PDA

View Full Version : At least we won't have to worry about the Patriots' Secondary...

jpdex12
02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33006/Alfonzo-Dennard-found-guilty-of-assaulting-an-officer/Default.aspx

Aqib Talib is nothing but trouble if they even re-sign him and Dennard is looking at up to 6 years in prison because he assualted a cop. Anyone want to bet they draft a few CBs in the draft? IF we have a good passing attack this year we should be able to throw all over them!

sukie
02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Meh... 0-2 against whoever plays secondary for the Pats.

better days
02-20-2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33006/Alfonzo-Dennard-found-guilty-of-assaulting-an-officer/Default.aspx

Aqib Talib is nothing but trouble if they even re-sign him and Dennard is looking at up to 6 years in prison because he assualted a cop. Anyone want to bet they draft a few CBs in the draft? IF we have a good passing attack this year we should be able to throw all over them!

I think this really puts the pressure on the Pats* to resign Talib.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Meh... 0-2 against whoever plays secondary for the Pats.

as long as we do things on the cheap and make boneheaded personnel decisions we won't beat the pats. I think as time goes on and Brady gets older he will become more vulnerable but as long as you have B and B he is going to have to degrade to a level that we won't see for several more years in order for us to beat him. If we actually had some good talent in the linebacking corps and someone could light the fire under Dareus and Mario's asses and we got a competent qb who could spread the field and a coach who wouldn't worry about CJ "wearing out" in the red zone then yes, we could possibly split the season series with them ever so often.

fluteflakes
02-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Let them keep the other scumbag on the team and watch him implode when he gets his first paycheck.

Not to mention they'll have to waste another draft on secondary players, which the "genius" Belichick will miss on because he hasn't hit on pretty much anybody past the first two rounds in years.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Let them keep the other scumbag on the team and watch him implode when he gets his first paycheck.

Not to mention they'll have to waste another draft on secondary players, which the "genius" Belichick will miss on because he hasn't hit on pretty much anybody past the first two rounds in years.

and because of the dynamo that is Brady he doesn't have to hit on talent in the draft very often. Of course, I think New England is going to end up being in a position that the Colts found themselves in near the end of Peyton Manning's tenure there in that Brady and Bellichick will keep New England nasty to play against and will conceal flaws and fizzures in the Pats team, but if Brady ever gets injured that team is going to collapse. That's right, if New England loses Brady this year they aren't going to go 11-5 like they did in 2008, they might not even get a winning record.

Pinkerton Security
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
This dude will end up doing community service, where the rest of us would be in prison for the full term of the crime. BS.

justasportsfan
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
it's not their D I'm worried about. It's their O.

Scumbag College
02-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Typical Patriot.

Joe Fo Sho
02-20-2013, 03:41 PM
When's the last time we were worried about the Patriots secondary?

Goobylal
02-20-2013, 04:23 PM
They're going to lose Welker, which hurts their offense, and Talib, which hurts their defense. They'll probably also lose Vollmer. Beyond that, most of the guys in their secondary are UFA's, as are Edelman, Branch, and Woodhead.

YardRat
02-20-2013, 06:21 PM
We'll split with them this season, bank on it.

better days
02-20-2013, 08:26 PM

I would rather see us sweep them. The day is coming.

Meathead
02-20-2013, 10:57 PM
even with marcia at thirty six i could go out there and run routes with my cane and still catch eighty balls for fourteen large. only after he retires will bill go back to being a career .500 coach and give us a chance at the division

fluteflakes
02-20-2013, 11:08 PM
My only solace in the pats being good for another few years, is that even with Tommy Boy, they'll never get over the hump again because they'll never field a defense like they did in the early 00's with all the players Parcell's brought in. And they'll be stuck right, riiiight on that cusp, always getting beat by better teams because they only play 2-3 a year due to their cake schedule. And every, single year, it'll rip out the hearts of their fair-weather bandwagon fans.

And that gives me a great deal of joy.

coastal
02-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Bill Billicheat is the most over-rated coach in the NFL.

lucks out for a decade with Brady and cheats.

remove those things and he's a Greg Williams with a training bra.

jamze132
02-21-2013, 06:37 AM

With Fitz or TJax as our QB? LOL

better days
02-21-2013, 06:45 AM
With Fitz or TJax as our QB? LOL

With our Pettine defense.

DynaPaul
02-21-2013, 08:28 AM
It doesn't matter who they have in the secondary when they know the next offensive play that's going to be called. That's how they got away with using average at best WRs as DBs some years back.

Owen DeBoard
02-21-2013, 11:59 AM
That gives them all the more reason to get Ed Reed this offseason.

jpdex12
02-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Early 2000s but they were solid when they went to the Superbowl against the Gmen. What I'm saying is that they are starting from scratch back there with Talib and Dennard on the outs.

Goobylal
02-21-2013, 03:02 PM
That gives them all the more reason to get Ed Reed this offseason.
Doubtful they pony-up $8M/year for a guy who will be 35 when the season starts.