PDA

View Full Version : The most maddening play against Winnipeg

OpIv37
02-20-2013, 11:15 AM
It wasn't the goals or the breakaways for me.

At one point, Ennis gained the zone and tried to skate it through 4 Jets who were in a PK-like box formation. Sure enough, he turned it over. I got pissed because I've grilled Ennis for doing this **** in the past.

But, then I watched it again. Ennis tried to skate it because he had no play. There were 2 or 3 Sabres standing flat-footed at the blue line. No one went to the net for a pass or rebound. No one headed to the corner for a dump and chase. No one circled behind him or followed him so he could dump it back.

And t wasn't the end of the shift either- no one was going to or coming off the bench.

It was perhaps the laziest hockey I've ever seen.

Mski
02-20-2013, 11:53 AM
i think this is one of the biggest issues with their PP, every time the try to set up the "rush" they get 3 guys standing flat footed on the blue line a 4th guy carrying it up the middle who does a drop pass to the 5th guy following behind, who then proceeds to carry the puck across the blue line with now 8 players standing there expecting it

PTI
02-20-2013, 12:26 PM
The thing Ray points out all the time on defense is just letting the other team gain the zone with complete no pressure on the puck just bugs the crap out of me.

I know Pommer scored on an odd man break, but the Sabres are bad for the most part at odd man breaks too, many of the times not even getting a shot on net, which is crazy frustrating.