X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Bills Should let Levitre walk !!!

With Levitre sure to demand big money can we really afford him ? With our needs at LB, SS, CB, WR, TE..I say no he will command a salary of over 5 million plus a season at the very least more likely 6.5 to 8 mill.. Too much . Especially during a year when the draft offers some real good players at the position Guard is a position where you can find players in the draft every year. I say rd 3 for the bills. Guys like Pugh.. Winters.. Long.. Warford in rd 2 may be there for the taking...Plus with Urbik signed and Rhinehart a rfa the bills could get through a year while a guy get his feet wet...Value is better spent on a couple of positions mentioned above then all money on 7 mill plus guard...

Bmax
    Last edited by Bmax; 02-18-2013, 07:45 PM. Reason: title change
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills Should let Levitre walk !!!

If I had to choose between contract extensions for Byrd and Levitre, I am going with Byrd. If that means Levitre is gone, then so be it.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

The only way I'm down with Levitre walking is if he's replaced with not just Warmack... but Loadholt or Flucker are added as well.

if not... Piss off loser.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
        The only way I'm down with Levitre walking is if he's replaced with not just Warmack... but Loadholt or Flucker are added as well.

if not... Piss off loser.
        Why the love for Loadholt? I'll admit I'm usually one that screams for improvement on the O-line every year but it's not going to happen this offseason. The only way I take Warmack is if we trade down and some teams gives us a teen draft pick and another pick in the mid to late 2nd Round.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
          Why the love for Loadholt? I'll admit I'm usually one that screams for improvement on the O-line every year but it's not going to happen this offseason. The only way I take Warmack is if we trade down and some teams gives us a teen draft pick and another pick in the mid to late 2nd Round.
          Loadholt isn't a great pass blocker but has made improvements but he's a BEAST with run blocking... Hint... CJ Spiller is a running back.

building around a strength.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Loadholt isn't a great pass blocker but has made improvements but he's a BEAST with run blocking... Hint... CJ Spiller is a running back.

building around a strength.
            In other words Loadholdt is what you expect out of a RT. CJ was as dynamic as he was with in 2012 Hairston manning RT imagine what he might do with a healthy Erik Pears who helped Freddie out in 2011. Building on strength is a good thought but improving on weaknesses is a better thought if ask me.

Comment

• Lefty2985
              • Mar 2004

I agree. Byrd over Andy.

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

In other words Loadholdt is what you expect out of a RT. CJ was as dynamic as he was with in 2012 Hairston manning RT imagine what he might do with a healthy Erik Pears who helped Freddie out in 2011. Building on strength is a good thought but improving on weaknesses is a better thought if ask me.
                Erik Pears sucks.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

They won't be able to afford keeping him if they want to improve the team overall and Byrd is a MUST keep.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Erik Pears sucks.
                    I think he's better than Hairston.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

I think he's better than Hairston.
                      Agreed... Different flavors of the same loaf however.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

The Bills shouldn't let Byrd or Levitre walk. Very dumb if they do so, anyone that thinks otherwise is dumb too.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                          • Feb 2009

No. I am sick of actually drafting good players, then letting them walk. We always complain about our crappy drafts. But when we do draft someone of value and with talent, we don't resign because we'd have to pay them "too much money for what they are worth." You stay in a state of rebuild if you keep opening holes, and thats what would happen if Levitre is not here next year.
                          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
                            No. I am sick of actually drafting good players, then letting them walk. We always complain about our crappy drafts. But when we do draft someone of value and with talent, we don't resign because we'd have to pay them "too much money for what they are worth." You stay in a state of rebuild if you keep opening holes, and thats what would happen if Levitre is not here next year.
                            It isn't just the Bills who do, or have to do, this though. It's a double edged sword - the better your draft class is in any given year, the more likely you are to lose some of those players, when FA comes around. There are a lot of teams with the same sort of issues, and a lot of those teams, will let a good player walk.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                              This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
                              It isn't just the Bills who do, or have to do, this though. It's a double edged sword - the better your draft class is in any given year, the more likely you are to lose some of those players, when FA comes around. There are a lot of teams with the same sort of issues, and a lot of those teams, will let a good player walk.
                              Our draft classes are never "better." Some teams can have great drafts and then not have to worry about dropping a couple of those good picks. We get so few good players out of a draft we cannot let them go. When we draft 3 or more quality starters per year consistently I will be ok with letting some walk.
                              True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X