PDA

View Full Version : I can see us taking a QB at #8

Mr. Miyagi
02-13-2013, 09:07 PM
We all talk about trading down, waiting until round 2-5 for a QB. Chances are, we need a QB badly and I can see us taking one at #8, and there's nothing any of us fans can do about it.

With that as a given, would you be happier with Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib, Geno Smith, or Tyler Wilson?

I'd be okay with Barkley or Nassib.

Slim
02-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Smith or Barkley.

bflojohn
02-13-2013, 10:14 PM
I'd say that Tyler Wilson is my #1 option here, however, the Bills could wait on Ryan Nassib until the late first or early second round area, and I would be a-ok with that strategy!!

jamze132
02-14-2013, 05:44 AM
Geno Smith should be the only QB option in the 1st RD for us.

X-Era
02-14-2013, 05:55 AM
<p>
It&#39;s absolutely a possibility. And if that QB ends usp being a guy who can lead the team to wins through his playmaking and is a playoff caliber QB it would be worth the pick.</p>

Night Train
02-14-2013, 05:56 AM
Everyone realizes how bad we need a QB... but the worst thing you can do is reach for one in a weak class while passing on a stud player at another postion.

You wind up with another Losman or Todd Collins while passing on a stud lineman. Sign a Vet in FA and wait until Round 2-3 for another QB prospect.

You can't argue it. It's science !

better days
02-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Everyone realizes how bad we need a QB... but the worst thing you can do is reach for one in a weak class while passing on a stud player at another postion.

You wind up with another Losman or Todd Collins while passing on a stud lineman. Sign a Vet in FA and wait until Round 2-3 for another QB prospect.

For a team that needs a QB as bad as the Bills do, the worst thing you can do is wait until the GOOD QBs are already drafted before drafting a scrub in the 2-3rd rnd.

I'm all for drafting a QB at 8 & get pick of the litter rather than settling for the runt.

k-oneputt
02-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Wilson or Barkley.

Which means they will look at Nassib and the stud qb from SW Central Idaho St. that nobody has heard of to take and "develop".

venis2k1
02-14-2013, 08:36 AM
I say we go BPA in this draft and then tank the season next year so that we can finally get a top end qb in the 2014 draft. It'll be easy, we just have to find a scrub QB with no arm and have him throw 40+ times a game. Keep spillers carries low, single digits(play the winded card). And stay in a Nickle defense all game while the other team brings in their power packages(no blitzing allowed, causing pressure might screw things up)...im a fricken genius.

Oh...and to answer your question...Geno.

justasportsfan
02-14-2013, 08:39 AM
With all the Geno Smith talk, do you think Marrone would grab him after he made Geno look bad at the Pin Stripe bowl? :idunno:

OpIv37
02-14-2013, 08:45 AM
All of those guys are huge reaches at 8 with the possible exception of Barkely and that's even a bit high for him.

There really is no one available at 8 who will be worth the pick.

Nix has put us in a no-win situation by dicking around with the QB position for 3 years. Either we reach for one at 8 and risk setting the team back another 2-3 years or we address other holes and go into the season shaky at QB. Again.

Pick your poison but Nix can only blame himself.

better days
02-14-2013, 09:35 AM
All of those guys are huge reaches at 8 with the possible exception of Barkely and that's even a bit high for him.

There really is no one available at 8 who will be worth the pick.

Nix has put us in a no-win situation by dicking around with the QB position for 3 years. Either we reach for one at 8 and risk setting the team back another 2-3 years or we address other holes and go into the season shaky at QB. Again.

Pick your poison but Nix can only blame himself.

With the new CBA it is not like before. If a QB taken in the first does not pan out, you can take one again next year because you don't have a boatload of money tied up in him.

cookie G
02-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Its not like we haven't been reaching on the defensive side for nearly a decade.

The idea that it is somehow OK to reach on defense, but is a mortal sin to even consider reaching at QB...is baffling.

But for the reaching on defense, the QB stable could have been...

Cutler
Flacco
Freeman
Kaepernick

At the very least...the trade value of them would net us about 5 1st round picks.

If you're going to reach, reach for the most important position on the field.

OpIv37
02-14-2013, 10:10 AM
With the new CBA it is not like before. If a QB taken in the first does not pan out, you can take one again next year because you don't have a boatload of money tied up in him.

I was thinking in terms of wasted draft picks and not the cap. A big reason why this team has sucked for this entire century so far is poor first round draft picks who either flat out sucked or weren't with the team long: Mike Williams, McGahee, Lynch, McKelvin, McCargo, Maybin, Whitner....

When you have a **** season, you are granted the opportunity to get an elite player in the draft. When you fail to capitalize on that opportunity, you have more **** seasons. This team just still has too many holes and can't afford wasting this pick on someone who is not elite at their position.

Mr. Miyagi
02-14-2013, 11:29 AM

We have already taken this road to death. The question is however, assuming we DO take a QB at #8, which one would you prefer?

Night Train
02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
We have already taken this road to death. The question is however, assuming we DO take a QB at #8, which one would you prefer?

I prefer E.J. Manuel of Fla. St. in Round 2....and that may even be a reach. Has more upside than the rest. Far better athlete. Can run like the wind.

RedEyE
02-14-2013, 11:36 AM
I prefer E.J. Manuel of Fla. St. in Round 2....and that may even be a reach. Has more upside than the rest. Far better athlete. Can run like the wind.

Yep

better days
02-14-2013, 11:56 AM
I say we go BPA in this draft and then tank the season next year so that we can finally get a top end qb in the 2014 draft. It'll be easy, we just have to find a scrub QB with no arm and have him throw 40+ times a game. Keep spillers carries low, single digits(play the winded card). And stay in a Nickle defense all game while the other team brings in their power packages(no blitzing allowed, causing pressure might screw things up)...im a fricken genius.

Oh...and to answer your question...Geno.

Well, the Bills did pretty much that last year & still draft no higher than #8 because of the talent on the team.

Bill Cody
02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Its not like we haven't been reaching on the defensive side for nearly a decade.

The idea that it is somehow OK to reach on defense, but is a mortal sin to even consider reaching at QB...is baffling.

I thought JP Losman was a reach at the time. He was worse than I even thought he'd be and set us back 5 years.

Mr. Miyagi
02-14-2013, 03:36 PM
I thought JP Losman was a reach at the time. He was worse than I even thought he'd be and set us back 5 years.
I don't thnk Losman is as bad as the way he could've been if he had good coaching to develop him. Mularkey screwed him up big time.

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 03:40 PM
People forget Losman had a REALLY good sophomore season, was top-10 in redzone touchdown percentage.

The only problem is that Mularkey broke him just like he did Gabbert this year. He restrained him too much, go for the checkdown, never force one (which he never coached out of J.P. completely), do NOT turn the ball over, even if that means leaving plays on the field.

I think if Losman, or even Edwards, had gotten competent coaching from their rookie and sophomore years they could have at least been decent QB's. The first two years of a QB's career are key to seeing where they'll likely go, that vaunted "third year" is about turning the corner and either flaming out or reaching that potential.

Losman just flamed out.

And to the topic, Tyler Wilson. If he's there I pray we take him.

DesertFox24
02-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Look we are going def at 8 and then look for us to trade back into the bottom of the first round.

Nix said as much that we do not have as many holes as in previous years and he is more willing to move up or down.

This draft is loaded with front 7 talent so I would expect a front 7 player and then a QB with a bottom first round pick or we stand pat.

Mr. Miyagi
02-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Look we are going def at 8 and then look for us to trade back into the bottom of the first round.

Nix said as much that we do not have as many holes as in previous years and he is more willing to move up or down.

This draft is loaded with front 7 talent so I would expect a front 7 player and then a QB with a bottom first round pick or we stand pat.
I don't want to trade back into the first round because that means giving up our 1st rounder next year. Let's just take our favorite QB at #8 and be done with it. Why lose 2 picks for 1 guy?

cookie G
02-14-2013, 04:33 PM

Most thought he was a reach at the time.

A draft pick, including a QB, will only let you set a team by 5 years if you let them. This is especially true with a rookie cap.

The truth is, he set this team back no more than Whitner, McLovin, Maybin, Aarron Williams and the other reaches we've had trying to build the perfect little defense.

SABURZFAN
02-14-2013, 04:53 PM
I don't thnk Losman is as bad as the way he could've been if he had good coaching to develop him. Mularkey screwed him up big time.

if he was HALF as good as you Lickers think, he'd still be in the league carrying a clipboard.

DesertFox24
02-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Teams have not always given up next years first to move up to bottom of round 1 probably a 2 and a 4 to go to bottom.

You do not over draft because of position need in the top 10 you have to hit studs there.

better days
02-14-2013, 06:42 PM
People forget Losman had a REALLY good sophomore season, was top-10 in redzone touchdown percentage.

The only problem is that Mularkey broke him just like he did Gabbert this year. He restrained him too much, go for the checkdown, never force one (which he never coached out of J.P. completely), do NOT turn the ball over, even if that means leaving plays on the field.

I think if Losman, or even Edwards, had gotten competent coaching from their rookie and sophomore years they could have at least been decent QB's. The first two years of a QB's career are key to seeing where they'll likely go, that vaunted "third year" is about turning the corner and either flaming out or reaching that potential.

Losman just flamed out.

And to the topic, Tyler Wilson. If he's there I pray we take him.

It is ironic both Losman & Edwards had their careers ruined by injuries. Losman had his Career ruined by a CHEAP SHOT hit by Vince Wilfork that gave Trent his chance to replace him & Trent had his career ruined by a CLEAN HIT by Adrian Wilson that proved Trent is not tough enough to play in the NFL.

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 06:49 PM
I always will wonder what would have happened to Trent if he'd have had a full season to play every game and develop with his line, receivers, and the coaching staff. Especially knowing that he's the guy and not looking over his shoulder at Losman/Fitzpatrick/Brohm. Would have been interesting to watch to say the least.

Maybe we're not in the boat we're in now if he doesn't get shell shocked in his sophomore year.

Then again you could say the same for Losman and his situation too.

When we get our new QB he needs to know, as soon as he takes the starting job, it's his, and he never has to look over his shoulder. I think showing confidence in your guy is KEY to the early development.

better days
02-14-2013, 06:52 PM
I always will wonder what would have happened to Trent if he'd have had a full season to play every game and develop with his line, receivers, and the coaching staff. Especially knowing that he's the guy and not looking over his shoulder at Losman/Fitzpatrick/Brohm. Would have been interesting to watch to say the least.

Maybe we're not in the boat we're in now if he doesn't get shell shocked in his sophomore year.

And in the same respect, maybe we are not in the boat we are in if Wilfork did not CHEAP SHOT Losman. He had been playing well before that hit.

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Just edited my post to address that actually lol. And it's why I'll always hate Wilfork, mans just an arrogant ass who continually takes cheap shots at our players and gets away with it because he's a star on the Pats, and we're just the Buffalo Bills.

pmoon6
02-15-2013, 07:54 AM
There are no QB's worthy of the 8th pick. They are all developmental guys who will take time.

justasportsfan
02-15-2013, 08:15 AM
we're no longer drafting a qb. We just signed our franchise qb.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-sign-QB-Aaron-Corp-OL-Hutch-Eckerson/436b31cb-6f74-42a9-b170-9a1c3aaba85f

better days
02-15-2013, 08:21 AM
There are no QB's worthy of the 8th pick. They are all developmental guys who will take time.

SO WHAT if they take some time to develop? As long as the QB the Bills draft does develop into a FRANCHISE QB, he is worth the #8 pick without a doubt.

better days
02-15-2013, 08:22 AM
we're no longer drafting a qb. We just signed our franchise qb.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-sign-QB-Aaron-Corp-OL-Hutch-Eckerson/436b31cb-6f74-42a9-b170-9a1c3aaba85f

Well, it looks like Thigpen is out.

Mr. Miyagi
02-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Thank goodness its about time!!

The Jokeman
02-15-2013, 09:40 AM

and wouldn't it be ironic if Corp gets hurt again and is ultimately replaced by Barkley here too.

fluteflakes
02-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Corp is a camp arm, just like he was last year.

Bill Cody
02-15-2013, 12:02 PM
And in the same respect, maybe we are not in the boat we are in if Wilfork did not CHEAP SHOT Losman. He had been playing well before that hit.

:bs:

fluteflakes
02-15-2013, 12:11 PM
In 06', his first full year starting, he had 19TD's and 14INT's, and was the 11th best passer in the NFL. He had a top 10 redzone TD percentage, and showcased and ability to lead clutch drives by beating the Texans and the Jags in the 4th quarter.

He's a bust, but in 06' he clearly showcased his skill and poise. He could just never get much better and we drafted Edwards because Marv wanted "His guy" and J.P. had his knee sprain and gave cagey D!ck the chance to put in Edwards and sap all the confidence Losman had.

He was never great, but for a season, he was pretty good.

Bill Cody
02-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Most thought he was a reach at the time.

A draft pick, including a QB, will only let you set a team by 5 years if you let them. This is especially true with a rookie cap.

The truth is, he set this team back no more than Whitner, McLovin, Maybin, Aarron Williams and the other reaches we've had trying to build the perfect little defense.

There wasn't a rookie cap then. And when you invest a 1st, 2nd and 5th on a player you're going to try really hard to make it work. Drafting Losman started a free fall for this team. I would argue we've never recovered. Tom Donahoe had built a decent team but he failed in an epic way to build an O-line. Instead of fixing that he drafted Losman and released Bledsoe. That cost him his job and some of the drafting errors that followed were the end result, domino effect. The QB is NOT just another player. I'm not minimizing the dreadful drafting but the others are not equal to that swing and miss IMHO.

The Jokeman
02-15-2013, 01:09 PM
There wasn't a rookie cap then. And when you invest a 1st, 2nd and 5th on a player you're going to try really hard to make it work. Drafting Losman started a free fall for this team. I would argue we've never recovered. Tom Donahoe had built a decent team but he failed in an epic way to build an O-line. Instead of fixing that he drafted Losman and released Bledsoe. That cost him his job and some of the drafting errors that followed were the end result, domino effect. The QB is NOT just another player. I'm not minimizing the dreadful drafting but the others are not equal to that swing and miss IMHO.

The Bills have been in free fall since taking Todd Collins instead RJ in the 2nd Round of 1995. I know many will argue but think about it, if we take RJ in 1995 we would have learned sooner just how bad/good he was and would have never have to trade for him four years later etc. It's not that crazy as leading up to that draft I know there was a lot of speculation the Jaguars might have taken sooner had then not acquired Marc Brunell from the Packers.

ublinkwescore
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
trade down and take ej manuel...

Bill Cody
02-16-2013, 10:15 AM
trade down and take ej manuel...

Manuel will be there in rd 2 if you want him. He's an interesting prospect but he is nowhere close to being NFL ready. Probably won't be for at least a year in the pros maybe 2.

Bill Cody
02-16-2013, 10:17 AM
The Bills have been in free fall since taking Todd Collins instead RJ in the 2nd Round of 1995. I know many will argue but think about it, if we take RJ in 1995 we would have learned sooner just how bad/good he was and would have never have to trade for him four years later etc. It's not that crazy as leading up to that draft I know there was a lot of speculation the Jaguars might have taken sooner had then not acquired Marc Brunell from the Packers.

You want to go that direction it's been kind of a downer since Norwood missed the kick

jbisset
02-17-2013, 12:13 PM
With the 8th pick, we need to get a player that will be at least a 3 times pro bowl player. The quickest way to stay out of the playoff and super bowl is to pick the wrong QB. We need a franchise QB – another Jim not another Losman or Collins. Another Losman or Collins will put us back another 6 years. I do not know if next year there will be a good draft year for QBs. We may need to wait another 2 years. Let’s build a team so we have a team when we do get a franchise QB. We need and are due for another run like those given to us by Kelly and crew.
If we do draft a QB; please be a strong arm QB. We need someone that can throw in Nov., Dec and Jan. at home in the wind.

stuckincincy
02-17-2013, 12:59 PM
With the 8th pick, we need to get a player that will be at least a 3 times pro bowl player. The quickest way to stay out of the playoff and super bowl is to pick the wrong QB. We need a franchise QB – another Jim not another Losman or Collins. Another Losman or Collins will put us back another 6 years. I do not know if next year there will be a good draft year for QBs. We may need to wait another 2 years. Let’s build a team so we have a team when we do get a franchise QB. We need and are due for another run like those given to us by Kelly and crew.
If we do draft a QB; please be a strong arm QB. We need someone that can throw in Nov., Dec and Jan. at home in the wind.

2nd round qb - perhaps trade someway with CIN for their early 2nd rnd pick that they got with the Palmer trade. That bumps them above a few clubs in the qb hunt, AFAIK.

I'm not a disciple of the Buffalo late season weather hypothesis and the strong-armed qb. In the past 10 seasons, BUF is 34 - 55 in November and December; 11 and 27 in December. That's with sometimes playing teams out of playoff contention in December, or those that are in but wisely empty their bench.

better days
02-18-2013, 05:16 AM

The quickest way to stay out of the playoffs is to not draft a QB that could have led the Bills there. It is highly doubtful any QB on the Bills roster now will ever get the Bills into the playoffs even if they draft a guy at #8 that makes the probowl 3 times at any position other than QB.

I agree the QB they draft needs a strong arm.

DraftBoy
02-18-2013, 06:57 AM
Wilson or Barkley.

Which means they will look at Nassib and the stud qb from SW Central Idaho St. that nobody has heard of to take and "develop".

Not one "nobody" has ever heard of.

The school is Idaho State not SW Central Idaho St and their draft eligible QB's name is Kevin Yost.

better days
02-18-2013, 09:11 AM

Well, you are right about ONE thing. The QB is NOT just another player..........................which is why QBS are OVERDRAFTED.

k-oneputt
02-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Not one "nobody" has ever heard of.

The school is Idaho State not SW Central Idaho St and their draft eligible QB's name is Kevin Yost.

I'm sure he would have been on the Bills draft list.
Since they were so good at finding the "diamonds in the rough" from the small schools.

Good news is we have new scouts and front office so I'm hoping we don't use half of our drafts on these bums.

k-oneputt
02-18-2013, 09:44 AM
If they take Nassib at #8 I will know we are screwed again.

better days
02-18-2013, 12:22 PM
If they take Nassib at #8 I will know we are screwed again.

If the Bills don't draft a QB somewhere in the FIRST Rnd I will know we are screwed again.

DraftBoy
02-18-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm sure he would have been on the Bills draft list.
Since they were so good at finding the "diamonds in the rough" from the small schools.

Good news is we have new scouts and front office so I'm hoping we don't use half of our drafts on these bums.

Would have been? He's eligible this year.

And we don't have new scouts or a new front office. We have close to the same scouting staff that we've had since Nix took over.

k-oneputt
02-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Would have been? He's eligible this year.

And we don't have new scouts or a new front office. We have close to the same scouting staff that we've had since Nix took over.

We don't ? Are the guys who drafted the underside safety, linebacker, and the small college wonders still here ??????

fluteflakes
02-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Kevin Yost is seen as a solid late round developmental prospect... seriously, what are you getting your knickers in a twist about?

If we draft him, that's a MONUMENTAL if, it wouldn't be till the later rounds, and it wouldn't be unless the staff and the FO think he's got the potential to develop into something.

After round 4 the draft isn't much more than an educated crap shoot anyway.

DraftBoy
02-18-2013, 05:35 PM
We don't ? Are the guys who drafted the underside safety, linebacker, and the small college wonders still here ??????

You don't have any idea who are scouts are or were do you?

- - - Updated - - -

Kevin Yost is seen as a solid late round developmental prospect... seriously, what are you getting your knickers in a twist about?

If we draft him, that's a MONUMENTAL if, it wouldn't be till the later rounds, and it wouldn't be unless the staff and the FO think he's got the potential to develop into something.

After round 4 the draft isn't much more than an educated crap shoot anyway.

He hates all players not from the SEC, its his thing.

k-oneputt
02-19-2013, 07:34 AM
If these are the same wonder scouts who brought us all the small school gems, Whitner over Ngata, Maybin, McKelvin, and the qb prospects....then yes we are still screwed then because they are clueless.

k-oneputt
02-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Seriously, Kevin Yost. I thought Sorenson was this years Enderle.
Doesn't Troy have a qb we can draft and develop again. LOL.

better days
02-19-2013, 07:38 AM
If these are the same wonder scouts who brought us all the small school gems, Whitner over Ngata, Maybin, McKelvin, and the qb prospects....then yes we are still screwed then because they are clueless.

That was not the scouts doing, it was Jaurons. And since Nix was hired, he has revamped the entire scouting dept.

k-oneputt
02-19-2013, 07:39 AM
I know Modrak is gone, Jauron, and Levy also..so that's a plus in any scouting dept.

k-oneputt
02-19-2013, 07:42 AM
We have six picks this year and we have to make them count.

I want a legit qb and I don't want to see any stupid assine picks from somewhere in a directional in Idaho.

better days
02-19-2013, 07:46 AM
We have six picks this year and we have to make them count.

I want a legit qb and I don't want to see any stupid assine picks from somewhere in a directional in Idaho.

I agree the Bills need to make their picks count, but they have only lost a 7th rnd pick in the trade to Seattle, it is not like they gave up a 2nd or a 3rd.

k-oneputt
02-19-2013, 07:51 AM
1-6 and T. Jackson will be our draft.

Really please tell me who the last small school player we drafted that was any good.

Terrence McGee 10 yrs ago ??? And he was an average cb, and that was when he wasn't hurt.

I want at least one qb early and I wouldn't even mind a second qb later.

Mr. Miyagi
02-19-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm no Mike Mayock but I'm callling it Ryan Nassib at 8 right now. That's my guess.

Before any of you draft experts jump on me, I know it's a reach and no QB is worth the first round this year blah blah blah. The fact is we're in dire need of a franchise QB and Nassib fits our need, and we're going to reach to get him if we need to.

STFU about the "BPA and not need position" stuff. This is just what's gonna happen.

better days
02-19-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm no Mike Mayock but I'm callling it Ryan Nassib at 8 right now. That's my guess.

Before any of you draft experts jump on me, I know it's a reach and no QB is worth the first round this year blah blah blah. The fact is we're in dire need of a franchise QB and Nassib fits our need, and we're going to reach to get him if we need to.

STFU about the "BPA and not need position" stuff. This is just what's gonna happen.

If the Bills draft a QB at #8, they should have plenty of options. If they think Nassib is the best QB prospect available, I'm fine with that.

lmcshadow
02-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Once one team take a QB earley its going to start a ripple effect just like 2yr ago with ponder and Locker. thats going to cause everyone in need of a qb to jump fast and scrap the 2nd round

better days
02-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Once one team take a QB earley its going to start a ripple effect just like 2yr ago with ponder and Locker. thats going to cause everyone in need of a qb to jump fast and scrap the 2nd round

My thoughts exactly. If the Bills have 2 or 3 guys as fairly even & no QB is picked before #8 they could trade down a little & still get one of the QBs they targeted.

However if 1 or 2 QBs are already off the board when the Bills pick or if none are off the board but the Bills have one guy rated much higher they should pick one at #8.

In any event, I don't think they should wait until the 2nd rnd because all the GOOD QBs will be gone by then.

Kenny
02-19-2013, 02:05 PM
No... just no.

While I dont think Fitz is the answer, I do think he's a better option than any Rd1 QB not named Geno Smith. If you want to gamble with a R3 or R2 pick on a QB, go ahead. But #8 overall shouldnt be a QB unless Geno Smith falls.

Why not fix up the defense and let them carry us? On paper, our DL is stellar, and our secondary isnt too bad (so long as we resign Byrd). We need to fix up our LB corps, but that can and should be done via FA (dreaming of Ellerby, Kruger, or Johnson) or the draft. Can you imagine what our defense would look like if we got Mingo, Jones, Ogletree or even Milliner?

And on that SF QB... I hear a lot of posts saying we should go after Alex Smith... but is he any better than Fitz? Do you guys remember what he looked like before Harbaugh came to happy town? Do you really think he would have done much better than Fitz with our previous coaching regime?

better days
02-19-2013, 02:24 PM
No... just no.

While I dont think Fitz is the answer, I do think he's a better option than any Rd1 QB not named Geno Smith. If you want to gamble with a R3 or R2 pick on a QB, go ahead. But #8 overall shouldnt be a QB unless Geno Smith falls.

Why not fix up the defense and let them carry us? On paper, our DL is stellar, and our secondary isnt too bad (so long as we resign Byrd). We need to fix up our LB corps, but that can and should be done via FA (dreaming of Ellerby, Kruger, or Johnson) or the draft. Can you imagine what our defense would look like if we got Mingo, Jones, Ogletree or even Milliner?

And on that SF QB... I hear a lot of posts saying we should go after Alex Smith... but is he any better than Fitz? Do you guys remember what he looked like before Harbaugh came to happy town? Do you really think he would have done much better than Fitz with our previous coaching regime?

Well, I disagree, I don't think Fitz is better than a QB the Bills could draft. Even Glennon or Nassib are more accurate than Fitz.