PDA

View Full Version : If we go after Flacco & have to give 2-1st round

Skooby
02-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Can we tradeback before that to get an extra second round pick ?? Is it to early to do that or can we wait ??

elltrain22
02-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Maybe we can trade them with some magic beanstalk beans. We'll get Flacco and a 2nd round pick.

Too bad we gotta give up our beans, but that was probably a fantasy anyways...

Skooby
02-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Why does this seems out of whack ? Flacco might become available because of the Ravens cap issues & Flacco set the bar very high for his salary, Superbowl MVP / Champion & all.

I think he's going to be available & the Bills snagged the biggest FA last season, so this isn't far off.

trapezeus
02-16-2013, 09:06 PM
the peter king article oddly named buffalo as a team who has a shot at it. then he tweeted two days later that he wouldn't be surprised if the bills send the farm to get flacco.

While king has his issues with being a pat lover, his inside sources tend to be very good and if he hears something, i think there is some truth to the investigation.

I'd be nervous just because the bills under nix haven't drafted well in rounds 2-7. and now two years to not have a first rounder? But you'd have your qb situation set for 5-7 years. you would need WR who come in all rounds. and then you could literally plug away at LB's and DE/NT until you had a good roster.

But flacco would need to show that he was able to be a gamer when games were close and didn't need a defense to bail him out.

Skooby
02-16-2013, 09:35 PM
the peter king article oddly named buffalo as a team who has a shot at it. then he tweeted two days later that he wouldn't be surprised if the bills send the farm to get flacco.

While king has his issues with being a pat lover, his inside sources tend to be very good and if he hears something, i think there is some truth to the investigation.

I'd be nervous just because the bills under nix haven't drafted well in rounds 2-7. and now two years to not have a first rounder? But you'd have your qb situation set for 5-7 years. you would need WR who come in all rounds. and then you could literally plug away at LB's and DE/NT until you had a good roster.

But flacco would need to show that he was able to be a gamer when games were close and didn't need a defense to bail him out.

He can throw the deep ball & had 11 TD's no INT in the biggest games, the playoffs.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Flacco will crash next year.

Skooby
02-16-2013, 10:25 PM
The exclusive franchise number is currently expected to be $20.463 million, that's huge money that the Ravens would need to free up immediately to even put the exclusive tag on him.

Bert102176
02-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Screw Flacco and any idea to get him it would cost too much to get him, and it would hurt the team more then help them, cost us good young players from the draft and money from free agency to sign other players do you really wanna hurt the team like that.

Bert102176
02-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Besides he is very inconsistant, now we'll here but he won the super bowl, but he played great the last 6 to 8 games, look at what he did in his career he is too inconsistant for what it will cost us look at the facts.

Skooby
02-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Besides he is very inconsistant, now we'll here but he won the super bowl, but he played great the last 6 to 8 games, look at what he did in his career he is too inconsistant for what it will cost us look at the facts.

Yeah, 11 TD's / no INT in the playoffs means he's useless.

jamze132
02-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Flacco may have peaked closing out last season.

X-Era
02-17-2013, 06:56 AM
The exclusive franchise number is currently expected to be $20.463 million, that's huge money that the Ravens would need to free up immediately to even put the exclusive tag on him.
One way or another some good players are set to hit the market from the Ravens...

Saratoga Slim
02-17-2013, 07:29 AM
I'll be dumbfounded if he doesn't stay a Raven.

YardRat
02-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Just so I'm understanding this...

1-A 'franchise' QB is the end-all, be-all of the NFL.
2-Teams are expected to re-sign their home-grown, proven talent, regardless of the cost otherwise they are 'cheap'.
3-Buffalo would be 'stupid' to let Levitre, a guard, walk over a top-5 contract.
4-Yet, some are expecting (hoping?) Baltimore to let their home-grown, 'franchise' QB walk over a big contract.

It just doesn't add up.

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2013, 09:08 AM
I can't believe the Ravens wouldn't keep him.

With that said any of you that wouldn't give 2 first rounders for him should be checked into a mental institution.

The guy just had one of the best playoff performances in league history and is still young, has a cannon, and is accurate.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Can we tradeback before that to get an extra second round pick ?? Is it to early to do that or can we wait ??

No. When you try to sign a franchised player, you have to give up your original 1sts. If you don't have them for whatever reason, you can't do it.

Just so I'm understanding this...

1-A 'franchise' QB is the end-all, be-all of the NFL.
2-Teams are expected to re-sign their home-grown, proven talent, regardless of the cost otherwise they are 'cheap'.
3-Buffalo would be 'stupid' to let Levitre, a guard, walk over a top-5 contract.
4-Yet, some are expecting (hoping?) Baltimore to let their home-grown, 'franchise' QB walk over a big contract.

It just doesn't add up.

Yeah, because you are missing 5) Baltimore has an enormous number of UFAs and are already over the cap before Flacco earns dollar 1.

The hope is that Baltimore decides trying to rebuild with the two firsts is easier than gutting their team to pay Flacco.

Bert102176
02-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Yeah, 11 TD's / no INT in the playoffs means he's useless.

Didn't say he was useless, can u read?

Typ0
02-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Flacco is a proven good fit right where he is at ... no one knows anything how he would do anywhere else. It's a horrible time for the Ravens to make a change at QB and it wouldn't be wise for Flacco's career either. I don't see him leaving there no matter what numbers are involved.

Skooby
02-17-2013, 02:22 PM
No. When you try to sign a franchised player, you have to give up your original 1sts. If you don't have them for whatever reason, you can't do it.

Yeah, because you are missing 5) Baltimore has an enormous number of UFAs and are already over the cap before Flacco earns dollar 1.

The hope is that Baltimore decides trying to rebuild with the two firsts is easier than gutting their team to pay Flacco.

Do you have a Link for the original 1st round pick statement ?

Skooby
02-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Flacco is a proven good fit right where he is at ... no one knows anything how he would do anywhere else. It's a horrible time for the Ravens to make a change at QB and it wouldn't be wise for Flacco's career either. I don't see him leaving there no matter what numbers are involved.

His contract will cost them at least 2 players, maybe 3.

YardRat
02-17-2013, 02:29 PM

So you're not a 'OMG WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB MORE THAN ANYTHING !!1!1!!" guy either.

Skooby
02-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Didn't say he was useless, can u read?

Better than you can write.

Bert102176
02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Better than you can write.

Sure doesn't seem it

Skooby
02-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Sure doesn't seem it

Maybe not but I couldn't think of anything else to say.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Do you have a Link for the original 1st round pick statement ?

https://www.nflplayers.com/About-us/CBA-Download/
Pg 39 3(c)

Any club that does not have available, in the upcoming Draft, the selection choice or choices (its own or better choices in the applicable rounds) needed to provide Draft Choice Compensation in the event of a timely First Refusal Exercise Notice may not sign an Offer Sheet in such circumstances.

So, I was mistaken in that it doesn't need to be your pick specifically, but it can't be a worse one in the same round.

So you're not a 'OMG WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB MORE THAN ANYTHING !!1!1!!" guy either.

I do think we need a franchise QB more than anything, and I am 100% onboard with signing Flacco. But Baltimore is in salary cap hell because they rolled the dice on this season. It paid off, but the question is - who does Baltimore want to rebuild around? I'm hoping it's their other players + 2 firsts.

BertSquirtgum
02-17-2013, 09:17 PM

Not going to happen.

Skooby
02-17-2013, 10:17 PM
https://www.nflplayers.com/About-us/CBA-Download/
Pg 39 3(c)

So, I was mistaken in that it doesn't need to be your pick specifically, but it can't be a worse one in the same round.

I do think we need a franchise QB more than anything, and I am 100% onboard with signing Flacco. But Baltimore is in salary cap hell because they rolled the dice on this season. It paid off, but the question is - who does Baltimore want to rebuild around? I'm hoping it's their other players + 2 firsts.

Thanks.