIv37
02-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Is it just me, or have those 4 positions been holes for Nix's entire tenure? Granted, we had some bigger holes that were filled and he can't do it all at once, but it just seems like we've been complaining about these positions since the Jauron days with no results.

ThunderGun
02-13-2013, 08:42 AM
I would think that we'd go TE in Free Agency. These guys should all be available:

Fred Davis
Dustin Keller
Jared Cook
Martellus Bennett
Brandon Myers
James Casey
Ben Watson
Anthony Fasano
Delanie Walker
Kellen Winslow
Todd Heap
Jeremy Shockey
Visanthe Shiancoe
Chris Cooley
Dante Rosario
Travis Beckum

I'd love Bennett, but he says he wants to stay in NY, and would give them a discount. And they want to keep him, so I doubt he hits free agency. I'd be happy with Delanie Walker.

OpIv37
02-13-2013, 08:43 AM
I'll be surprised if the Skins let Davis go.

But I wouldn't give him big money. He's one joint away from a year suspension.

dannyek71
02-13-2013, 08:46 AM
I always liked Fasano

Pinkerton Security
02-13-2013, 08:47 AM
I would think that we'd go TE in Free Agency. These guys should all be available:

Fred Davis
Dustin Keller
Jared Cook
Martellus Bennett
Brandon Myers
James Casey
Ben Watson
Anthony Fasano
Delanie Walker
Kellen Winslow
Todd Heap
Jeremy Shockey
Visanthe Shiancoe
Chris Cooley
Dante Rosario
Travis Beckum

I'd love Bennett, but he says he wants to stay in NY, and would give them a discount. And they want to keep him, so I doubt he hits free agency. I'd be happy with Delanie Walker.

Id like Cook, Davis, Bennett, Myers, or Casey. theres actually a surprising number of decent TE's available.

The King
02-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Good Chandler sucks.

The King
02-13-2013, 08:52 AM
I love James Casey.

THRILLHO
02-13-2013, 08:58 AM
It's not like we could have drafted Gronkowski or Hernandez...

The Jokeman
02-13-2013, 09:15 AM

Fred Davis
Dustin Keller
Jared Cook
Martellus Bennett
Brandon Myers
James Casey
Ben Watson
Anthony Fasano
Delanie Walker
Kellen Winslow
Todd Heap
Jeremy Shockey
Visanthe Shiancoe
Chris Cooley
Dante Rosario
Travis Beckum

Walker is a role player and I don't know if he'd be a starter here. I mean he was a backup/spot starter for the 49ers. Personally I would go after a guy like Dustin Keller as an UFA as he offers up some things that Chandler doesn't offer and might be affordable since coming off injury. Another guy that might be available is Jermichael Finley who I've been talking about since last offseason. If there was a position of strength in UFA it is TE and would be happy adding either Keller, Finley, Bennett, Davis, Cook. I'd also consider Ben Watson as a one or two year option.

Bert102176
02-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I love James Casey.

I prefer cook, or keller, or davis, or pitta, or bennett, or even winslow jr, casey is more a fb/ get, but after the other guys get woulb get next and last on my list pitta is a rfa which I think was drafted in the 3rd round and yeah I would give a 3rd for him even a 2nd if that is what we had to give up heck the Ravens are strapped by the cap so maybe get becomes a ufa but pitta, cook, and keller are my top 3 followed very closely by davis and bennett.

Mr. Miyagi
02-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Chandler tore his ACL?

The King
02-13-2013, 10:19 AM
I prefer cook, or keller, or davis, or pitta, or bennett, or even winslow jr, casey is more a fb/ get, but after the other guys get woulb get next and last on my list pitta is a rfa which I think was drafted in the 3rd round and yeah I would give a 3rd for him even a 2nd if that is what we had to give up heck the Ravens are strapped by the cap so maybe get becomes a ufa but pitta, cook, and keller are my top 3 followed very closely by davis and bennett.

At no point during this ramble did I understand one thing you're saying.

OpIv37
02-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Chandler tore his ACL?

Yeah I think it was in the 2nd to last game of the year against Miami. He had a couple of big catches before getting hurt. It was clear Gailey saw a flaw in the D that he could exploit with Chandler. Unfortunately, he decided to force the ball to he smaller, less experienced Dorin Dickenson when Chandler got hurt, rather than, you know, adjust the plan mid-game. And that's one of many reasons why he's now unemployed.

But I digress- chandler may not make it back for the start of the 2013 season.

Ginger Vitis
02-13-2013, 10:21 AM
if Tyler Eifert could just drop to t he 41st pick

bf1
02-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Is it just me, or have those 4 positions been holes for Nix's entire tenure? Granted, we had some bigger holes that were filled and he can't do it all at once, but it just seems like we've been complaining about these positions since the Jauron days with no results.

It's not just you.

Mski
02-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Winslow is an intreguing option.. the guy is definately physically gifted

justasportsfan
02-13-2013, 10:34 AM
IMO, Nelson going down allowed teams to cover Chandler which hurt his nos. He's not very athletic but he's been a good target in the endzone. Not that what he did in the past matters now that there's a new HC/OC.

coastal
02-13-2013, 10:42 AM
The kid from Cincinatti or U of Florida in the 3rd or 4th... or both in this rounds.

justasportsfan
02-13-2013, 10:42 AM
looking at our needs , which positions in this years draft are considered deep which allows the bills to wait in the later rounds to draft at that position?

from what people are saying DL , lber and wr are deep in this years draft.

The King
02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
did he even play last year?

The King
02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
IMO, Nelson going down allowed teams to cover Chandler which hurt his nos. He's not very athletic but he's been a good target in the endzone. Not that what he did in the past matters now that there's a new HC/OC.
He dropped a lot of passes.

Mski
02-13-2013, 10:48 AM
to be honest, i really dont know... if he didnt it probably wouldnt cost much to bring him in on a deal similar to what young got last year

The King
02-13-2013, 10:57 AM
to be honest, i really dont know... if he didnt it probably wouldnt cost much to bring him in on a deal similar to what young got last year
Pats signed him and cut him 2 weeks later I think.

justasportsfan
02-13-2013, 12:05 PM
He dropped a lot of passes.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/22/signature-stats-drop-rate-tight-ends/

IlluminatusUIUC
02-13-2013, 02:21 PM

I thought he retired because his knees were bone on bone. I don't think he has anything left.

YardRat
02-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Oh, good. So that brings the list of needs up to only QB, RB, WR, TE, OT, G, C, DT, DE, OLB, ILB, SS, CB, PK and P.

Piece of cake.

Bert102176
02-13-2013, 07:42 PM

The first couple of games then was cut, picked up by the pats I believe then was cut again.

fluteflakes
02-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Oh, good. So that brings the list of needs up to only QB, RB, WR, TE, OT, G, C, DT, DE, OLB, ILB, SS, CB, PK and P.

Piece of cake.

Well you know to be fair, it's not like there's anything NEW about this scenario.

Meathead
02-13-2013, 08:40 PM

Piece of cake.

stop exaggerating. we dont need a punter

Mski
02-14-2013, 09:01 AM
stop exaggerating. we dont need a punterno i think he's right... only position on the team safe is Long Snapper

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 09:04 AM
stop exaggerating. we dont need a punter

Well to be fair.

Shawn Powell is terrible.

The Jokeman
02-14-2013, 09:37 AM

Piece of cake.

You forgot the most important position, team owner!

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-14-2013, 10:17 AM

He is intriguing. He is also a f****** moron

Mouldsie
02-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Sign Jared Cook

Oaf
02-14-2013, 12:40 PM

No, hence why I posted the "CB 'suspects' S" thread.

Digging a hole, filling it back in, then calling it a day's good work.

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Sign Jared Cook

This a million times.

Cook has the sheer physical ability to be one of the best TE's in the NFL, he's just never used in Tenn for whatever reason (stupidity mostly). I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

better days
02-14-2013, 07:15 PM
No, hence why I posted the "CB 'suspects' S" thread.

Digging a hole, filling it back in, then calling it a day's good work.

The irony is in life it is much harder to dig the hole & easy to fill it back in, in the NFL it is just the opposite.

psubills62
02-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Bills have needed a good TE for a while. I've never been that impressed with Chandler, personally. Would much prefer it if he were a 3rd TE.