PDA

View Full Version : Pete Metzelaars tells us exactly what we've known all along...

jpdex12
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33010/Ex-Bills-coach--Ryan-Fitzpatrick-a--below-average--QB/Default.aspx

Finally though, someone is willing to tell it like it is in the media from behind the scenes and not sugar coat it!

better days
02-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Chan should have benched Fitz after the first Jets game last year.

SabreEleven
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Pete is wrong here. Fitz just didn't make bad decisions at the end of games. Fitz wasn't picky; he made bad decision all game long.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Pete is wrong here. Fitz just didn't make bad decisions at the end of games. Fitz wasn't picky; he made bad decision all game long.

True, but he saved his best. . . uh . . . worst for last. There were several games last year that we were in a position to win or at least take the lead late in the fourth and that bozo would always find a way to give the other team the ball. It was friggen embarrassing.

jpdex12
02-20-2013, 01:39 PM
I would prefer to cut him and save a little cap space to go along with the $4mm or so that we will save by cutting Kelsay. That would put us in the mid $20mm extra cap range and we could be big players in FA. Who cares if we don't have Fitz. It's not like we will be less of a team without him. I'll take my chances with T Jax and another journeyman along with a few draft picks to see what we have. Tarvaris, sign Grossman and draft a QB in the first round or two.

Novacane
02-20-2013, 02:21 PM
He can't be talking about the NE game. A couple of the genius' on this board say that was TJ Grahams fault.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
He can't be talking about the NE game. A couple of the genius' on this board say that was TJ Grahams fault.

It was, TJ Graham constantly attempted to catch passes of greater than 10 yards through the air from Fitztragic and everyone knows that beyond five yards Fitz passes become weak and innacurate.

streetkings01
02-20-2013, 02:52 PM
The way Stevie has been acting this year and Pete's comments I get the feeling many players on the team shared these same feelings about Fitz. Fitz is a great QB to have as the backup to fill in for 3-4 games a year if need be, but if he has to play all 16 as we've seen for 3 seasons the guy is a train wreck!

trapezeus
02-20-2013, 03:28 PM
streetking, i saw the eric wood didn't like that metzlaars wrote what he did.

i think you are probably right that guys know they can't win with him. but they also really like him and buy his confidence.

k-oneputt
02-20-2013, 03:59 PM
He should already be cut.
What is the use starting him again ?
QB at #8 and go with it.
TJ isn't the answer either.
Wilson or Barkley at #8 and move on.

YardRat
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
I would prefer to cut him and save a little cap space to go along with the $4mm or so that we will save by cutting Kelsay. That would put us in the mid $20mm extra cap range and we could be big players in FA. Who cares if we don't have Fitz. It's not like we will be less of a team without him. I'll take my chances with T Jax and another journeyman along with a few draft picks to see what we have. Tarvaris, sign Grossman and draft a QB in the first round or two.

TJax, a free agent and two draft picks. May the best man win :clap:

He should already be cut.
What is the use starting him again ?
QB at #8 and go with it.
TJ isn't the answer either.
Wilson or Barkley at #8 and move on.

Uggh. Worst case scenario, IMO.

BertSquirtgum
02-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Fitzputrid.

- - - Updated - - -

Fitzputrid.

jamze132
02-21-2013, 06:35 AM
I do not see the point at all of keeping Fitz around. Why in the **** are we going to pay him a roster bonus of $3M next month????? And we signed T. Jackson for $4.5M????? He didn't even put on a helmet last year!!!

WTF is going through Marrone's head? This is a lot of money to devote to two below average QBs.

better days
02-21-2013, 06:41 AM
I do not see the point at all of keeping Fitz around. Why in the **** are we going to pay him a roster bonus of $3M next month????? And we signed T. Jackson for $4.5M????? He didn't even put on a helmet last year!!!

WTF is going through Marrone's head? This is a lot of money to devote to two below average QBs.

TJAX will only make that kind of money if he is named the starter which would not surprise me. I agree Fitz should be cut.

don137
02-21-2013, 06:52 AM
In the world of being politically correct players will come to his defense and say how it is wrong to say ehat everyone else is thinking. However, anyone with half a brain realizes the proof is in the pudding. His record is terrible. While he may be a good guy he is not a good NFL starting QB.

better days
02-21-2013, 06:58 AM
I should have said Fitz should be cut.....................unless he agrees to a massive pay cut with a restructured contract. I still think he would be a good back up at the right price.

Mahdi
02-21-2013, 08:06 AM

It was TJ Graham's fault. But that doesn't mean Fitz is NOT the answer. He isn't and he had his chance.

DynaPaul
02-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Pete speaks the truth and now he's out of a job because of Fitz's follies.

Typ0
02-21-2013, 09:28 AM
I have to wonder why Fitz was the guy on the roster Chan had to work with in the first place? And it looks like he's still the guy on the roster!

ServoBillieves
02-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Fitz is an average QB? Whodathunkit?

Mski
02-21-2013, 03:22 PM
It was TJ Graham's fault. But that doesn't mean Fitz is NOT the answer. He isn't and he had his chance.

tj may have run the wrong route, ,but that doesnt change that Fitz threw it to the most covered area of the field, and missed seeing his best two playmakers wide open on the play

Mr. Miyagi
02-21-2013, 04:09 PM
True, but he saved his best. . . uh . . . worst for last. There were several games last year that we were in a position to win or at least take the lead late in the fourth and that bozo would always find a way to give the other team the ball. It was friggen embarrassing.
My wife doesn't even watch football. But I tell her the scenerio: Bills down by 2 with 1:30 left in the game, we have the ball at the opponent's 20 yard line. Our QB drops back to pass...THEN WHAT HAPPENS? She will immediately answer without hesitation: Interception?

Yup, that's our reputation.

JoeMama
02-21-2013, 09:19 PM
It's cool that Pete Metzalaars wasn't diplomatic about it.

Some coaches are so bland and inoffensive about former players it's not even worth the 5 seconds it takes to read their banal commentary.

Fitz is a good guy but he flat out sucks as a QB. Of all the guys we've had in our rotating QB policy over the past decade he's the last one I want with the ball in his hands in the clutch.

I've never seen a QB, maybe ever, who was so gruesomely efficient about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.