• Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

thoughts on FLacco - Peter King quote

from his monday article and a tweet I saw this morning:

"
    Cleveland's not the only team that could be interested. Ralph Wilson would write the check tomorrow for Flacco to come to Buffalo, draft picks be damned. The Bills are only $14.2 million under the cap, so they'd have to maneuver a few pricey contracts. But the Bills would have to think long and hard about Flacco. Cleveland, with its available riches, would be the best candidate.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2Ksi74su3

What do you all think? giving up the 8th pick for flacco and next year's first. Was flacco that good? at first i hated the idea. thinking more about it, we can cut kelsay at get an additional 5 in capspace. flacco while not always lights out has been pretty reliable to be decent. better than what we got and frankly better than what we can get out of the draft with certainty.

the d has to get better and they might be getting close with the right defensive mind and knowing they don't really have to draft much else for OL.

The issue to me is that flacco's second half performances in the playoffs were not so good. he made a couple throws, but was largely invisible. he connected on a miracle throw in denver because of poor coverage. he connected on 2 or three passes to ice the 9ers game, but essentially watched the game wither away from under him. the game was essentially iced because of a punt, not a conversion. That makes me worried. he'd be great to have, but not worth picks in my mind.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: thoughts on FLacco - Peter King quote

He's not leaving Baltimore. I think he's the center piece that want their offense to be built around, they will find a way to pay him.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by The King View Post
      He's not leaving Baltimore. I think he's the center piece that want their offense to be built around, they will find a way to pay him.
      I thought that as well but the Ravens are $5 Million over the cap as of last Friday, without paying Flacco a dime. ~$20 Million over the cap ($14.6 Ex tag) will not be allowed until they had the room. Baltimore would have to slash & burn everyone before they could sign anything with Joe, painfully quick.
      Last edited by Skooby; 02-14-2013, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• mjt328
        • May 2011

Draft picks are risky. Those picks could net us a QB better than Flacco. They could net us someone like Blaine Gabbert or Mark Sanchez.

Flacco, although not elite, is a proven commodity. He's certainly capable of leading a team to the Super Bowl and winning it - as we just saw.

I would make the trade.
        2013 "My Should Have" Draft
        Posted During the 2013 Draft
        1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
        2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
        2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
        3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
        4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
        5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
        6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
        7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
        1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
        2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
        2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
        3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
        4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
        5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
        6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
        7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post
          Draft picks are risky. Those picks could net us a QB better than Flacco. They could net us someone like Blaine Gabbert or Mark Sanchez.

Flacco, although not elite, is a proven commodity. He's certainly capable of leading a team to the Super Bowl and winning it - as we just saw.

I would make the trade.
          In a heartbeat.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

It's not gonna happen. It's highly unlikely that Baltimore lets him go, and if they do, it won't be to us.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

You have to ask first if whether he's a qb that Marrone and Hackett are looking for to run up tempo/no-huddle/k-gun system. Kelly was just as flat footed if not worse than Flacco but I'm almost sure that both Marrone would like a more mobile qb. Just guessing here.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• fluteflakes
                • Jan 2013

Ozzy is a good cap guy on top of being a good drafter or talent. They'll cut some pieces and make it work, no way in hell they don't.

But it's a nice pipe dream.

Comment

• Mski
                  • Mar 2006

I really hope the Bills make him the highest paid QB in team history. he is the guy i wanted the year he came out, and well worth every penny.... imagine tj and stevie when a qb can throw a deep ball

- - - Updated - - -

or spiller when teams cant put 9 in the box
                  RIP Tommy D!
                  12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mski View Post
                    I really hope the Bills make him the highest paid QB in team history. he is the guy i wanted the year he came out, and well worth every penny.... imagine tj and stevie when a qb can throw a deep ball

- - - Updated - - -

or spiller when teams cant put 9 in the box
                    How many more games would we win with the ability to throw the long ball ??

Comment

• PTI
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

I don't see how it is even worth talking about, no way they let him go. He is nothing like Dilfer who never took another snap as the last Ravens Super Bowl QB.

Comment

• Mski
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        How many more games would we win with the ability to throw the long ball ??
                        that really depends on the defense, but getting someone young and proven at the peak of their career at that position would stablize this franchise for the next 7-10 years, and allow the FO to really focus on fixing out D
                        RIP Tommy D!
                        12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

that really depends on the defense, but getting someone young and proven at the peak of their career at that position would stablize this franchise for the next 7-10 years, and allow the FO to really focus on fixing out D
                          Heaven forbid us winning a game or two more as well.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Fixing our D.

That phrase just disgusts me.

We used a top 15 draft pick on D in 3 of the last 4 drafts and got the best defensive FA available last year but we still need to fix the D.

If that doesn't underscore the utter incompetence of this FO, nothing will.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Ravens will franchise Flacco while continuing negotiations. They are losing too much already to let him walk. Hope I'm wrong but I think it's a pipe dream.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X