• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

QB Competition?

Seriously? Marrone announced that Fitz and T. Jackson would have an open competition. Looks like it's another year of Fitz since I can't see Jackson beating out Fitz after not playing at all last year.

I hope this isn't the final solution.
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Re: QB Competition?

I hope it isn't either, or no reason to even get a little excited next year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

competition at all positions. Don't have a problem with that.

sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

It's February 16th.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Everyone that wants the Bills to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rnd what do you expect if the Bills do that? I can pretty much guarantee it will come down to Fitz or TJax if that is the case.

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
            Everyone that wants the Bills to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rnd what do you expect if the Bills do that? I can pretty much guarantee it will come down to Fitz or TJax if that is the case.
            Drafting a player earlier doesn't make him a better player. The only guy that could be ready to start that will be there at 8 (and quite possibily rd 2) is Wilson and I can't get by the tiny hand thing with him. If we draft a project like Manuel in rd 2 we'll just have to deal with another year of crappy QB play.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
              Drafting a player earlier doesn't make him a better player. The only guy that could be ready to start that will be there at 8 (and quite possibily rd 2) is Wilson and I can't get by the tiny hand thing with him. If we draft a project like Manuel in rd 2 we'll just have to deal with another year of crappy QB play.
              If you draft a guy at #8, he will be no better than if you draft the SAME guy at #40. The point is you have OPTIONS at #8 that will not be there at #40. All the GOOD QB's will be off the board by #40.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2010

If you draft a guy at #8, he will be no better than if you draft the SAME guy at #40. The point is you have OPTIONS at #8 that will not be there at #40. All the GOOD QB's will be off the board by #40.
                i agree. just take wilson or manuel for christs sake. they have a nice resume

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

I'm not really buying that Fitz has a legitimate shot at earning the starting job. They already know they can't get anywhere with him and they won't be able to sell tickets. Marrone is just doing the normal thing and telling everyone that they have to earn their spot

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

And if you draft guys at 8 who should be drafted at 40 while the rest of the NFL drafts guys who are worthy of their picks, you will never win.

Opportunity cost.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      And if you draft guys at 8 who should be drafted at 40 while the rest of the NFL drafts guys who are worthy of their picks, you will never win.

Opportunity cost.
                      NO GUTs, NO GLORY. Like I have been saying with all the QB needy teams this year, all the GOOD QB's will be gone before the 40th pick. Nix has said before they will have to draft a QB one round before the round they think he SHOULD go because teams overdraft QBs. I think Nix has learned his lesson & realizes he will have to do like every other team that needs a QB & overdraft one.

And you can draft a guy HIGH that should be drafted much later at ALL positions EX: Aaron Maybin. EX: Mike Williams

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

You're not describing guts. You're describing stupidity.

Buffalo needing a QB does not mean there is one in this draft worthy of the #8 pick. And this team has too many needs to be reaching by a full round. Yeah, teams overdraft QB's and they end up with Blaine Gabbert and Jimmy Claussen. And JP Losman.

Nix is an idiot. He's an idiot for waiting this long to address QB. He's an idiot for letting the whole world know what he intends to do.

A major reason why this team has sucked for so long is not getting production out of our high draft picks. Reaching on a QB is a good way to continue that trend.

You want a gutsy move? Trade back into the first round and get a QB that way. Or do your ****ing homework and try to find this year's Russell Wilson who WILL be there in the 2nd. But pidgeon-holing us into a QB at 8 in a weak QB class is ****ing stupid.

Some of you are letting the desperation for a QB cloud your judgment.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

at least tyler wilson has a hot girlfriend

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Plenty of 1st rd QBs that didn't pan out either. Look at this draft. No QB stands out at all.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

Who says Fitz will still be on the roster anyway???
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X