02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
per text

Pinkerton Security
02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
per V-text. Its about time.

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Thank God.

Too slow, bad hips, no recovery, ball skills minimized, wrong side of 30.

Why we even had him on the roster for this long when he couldn't even return kicks anymore baffles me.

Lets make a play for Sean Smith, always liked him even if he was a phish.

OpIv37
02-14-2013, 02:46 PM
It was time to let him go. He'll it was probably at least a year too late.

But just like LB and S, this leaves us short on bodies, so I really hope the FO has a plan to replace him with someone better or at least equal.

Skooby
02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
More cap space for Flacco, lol.

G Wolly
02-14-2013, 02:50 PM
As Op said, this is at least a year overdue.

Releasing Barnett, Wilson, and now McGee shows promise in the new staff that they aren't afraid to remove the old pieces in order to replace them with fresher parts.

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
It shouldn't be hard to replace him with someone who's at least as good as him.

Hell I think Marcus Trufant could be at least what he was.

And that's not an endorsement of Trufant.

Mr. Miyagi
02-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Really liked him in his prime. But I completely forgot he's still on the team.

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Also in the news we re-signed QB Aaron Corp to a future contract as a camp arm again.

Think he was a camp arm last year too.

Jeff1220
02-14-2013, 02:55 PM
McGee wasn't that bad. But he has definitely gotten old and is pretty much done. The biggest issue with McGee was that he always had a bit of the injury bug, which became much more frequent the older he got.

djjimkelly
02-14-2013, 02:58 PM
mcgee was a very solid player during an era of poor bills football

but age catches up with everyone gl terrence you were a solid buffalo bill

Pinkerton Security
02-14-2013, 03:01 PM
I remember I wanted a McGee jersey when he was all sorts of returning kickoffs for TDs...while Im glad I didnt, he was a solid player for us for a good amount of time. He just couldnt stay healthy. Could this possibly pave the way for a more concerted effort to re-sign Leodis?

mjt328
02-14-2013, 03:04 PM
He was a very good cornerback earlier in his career - before the injuries took their toll.

Unfortunately, he hasn't really done anything for us in 3-4 years. Most of the time, I forgot he was even on the team.

mikemac2001
02-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Solid Bill

injuries took there toll he had some entertaining plays tho

JoeMama
02-14-2013, 03:38 PM
I don't find this move particularly surprising given Terrence McGee's vast array of injury problems in recent years.

Still there's a loyal, sentimental part of me that's sad to see him go.

Remember when he was an electric, probowl caliber kick returner? It seems like a lifetime ago.

bf1
02-14-2013, 03:43 PM
I really liked the guy, but he wasn't contributing the last few years.

DynaPaul
02-14-2013, 03:45 PM
We should have kept Jabari Greer instead of him.

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 03:45 PM
I don't find this move particularly surprising given Terrence McGee's vast array of injury problems in recent years.

Still there's a loyal, sentimental part of me that's sad to see him go.

Remember when he was an electric, probowl caliber kick returner? It seems like a lifetime ago.

I have his Jersey.

Shame he always got hurt.

1t. Leon Washington (8)
1t. Josh Cribbs (8)
3t. Gale Sayers (6)
3t. Ollie Matson (6)
3t. Mel Gray (6)
3t. Dante Hall (6)
3t. Travis Williams (6)
8t. Terrence McGee (5)
8t. Bobby Mitchell (5)
8t. Devin Hester (5)
8t. Michael Bates (5)
8t. Timmy Brown (5)
8t. Percy Harvin (5)
8t. Justin Miller (5)
8t. Allen Rossum (5)

That's his place on the all time Kick-off return TD's list. In his prime there was none better in the NFL.

k-oneputt
02-14-2013, 03:55 PM
About time.

When does Kelsay and Fitz go

YardRat
02-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Best of luck to him.

trapezeus
02-14-2013, 04:21 PM
this all nicely sets us up for a CB with the 8th pick. get ready folks. get ready!

ServoBillieves
02-14-2013, 05:12 PM
DP - we all know that.

K-1 - nobody cares what you think. "When "do" Kelsay and Fitz(patrick) depart" would be the intelligent response. Have a treat.

Everyone else. Thank you. It's guys like T-McGee that deserve a proper send off. It proves that there are fans out there that truly understand talent and dedication when it comes to the organization. Terrence was a great player until the injuries. Even after the injuries, he was better than half the corners in the league no matter what option (1st, 2nd, nickel, dime) and an above average returner.

more cowbell
02-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately I think his career is over. Definitely was always a fan of the guy...unfortunate that injuries causes his decline

k-oneputt
02-14-2013, 06:40 PM
DP - we all know that.

K-1 - nobody cares what you think. "When "do" Kelsay and Fitz(patrick) depart" would be the intelligent response. Have a treat.

Everyone else. Thank you. It's guys like T-McGee that deserve a proper send off. It proves that there are fans out there that truly understand talent and dedication when it comes to the organization. Terrence was a great player until the injuries. Even after the injuries, he was better than half the corners in the league no matter what option (1st, 2nd, nickel, dime) and an above average returner.

Obviously you do.
Thanks for being a grammar hero on a web site you clueless loser.
Sorry this is professional football, they get paid, and when it is time to go so be it.
He should be happy they kept him around last season to steal paychecks.

better days
02-14-2013, 06:45 PM

But just like LB and S, this leaves us short on bodies, so I really hope the FO has a plan to replace him with someone better or at least equal.

Short on Bodies? All McGee did was take up a roster spot last year. He did not provide a body or anything else.

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 06:46 PM
I respect Terrance for being a solid/good player when we were just terrible.

But you can find a LOT of guys that could have more than 2 PD's and 6 solo tackles.

A lot.

better days
02-14-2013, 06:48 PM
this all nicely sets us up for a CB with the 8th pick. get ready folks. get ready!

If the Bills do not take a QB at #8, a GREAT CB would be as good as any other position they could draft.

fluteflakes
02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Dee Millner is a stud. But I'm not sure he falls to us. After him it's mostly just guys who are on Gilmore's level as prospects.

Bert102176
02-14-2013, 07:03 PM

Since get hasn't really played in a couple of years cause of injuries if we replace him with anyone that even plays we upgraded over him lol

better days
02-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Dee Millner is a stud. But I'm not sure he falls to us. After him it's mostly just guys who are on Gilmore's level as prospects.

Well, I am pretty happy with Gilmore myself. If Millner or any other CB the Bills draft play at his level, I will be happy.

Bert102176
02-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Kelsey, fitzpatrick, Anderson, and Lindell all have to go yet

BADTHINGSMAN
02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Really liked him in his prime. But I completely forgot he's still on the team.

Ditto!

coastal
02-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Kelsay next please.

ServoBillieves
02-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Kelsay next please.

We'll get the "He's a locker room hero/leader" BS that we always have... he's a benign tumor with teeth and a little bit of hair that won't go away.

Crisis
02-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Kelsey, fitzpatrick, Anderson, and Lindell all have to go yet

Lindell is the least of our problems.

Jan Reimers
02-15-2013, 05:18 AM
About time.

When does Kelsay and Fitz go
...and Brad Smith, if we're going to release, or at least restructure, our most overpaid/under-performing guys.

gr8slayer
02-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Loving the youth movement.

Night Train
02-15-2013, 06:04 AM
Best wishes to McGee.

Before injuries, the guy was money at CB and as a kick returner.

The roster purging continues.

better days
02-15-2013, 06:14 AM
Best wishes to McGee.

Before injuries, the guy was money at CB and as a kick returner.

The roster purging continues.

That was so LONG ago, one forgets. Seems McGee was ALWAYS injured.

TacklingDummy
02-15-2013, 07:04 AM
On the business side of football, this move is about 4-5 years too late.

tampabay25690
02-15-2013, 07:10 AM

Thats what I have in my mock draft 2 weeks ago.
Dee Milliner, CB

School: Alabama | Conference: SEC
College Experience: Junior | Hometown: Millbrook, AL

tampabay25690
02-15-2013, 07:11 AM

Im with you on this.
I dont know if he falls to us either but Would luv to have him and Gilmore as are CB'S.

trapezeus
02-15-2013, 07:17 AM
i'm over CB drafts. get a leader at LB and keep the pash rush up, and even mid level struggling CB's start to look good.

picking these cb's is part of the problem on why we've sucked as long as we have.

as for TG, i liked him. i was stunned was he was signed two years ago. i thought he was done then. i feel bad for him because his injuries always seemed to be the same leg which just means he has a lot of arthritis and pain to look forward to. i wish him the best

TigerJ
02-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Not surprising. He was good at one time, but the injuries have piled up on him.

TigerJ
02-15-2013, 09:45 AM
I think the bills will make a strong effort to re-sign Leodis McKelvin. He's looking for the opportunity to start, and get paid like it. I don't know if the Bills are ready to make those promises thouogh.

warsawbassman
02-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Very under-rated, but solid DB 2004-2009, best KR in the NFL 2004-2007, one of my favorite Bills in an other wise forgetable era. Last few years have not been kind to him injury wise, but when he was on the field, was still probably the best tackler of all the DB's on the roster, even if his coverage skills had faded. Thanks and good luck in the future Terrence.

Bert102176
02-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Lindell is the least of our problems.

Obviously people don't trust him kicking with the way last year went.

trapezeus
02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
lindell has sucked for the majority of his buffalo existence. Three coaches that don't trust him? yet extended a bunch of times. Never kicks over 40 yards. There was one year the year before last where he was actually consistent and called upon for anything. but aside from that he's like 50/50 on clutch kicks. he can't reliably hit anything over 40 yards. The only reason it wasn't such a big deal is because when you are getting the crap kicked out of you, you don't care whether the kicker makes or misses a meaningless kick. if we had games where it came down to the last kick from 40-51 yards, i don't trust him.

And if you don't trust, what' the point in paying him 3MM a year? The bills will suck again next year...take the rookie kicker and build him up.

better days
02-15-2013, 11:59 AM
lindell has sucked for the majority of his buffalo existence. Three coaches that don't trust him? yet extended a bunch of times. Never kicks over 40 yards. There was one year the year before last where he was actually consistent and called upon for anything. but aside from that he's like 50/50 on clutch kicks. he can't reliably hit anything over 40 yards. The only reason it wasn't such a big deal is because when you are getting the crap kicked out of you, you don't care whether the kicker makes or misses a meaningless kick. if we had games where it came down to the last kick from 40-51 yards, i don't trust him.

And if you don't trust, what' the point in paying him 3MM a year? The bills will suck again next year...take the rookie kicker and build him up.

And aside from that, he RARELY kicks the ball into the endzone on kickoffs.

YardRat
02-15-2013, 06:24 PM
McGee was a fourth round pick I believe, just in case anybody was interested.