PDA

View Full Version : How bout Austin Collie for some WR help?

malvado78
02-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Colts not renewing his contract per schefter on twitter:
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/302797075471552512

better days
02-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Colts not renewing his contract per schefter on twitter:
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/302797075471552512

There is a reason the Colts are not keeping Collie.........................he has concussion issues.

Bert102176
02-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Sign him for the min. W/incentives, so if he doesn't pan out we can cut him loose without paying for it.

better days
02-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Sign him for the min. W/incentives, so if he doesn't pan out we can cut him loose without paying for it.

You can't cut an injured player. You have to make an injury settlement with him.

Buddo
02-17-2013, 05:03 AM
Collie is a decent enough player when fit, but decent enough, isn't 'good enough' if you have to pay good money, and use up a roster spot, for a guy who isn't reliable. If we are going to go after a FA WR, I'm sure there are others just as good, who don't have the injury concerns.
Sometimes with guys like Collie, they have to be your 'last alternative', when you are looking to upgrade a position. If somebody else picks him up in the meantime, that's just a chance you have to take.

I'd also say that when you are installing a new system, one of the things you want to be able to do, is design it around guys who you can be certain are going to play the majority of the season. Once that system is established, a guy like Collie can be an upgrade to what you have, but to try and design things with him in mind, is very likely to come back and bite your ass, if he goes down for any length of time, which on his past history, is more likely than not.

YardRat
02-17-2013, 08:44 AM
If we grab a FA WR, it'll probably be more along the lines of Ramses Barden or Louis Murphy...young, relatively inexpensive, and can line up outside.

The Jokeman
02-17-2013, 01:46 PM
If we grab a FA WR, it'll probably be more along the lines of Ramses Barden or Louis Murphy...young, relatively inexpensive, and can line up outside.

Good call on Murphy he's on my short list. I'm not a fan of Ramses as think he was a one game wonder. Another big WR that could be out there is Mohamed Massaquoi who's far from great but then again he's never had a good QB throwing to him in Cleveland.

Bert102176
02-17-2013, 01:53 PM
You can't cut an injured player. You have to make an injury settlement with him.

I know that I only said if he doesn't pan out if he gets hurt ir his ass and as soon as he is good to go cut him just give him a 1 yr deal, I would rather have Amendola, Avery, Edelman, would love Wallace

fluteflakes
02-17-2013, 03:59 PM
There is no guarantee Collie will even ever play at anything remotely close to the level he used to play at. And honestly, I wouldn't touch him both for the teams, AND his sake. One more bad hit and he could end up being a vegetable.

I would much prefer a Murphy or an Amendola, guy who mention Massequoi is a good one, just guys who have a level of talent that we could plug in and play. Not someone we have to HOPE can play at the level he used too.

THRILLHO
02-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Collie gets hurt when the wind blows.

DraftBoy
02-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Collie is a guy who is literally one hit away from his career being over.