• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I can see us taking a QB at #8

We all talk about trading down, waiting until round 2-5 for a QB. Chances are, we need a QB badly and I can see us taking one at #8, and there's nothing any of us fans can do about it.

With that as a given, would you be happier with Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, Geno Smith, or Tyler Wilson?

I'd be okay with Barkley or Nassib.
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: I can see us taking a QB at #8

Smith or Barkley.

Comment

• bflojohn
      • Aug 2005

I'd say that Tyler Wilson is my #1 option here, however, the Bills could wait on Ryan Nassib until the late first or early second round area, and I would be a-ok with that strategy!!

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Geno Smith should be the only QB option in the 1st RD for us.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

It's absolutely a possibility. And if that QB ends usp being a guy who can lead the team to wins through his playmaking and is a playoff caliber QB it would be worth the pick.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Everyone realizes how bad we need a QB... but the worst thing you can do is reach for one in a weak class while passing on a stud player at another postion.

You wind up with another Losman or Todd Collins while passing on a stud lineman. Sign a Vet in FA and wait until Round 2-3 for another QB prospect.

You can't argue it. It's science !
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              Everyone realizes how bad we need a QB... but the worst thing you can do is reach for one in a weak class while passing on a stud player at another postion.

You wind up with another Losman or Todd Collins while passing on a stud lineman. Sign a Vet in FA and wait until Round 2-3 for another QB prospect.

For a team that needs a QB as bad as the Bills do, the worst thing you can do is wait until the GOOD QBs are already drafted before drafting a scrub in the 2-3rd rnd.

I'm all for drafting a QB at 8 & get pick of the litter rather than settling for the runt.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Wilson or Barkley.

Which means they will look at Nassib and the stud qb from SW Central Idaho St. that nobody has heard of to take and "develop".

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

I say we go BPA in this draft and then tank the season next year so that we can finally get a top end qb in the 2014 draft. It'll be easy, we just have to find a scrub QB with no arm and have him throw 40+ times a game. Keep spillers carries low, single digits(play the winded card). And stay in a Nickle defense all game while the other team brings in their power packages(no blitzing allowed, causing pressure might screw things up)...im a fricken genius.

Oh...and to answer your question...Geno.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

With all the Geno Smith talk, do you think Marrone would grab him after he made Geno look bad at the Pin Stripe bowl?
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

All of those guys are huge reaches at 8 with the possible exception of Barkely and that's even a bit high for him.

There really is no one available at 8 who will be worth the pick.

Nix has put us in a no-win situation by dicking around with the QB position for 3 years. Either we reach for one at 8 and risk setting the team back another 2-3 years or we address other holes and go into the season shaky at QB. Again.

Pick your poison but Nix can only blame himself.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        All of those guys are huge reaches at 8 with the possible exception of Barkely and that's even a bit high for him.

There really is no one available at 8 who will be worth the pick.

Nix has put us in a no-win situation by dicking around with the QB position for 3 years. Either we reach for one at 8 and risk setting the team back another 2-3 years or we address other holes and go into the season shaky at QB. Again.

Pick your poison but Nix can only blame himself.
                        With the new CBA it is not like before. If a QB taken in the first does not pan out, you can take one again next year because you don't have a boatload of money tied up in him.

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

Its not like we haven't been reaching on the defensive side for nearly a decade.

The idea that it is somehow OK to reach on defense, but is a mortal sin to even consider reaching at QB...is baffling.

But for the reaching on defense, the QB stable could have been...

Cutler
                          Flacco
                          Freeman
                          Kaepernick

At the very least...the trade value of them would net us about 5 1st round picks.

If you're going to reach, reach for the most important position on the field.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            With the new CBA it is not like before. If a QB taken in the first does not pan out, you can take one again next year because you don't have a boatload of money tied up in him.
                            I was thinking in terms of wasted draft picks and not the cap. A big reason why this team has sucked for this entire century so far is poor first round draft picks who either flat out sucked or weren't with the team long: Mike Williams, McGahee, Lynch, McKelvin, McCargo, Maybin, Whitner....

When you have a **** season, you are granted the opportunity to get an elite player in the draft. When you fail to capitalize on that opportunity, you have more **** seasons. This team just still has too many holes and can't afford wasting this pick on someone who is not elite at their position.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

We have already taken this road to death. The question is however, assuming we DO take a QB at #8, which one would you prefer?

Comment

Working...
                              X