View Full Version : QB Jackson Resigned

Bills Juggernaut
02-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Wow, per vtext..............

Not sure what to think.

BLeonard
02-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Just got the text...

I said that the reason he might not have played last season was so that they could re-sign him and try to pass him off as the starter this year... I hope not, but would not surprise me.

-Bill

ZAZusmc03
02-15-2013, 10:50 AM
I think he'll be a good back-up in Marrone's system.

coastal
02-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Solid move IMO and very well could be our starter next year.

cut Lindell, Kelsay and Smith and let the purge continue.

Pinkerton Security
02-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Happy about this, with a stipulation...this better not be all we do to address the current QB situation.

Night Train
02-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Signed another UFA yesterday in Aaron Corp, then T. Jackson today.

Both are very mobile, unlike Fitz.

I think I see where the profile is going for our future QB.

venis2k1
02-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Im so glad it wasnt Thigpen.

DBrown77
02-15-2013, 11:00 AM
There's not really any better choices out there.

Bert102176
02-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Solid move IMO and very well could be our starter next year.

cut Lindell, Kelsay and Smith and let the purge continue.

-
Need to cut Mark Anderson also did nothing while healthy.

better days
02-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Happy about this, with a stipulation...this better not be all we do to address the current QB situation.

Well, a number of people want to draft a scrub QB in the 2nd or 3rd rnd as well.

better days
02-15-2013, 11:11 AM
-

Well, he might do much better in Pettine's system.

better days
02-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Just got the text...

I said that the reason he might not have played last season was so that they could re-sign him and try to pass him off as the starter this year... I hope not, but would not surprise me.

-Bill

He was playing well in Seattle a couple years ago before getting injured, he played through his injury although not very well.

Thurmal
02-15-2013, 11:19 AM
I guarantee he is the Week One starter...Go Bills!

Thurmal
02-15-2013, 11:19 AM
There is your Week One starter. Awesome.

trapezeus
02-15-2013, 11:24 AM
last season, i kept asking for Tjax to play, so that we'd know what we have. i knew they'd do this. Tell us, now he has a full season, he'll be the answer. Fitz probably disagreed to restructure and this is the "we'll cut you" showing.

this angers me only because we don't even know if he's a worthy back up. and this could potentially be the "he's your day 1 starter."

i just don't get the change that russ talked about. this seemsm very standard buffalo bills move.

trapezeus
02-15-2013, 11:26 AM
if he never got the chan gailey system in 18 weeks, i'm skeptical that he's going to get the new marrone system.

X-Era
02-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Hopefully this is the prelude to a Fitz release... Just needed the vet insurance plan for the rookie QB.

better days
02-15-2013, 11:34 AM
last season, i kept asking for Tjax to play, so that we'd know what we have. i knew they'd do this. Tell us, now he has a full season, he'll be the answer. Fitz probably disagreed to restructure and this is the "we'll cut you" showing.

this angers me only because we don't even know if he's a worthy back up. and this could potentially be the "he's your day 1 starter."

i just don't get the change that russ talked about. this seemsm very standard buffalo bills move.

Chan should have turned the ball over to TJax last year when Fitz showed he was not taking the Bills anywhere. TJax played well in Seattle before getting injured.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-15-2013, 11:36 AM

That is exactly what I called the nightmare scenario. Fitz implodes, Jackson gets no playtime, and now he's potentially being pitched as our QB option. If he plays 6 marginal games and gets a contract extension I'm gonna start punching babies.

coastal
02-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Matt Scott is a perfect developmental kid for his backup

trapezeus
02-15-2013, 11:45 AM
That is exactly what I called the nightmare scenario. Fitz implodes, Jackson gets no playtime, and now he's potentially being pitched as our QB option. If he plays 6 marginal games and gets a contract extension I'm gonna start punching babies.

and watch him go 5-1 but lose to the patriots when he signs the extension. The most cynical side of me says, "this is going to play out like the last 3 years the last 4 times its happened." how much more russ do we need? it's like Lindy and Russ are long lost pals and somehow formed together to create chris kelsay.

EDS
02-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Jackson is at best a marginal journeyman starter. At least he will presumably be cheaper than Fitz.

MidnightVoice
02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139525/article/jackson-fitzpatrick-to-compete-for-buffalo-bills-qb-job

While that transaction is hardly earth-shattering news, head coach Doug Marrone's accompanying quotes certainly registered on the Richter scale.

"I spoke with Ryan (Fitzpatrick) and Tarvaris (Jackson) and told them we will have an open competition at the quarterback position," Marrone said, "similar to what we will do at all positions on our team heading into our offseason work."

It may not be that cut and dry, however. Having already received $21 million of the six-year, $62 million contract signed during the 2011 season, Fitzpatrick is due a $3 million roster bonus in March. It will actually cost the Bills more money against the cap to retain Fitzpatrick than to release him. If he is not amenable to a pay cut, Jackson may have no veteran competition after all.

trapezeus
02-15-2013, 11:50 AM
i hope to god we don't see a competition for starter between those two. if its a lord of the flies, see who gets to stay as back up, i'm fine with. if it's for starter with no other person, i'm very scared about next season.

fluteflakes
02-15-2013, 11:53 AM
He can't throw left.

Not a bad signing though, 4.5 mil, incentive laden contract I'm sure. He's a stop gap guy and tbh he's not a bad one.

Ed
02-15-2013, 11:54 AM
-
Do you realize that the Bills would have to take a bigger cap hit to cut Anderson than to keep him on the team? The guy was out with a knee injury for most of the season and I think it's fair to say that our entire defense basically did nothing for the first half of the year.

DraftBoy
02-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Love it!

Crisis
02-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Is he going to learn the new playbook in time for training camp?

fluteflakes
02-15-2013, 12:15 PM
I more think the "He didn't know the playbook" thing was Chans excuse for sticking with "his guy" in fitzy.

Bill Cody
02-15-2013, 12:31 PM
as long as we release Fitz I'm fine with this. Doesn't change anything. We still need a QB.

fluteflakes
02-15-2013, 12:35 PM
If anything I think this amplifies the fact that we're going to draft a QB, everybody knows T-Jax isn't the answer, but he IS a guy you can sit behind for a bit and learn the game while he plays, and plays relatively well.

streetkings01
02-15-2013, 12:36 PM
#1 - Barkley
#2 - Jackson
#3 - Corp

I'm ok with that

fluteflakes
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
How many times do I have to say that Corp is a CAMP ARM. lol

We;ll bring in another third guy unless he just WOWS the new staff, here's to hoping he's the next Kurt Warner! Or we might just roll through the season with only two on the roster (god willing we cut Fitzy NOW to save what little cap space we can).

Michael82
02-15-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm fine with this, as long as Fitz is let go and they still draft a QB high.

mikemac2001
02-15-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm fine with this, as long as Fitz is let go and they still draft a QB high.

Cutting fitz might save us 0 if he stays atleast we get a decent option ....id rather he restructures

fluteflakes
02-15-2013, 01:00 PM
We have to cut him before march to keep him from getting his roster bonus and saving ANY sort of cap room (it's less than a mil IIRC).

jimmifli
02-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Chan and Buddy had different ideas at QB. Chan wanted someone like Fitz with a better arm and Buddy never delivered.

Buddy clearly prefers mobile QBs. The reason that Jackson never saw the field was because he's not the kind of QB Chan wanted. Any "experience" in Chan's system would be mostly pointless anyway.

I don't put much stock in the "couldn't learn the playbook" excuse. If Chan can teach Kordell Stewart a playbook, he could teach TJ no problem. He just didn't want to.

ServoBillieves
02-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Bert - Anderson was injured, get over ir.
Corp isn't the answer at QB, so... glad we signed Gibran Hamdan.
"All the scrubs" in this QB draft, please tell that to Russell Wilson and also get a job as a scout. You apparently know better than trained pros.
EDS: Please put the pipe down. The man has done nothing but perform in positions where he was set up for failure. 2 great running backs with 0 receivers. Please fight me on this because I have a full weekend off.

Am I happy we re-signed him. Maybe is my answer, because I don't get it. You trade a pick, and I don't care if it's a 237th round pick, it's still a pick, and he sits undressed the entire year. There is something in the contract that Ralph and whoever hid and wanted us to just put a .44 in our mouth because this franchise won't ****ing answer questions or explain to the fans what's going on. Fitz was found out, to be the stereotype white QB who could somewhat run and throw medium routes. "Git 'im a defense!"

I'm glad he was brought on, I'm glad he was signed, but I won't be happy until he steps foot on to RWS without a t-shirt on.

fluteflakes
02-15-2013, 01:42 PM
It really shouldn't be too hard for him to beat Fitzy, he's a great practice player and is always well liked in locker rooms.

Think he wins the job pretty handily over Fitz and a rookie TBH. Weather he keeps it or not, that's another story.

trapezeus
02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
so just to recap how the bills have totally changed their ways:

1. cut a CB so that they need more CB's (most likely in first two rounds)
2. Resign a QB who did absolutely nothing
3. Cut the two leader tacklers on a crappy defense and point to holes at TE and CB as areas of concern.

The change is just so hard hitting with Russ still in charge.

It's effing February and I hate this team's management. Well Done, russ. Well done.

justasportsfan
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
if he never got the chan gailey system in 18 weeks, i'm skeptical that he's going to get the new marrone system.Chan was coaching for his job. There was no way he was going to put TJ in there. Doesn't mean that TJ couldn't learn Chans system even though Chan thought his system was hard to learn.

ServoBillieves
02-15-2013, 02:42 PM

3. Cut the two leader tacklers on a crappy defense and point to holes at TE and CB as areas of concern.

It's effing February and I hate this team's management. Well Done, russ. Well done.

Please breathe through your nose so we can understand you. Otherwise you look stupid.

FA hasn't started yet. The draft is a few months away. Do yourself a favor and don't post stupidity. I kind of feel bad but then again I don't. When FA starts, then please voice an opinion and we might care. Young draft picks can also fill the void of the holes we have. I'm beginning to think you're actually Buddy.

fluteflakes
02-15-2013, 02:43 PM
It's so so hard to replace a 32 year old #4 CB, I don't know how the team will EVER survive.

It's not like CB, Safety, and ILB were needs BEFORE we cut those guys or anything like that. Nope. Lets just jump into the typical "hurr durr it's da same ole Bills" crap.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-15-2013, 02:47 PM

I don't think you can sign any free agents until the league year begins in March. Short of putting in a waiver claim on Titus Young, what exactly did you want them to do in the 6 weeks since they were hired?

ServoBillieves
02-15-2013, 03:00 PM
It's so so hard to replace a 32 year old #4 CB, I don't know how the team will EVER survive.

It's not like CB, Safety, and ILB were needs BEFORE we cut those guys or anything like that. Nope. Lets just jump into the typical "hurr durr it's da same ole Bills" crap.

So Gilmore was an excuse of a pick because we didn't want to upgrade at CB? So we just cut Wilson and unless we franchise Byrd he's not coming back... so Searcy was drafted for no reason? That's where I somewhat agree but Line and ballhawk are 2 of the top 4 positions on a team and we're losing one if not both of them.

If this front office is so ****ing stupid to think "HEY! We have a phenomenal guard and a top 2 safety, **** IT! Let's go draft another guard and meh, there should be a safety out there somewhere!!?!?!!!"

Ignorance will destroy this team unless we sign B or A to a long term deal and tag the other. But it's the Bills. 1 of the 2 won't happen, and sheer and completely understood madness will erupt, but we'll still trudge along knowing that Levitre will be a Chief or Byrd will be a Raven.

trapezeus
02-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Please breathe through your nose so we can understand you. Otherwise you look stupid.

FA hasn't started yet. The draft is a few months away. Do yourself a favor and don't post stupidity. I kind of feel bad but then again I don't. When FA starts, then please voice an opinion and we might care. Young draft picks can also fill the void of the holes we have. I'm beginning to think you're actually Buddy.

Thanks for your condescending comments.

Let me know what point in the last 13 years they have done the right thing. in the process of their annual **** ups, they let players go, then have no plan to get anyone meaningful in. they resign players who have had minimal impact, they cut players who make too much, and then come FA they sign a bunch of nobodies or they sign one player and tell us its all right. This team has had no depth for 13 years. While the players they cut aren't studs, they just openned a new series of holes.

So next time you might want to think of the context of how this team operates and that this is just a similar step in the blueprint.

But since you seem to enjoy being an optimist, why don't you keep puffing on that pipe of yours and expect this year to be different with the same people in charge.

SquishDaFish
02-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Love the move!! Open comp in camp is exactly what needs to happen. Tavaris, a Rookie, Corp and even Fitz for all I care. I just want an open comp and not just go with Fitz

ServoBillieves
02-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks for your condescending comments.

Let me know what point in the last 13 years they have done the right thing. in the process of their annual **** ups, they let players go, then have no plan to get anyone meaningful in. they resign players who have had minimal impact, they cut players who make too much, and then come FA they sign a bunch of nobodies or they sign one player and tell us its all right. This team has had no depth for 13 years. While the players they cut aren't studs, they just openned a new series of holes.

So next time you might want to think of the context of how this team operates and that this is just a similar step in the blueprint.

But since you seem to enjoy being an optimist, why don't you keep puffing on that pipe of yours and expect this year to be different with the same people in charge.

Aww, somebody is upset with the truth. Understandable. It happens. No need to be so harsh or hurt by words on a page. Kids tend to get upset easily.

YardRat
02-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Good move, IMO, although I have to admit it's a little surprising to me to see TJAx want to sign on for another year. Sure Corp is a camp arm, but he may cop a PS spot this time around. Just cut your losses with Fitz already, he's had his chance and doesn't really deserve another shot at starting. Would still like them to bring in another FA and two rookies and let the competition be amongst them, sans Fitzpatrick's presence. Lastly, I agree with coastal on Scott, obviously...I'd much rather take whoever falls to us in the second and get Scott with a later pick than risk the #8 on a huge 'maybe'....Scott may end up being the better guy anyway.

kishoph
02-15-2013, 04:55 PM
if he never got the chan gailey system in 18 weeks, i'm skeptical that he's going to get the new marrone system.

Jackson said he had the playbook down a few weeks after getting here, the idiotic coaching staff never gave him a decent shot to compete for the job, probably from fear that he would show up Gailey's wonder boy Fitz. If this is going to be an honest open competition, I see know way that Jackson losses to Fitz. I am shocked that Jackson would resign with the team after what they did to him last year, Marrone must of assured him that he would have a legit shot to start.

TigerJ
02-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Just got the text...

-BillDifferent coaching staff. If your coaching staff has any integrity at all, they would not stand for the GM telling you who is going to be your starter. If anything, Chan Gailey, knowing his job was in jeopardy anyway, could have been tempted to start Jackson just to shake things up. Neither does Marrone strike me as a guy who's going to let Nix tell him who his starter is going to be.

On another board, someone suggested this signing is an indication that Fitz's standing is not as solid as it once was. I'm not positive about that, but I know Jackson was a bit miffed that he never got activated this season. I don't think he would have signed unless Marrone made a believeable pitch to him that there was going to be an open competition and he had a chance to win the starting job. I also think Nix is going to draft a QB and it will probably be in the top two or at most the top three rounds. That rookie is going to be in the competition too. If Thigpen is not released, I think his role is essentially going to be that of a 4th arm in training camp, but the re-signing of Aaron Corp makes it unlikely he'll even get that.

YardRat
02-15-2013, 05:37 PM
This signing could be the biggest indication that they are going to be willing to take their chances at #8 on a QB.

Novacane
02-15-2013, 05:42 PM

Crying over Barnett, Wilson and Mcgee. Really?

RedEyE
02-15-2013, 08:48 PM
This is all a diabolical ploy to suck in 2013 in order to snag Manziel in 2014.

justasportsfan
02-16-2013, 07:12 AM

It's effing February and I hate this team's management. Well Done, russ. Well done.you have sources telling you that it's Russ and not coaches nor Nix making player decisions?

Night Train
02-16-2013, 07:21 AM
This signing could be the biggest indication that they are going to be willing to take their chances at #8 on a QB.

Then why flush 3 Mil down the drain by paying the March bonus for Fitz ?

better days
02-16-2013, 07:45 AM

I think the Bills are trying to renegotiate the contract with Fitz.

DraftBoy
02-16-2013, 11:04 AM

I'd say it says the exact opposite right now and when they don't cut Fitz (and I dont think they will) that will be further amplified. They are going to draft a QB but to me it appears more and more likely that QB won't be coming at the 8th pick.

DraftBoy
02-16-2013, 11:05 AM
This is all a diabolical ploy to suck in 2013 in order to snag Manziel in 2014.

Won't be there in 2014, you'll need to add two more years and look for him in 2016.

He's only a RS Soph and while he's eligible what hurry is he in? He's the king of the one craziest college campuses in the entire county, he's playing in the SEC, and his family has plenty of money. Not to mention the word from NFL people is he doesn't grade out favorably.

YardRat
02-16-2013, 11:08 AM

I'd say it says the exact opposite right now and when they don't cut Fitz (and I dont think they will) that will be further amplified. They are going to draft a QB but to me it appears more and more likely that QB won't be coming at the 8th pick.

Things can change quite dramatically in a couple of weeks. Pretty easy to back off the 'competition' angle with Fitz before the end of the league year if they can't, or won't, renegotiate before then. If they do end up keeping Fitz under the current terms of the contract, I will probably back off my previous statement.

Albany,n.y.
02-16-2013, 11:27 AM
I more think the "He didn't know the playbook" thing was Chans excuse for sticking with "his guy" in fitzy.

I'm surprised Gailey didn't use the winded excuse. "He got winded on his way to the stadium, so I had to make him inactive."
Gailey was almost as bad as Hank Bullough, but he had a little more talent so he lasted longer.

Albany,n.y.
02-16-2013, 11:31 AM

I view it as exactly the opposite: They realize that no QB is worth drafting at 8 and any QB drafted in the later rounds will be a developmental type and not be ready to start as a rookie. So they will have 2 veterans fight it out for the starting job & the draftee will be the 3rd guy. If the draftee doesn't show them enough, they'll look to draft another QB in 2014.

better days
02-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Won't be there in 2014, you'll need to add two more years and look for him in 2016.

He's only a RS Soph and while he's eligible what hurry is he in? He's the king of the one craziest college campuses in the entire county, he's playing in the SEC, and his family has plenty of money. Not to mention the word from NFL people is he doesn't grade out favorably.

His HC said he does not expect Manziel to be on the team after 2013 & he is recruiting QB's to come there telling them that.

DraftBoy
02-16-2013, 12:22 PM
His HC said he does not expect Manziel to be on the team after 2013 & he is recruiting QB's to come there telling them that.
And why in God's name would you ever trust a college football coach?

fluteflakes
02-16-2013, 04:23 PM
There is no way Manziel leaves next season unless he grades out to a first round pick (which he wont). He's BMFOC at A&M and has a chance to win a national title and go down as one of the greatest college football players ever.

Unless I'm projected by the advisory board to go #1 or in the top-5, I'm not coming out until I am. Besides, next year he'd most likely be going against Derek Carr and Teddy Bridgewater, he knows he wouldn't be drafted before Bridgewater. And again, he's LOVING life as the BMFOC, why give that up when he doesn't have too?

trapezeus
02-16-2013, 08:56 PM
you have sources telling you that it's Russ and not coaches nor Nix making player decisions?

but the dramatic change is to either have russ or nix making the calls or influencing it.

i'm fine with the optimists like servo who just magically believe marginal changes with the same processes to yield different results. But don't complain next season when they have no depth when the injuries pile up, and tjax has a couple mediocre games sandwiched between legendarily bad games.

if this really seems like change to you, great. I'm just not buying it.

trapezeus
02-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Crying over Barnett, Wilson and Mcgee. Really?

i'm not crying over these guys. i'm just saying the mcgee cut will bring about a DB in an early round. "we have no one but gilmore." and they don't have the money to spend on a free agent. the bills defensive woes have been about not consistent passs rush. and frankly i was stunned the bills signed mcgee and let greer go a few years ago.

Barnett was not great as the lead linebacker. but he would have been good if they picked up another good rookie LB.
He was a leader, works hard and could make plays. just like Poz, he was good enough to be a part of the puzzle, but you can't look to him to be the star Ray lewis in his prime type player.

Wilson was the right move to cut.

I know the optimists think that the bills signed tjax to sign a better qb in draft. and that the cuts were made to bring new guys in. I just think it reeks of the old where they will sell us TJax as the answer "because he worked very hard last year in a non-ideal situation adn the locker room respects him." and then they will use this mcgee cut as a reason to take a CB in round 1 when the qb's weren't the guys they liked.

trapezeus
02-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Aww, somebody is upset with the truth. Understandable. It happens. No need to be so harsh or hurt by words on a page. Kids tend to get upset easily.

another tough guy internet poster. The shock.

justasportsfan
02-17-2013, 07:05 AM
but the dramatic change is to either have russ or nix making the calls or influencing it. .If it's true that Ralph is out of the picture in decision making , I'd rather have Ruus and Nix make those decisions than Ralph.

i'm fine with the optimists like servo who just magically believe marginal changes with the same processes to yield different results. .once again, please state your sources that this year iss the same as before. Last I checked, Russ wasn't CEO in the past and was mostly in charge of marketing.

trapezeus
02-19-2013, 10:56 AM
If it's true that Ralph is out of the picture in decision making , I'd rather have Ruus and Nix make those decisions than Ralph.
once again, please state your sources that this year iss the same as before. Last I checked, Russ wasn't CEO in the past and was mostly in charge of marketing.

I would rather have one of those world cup predicting animals making decisions as opposed to ralph. Doesn't mean that's a better choice.

Russ is the new ralph. he has no idea what he's doing when it comes to football decisions. he is smithers. He has been the mouth of ralph for the last 10 years. His title changes, but he's the same guy doing the same thing. He picked marrone because its a nice marketing angle. you even see it on these boards. syracuse fans are excited. They'll watch some games. you are praying he works, but there is little to know if he'll be ok.

They've kept nix, a guy who has blown most picks from rounds 2-7 the last 3 years. GO through those picks. there are guys who were released during camp in the season they were drafted! And they were trying to make defense better.

These are the guys handing marrone talent. You trust that? you want sources, or do you want to just go with your gut on this one?

Like i said, i won't piss on people's optimism, but just think about it from a cautious place. there are more reasons to see this season to be like any ones of the last 13 than for it to be new and magical. and instead of name calling anyone, i'll just say, I'm still the big idiot with season tickets flyign home for all this stuff for the home games.

better days
02-19-2013, 12:09 PM
I would rather have one of those world cup predicting animals making decisions as opposed to ralph. Doesn't mean that's a better choice.

Russ is the new ralph. he has no idea what he's doing when it comes to football decisions. he is smithers. He has been the mouth of ralph for the last 10 years. His title changes, but he's the same guy doing the same thing. He picked marrone because its a nice marketing angle. you even see it on these boards. syracuse fans are excited. They'll watch some games. you are praying he works, but there is little to know if he'll be ok.

They've kept nix, a guy who has blown most picks from rounds 2-7 the last 3 years. GO through those picks. there are guys who were released during camp in the season they were drafted! And they were trying to make defense better.

These are the guys handing marrone talent. You trust that? you want sources, or do you want to just go with your gut on this one?

Like i said, i won't piss on people's optimism, but just think about it from a cautious place. there are more reasons to see this season to be like any ones of the last 13 than for it to be new and magical. and instead of name calling anyone, i'll just say, I'm still the big idiot with season tickets flyign home for all this stuff for the home games.

Yeah, Cordy Glenn is TERRIBLE, he should be cut tomorrow.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-19-2013, 12:12 PM
There is no way Manziel leaves next season unless he grades out to a first round pick (which he wont). He's BMFOC at A&M and has a chance to win a national title and go down as one of the greatest college football players ever.

Unless I'm projected by the advisory board to go #1 or in the top-5, I'm not coming out until I am. Besides, next year he'd most likely be going against Derek Carr and Teddy Bridgewater, he knows he wouldn't be drafted before Bridgewater. And again, he's LOVING life as the BMFOC, why give that up when he doesn't have too?

The millions and millions of dollars and not living in the butt end of Texas, for one thing.

fluteflakes
02-19-2013, 12:32 PM
The millions and millions of dollars and not living in the butt end of Texas, for one thing.

He comes from an affluent and fairly well off family.

better days
02-19-2013, 12:43 PM
He comes from an affluent and fairly well off family.

Dad's money. Most men want to earn their own. I will be surprised if he does not come out in the next draft.

fluteflakes
02-19-2013, 12:45 PM
I won't. Kids a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. If he doesn't project highly and is having a good time in college, why leave? More money will be there for him in 2 seasons.

better days
02-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I won't. Kids a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. If he doesn't project highly and is having a good time in college, why leave? More money will be there for him in 2 seasons.

Yeah, you're right if he does not project high he should stay. But indications are he will project high.

DraftBoy
02-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah, you're right if he does not project high he should stay. But indications are he will project high.

No they aren't.

fluteflakes
02-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Indications are right now he's maybe... the 3rd or 4th QB in the class, if David Fales improves I'v seen him go top 10 from quite a few scouts, so that would even put him 5th. There's no guarantee of a 1st round ranking even IF he improves next year.