Mski
02-20-2013, 02:00 PM
i guess its on the sabres official twitter too

sukie
OH MY GOD!!!!

trapezeus
is this true? we've only been waiting since 2009.

trapezeus
02-20-2013, 02:02 PM
the saddest thing is the let mccormick go and let ruff talk about why they did that...then they fire him. what the heck. keep the team as is, and fire ruff. then let the new guy sort through the wreckage.

PTI
02-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Just tuned in online, yep it is true

YankeeInRaleigh
02-20-2013, 02:04 PM
OMFG....YES!

Mski
02-20-2013, 02:07 PM
the saddest thing is the let mccormick go and let ruff talk about why they did that...then they fire him. what the heck. keep the team as is, and fire ruff. then let the new guy sort through the wreckage.
i dont think the decision to waive mccormick was ruffs anyway, but yes allowing him to adress the media this afternoon was somewhat deuchey

hydro
02-20-2013, 02:08 PM
:hiclap::clap::hiclap::clap::hiclap::clap::hiclap::clap::hiclap:

Mski
02-20-2013, 02:12 PM
i do kinda feel bad about feeling good about this... good for the team, bad for him

SkateZilla
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=656635&navid=nhl:topheads

A DAY LATE BDAy Present!

YankeeInRaleigh
haha, wasn't it like....3 days ago Regier was saying "We'll be together forever!"

Guess not buddy.

sukie
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
i do kinda feel bad about feeling good about this... good for the team, bad for him

Why? do you think he is going to collect food stamps?

YankeeInRaleigh
02-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Whew, we'll never have to hear again "Little known fact, but Lindy Ruff is actually the longest tenured coach in the NHL, there have been 4,583,293 coaching changes since he was hired!"

SabreEleven
02-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Praise the Lord and pass the potato's

SkateZilla
02-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Whew, we'll never have to hear again "Little known fact, but Lindy Ruff is actually the longest tenured coach in the NHL, there have been 4,583,293 coaching changes since he was hired!"

Instead we'll hear:
"Little known fact, but Lindy Ruff WAS the longest tenured coach in the NHL, there was 4,583,293 coaching changes since he was hired!"

trapezeus
02-20-2013, 02:24 PM
remember that threat a few years ago, "if the sabres let ruff go, he'll be someone else's property in days."

This should be hilarious when we get to 2015 and he's still not coaching an NHL team.

YankeeInRaleigh
02-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Instead we'll hear:
"Little known fact, but Lindy Ruff WAS the longest tenured coach in the NHL, there was 4,583,293 coaching changes since he was hired!"

the BASTARDS!!!! :)

Whatever, i'll take it.

Mski
02-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Why? do you think he is going to collect food stamps?
no, but he did come across as a generally likeable guy, met him a few times at a local bowery, and he seemed to care a great deal about the success of the team

trapezeus
02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
i dont think the decision to waive mccormick was ruffs anyway, but yes allowing him to adress the media this afternoon was somewhat deuchey

that was my point. i think you'd let ruff know first what was happening as a courtesy to him, let him address the players one last time if he wanted, pull mccormick out and tell him.

this just looks like reiger tried to assauge pegula with a meaningless change, and then got over ruled and censored. and the cut came from black and now darcy is on a short leash.

i swear, if hte sabres have an inspired 3 period effort in toronto and win big, all buffalo ownership should just hand the keys over the Billszone.com. We've been nailing the right calls for about 15 years and are over-ruled ebcause we aren't "football" or "hockey" people. it's just us and common sense over here.

Mski
02-20-2013, 02:32 PM
i swear, if hte sabres have an inspired 3 period effort in toronto and win big, all buffalo ownership should just hand the keys over the Billszone.com. We've been nailing the right calls for about 15 years and are over-ruled ebcause we aren't "football" or "hockey" people. it's just us and common sense over here.
woha there, i wouldnt take it that far

braddavery
02-20-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm fine with it. He was just WAY too comfortable and lost any edge he may have ever had. Time to move on.

SkateZilla
02-20-2013, 02:47 PM
that was my point. i think you'd let ruff know first what was happening as a courtesy to him, let him address the players one last time if he wanted, pull mccormick out and tell him.

this just looks like reiger tried to assauge pegula with a meaningless change, and then got over ruled and censored. and the cut came from black and now darcy is on a short leash.

They can give me a roster spot, and send some of these overpaid figure skaters home.

SkateZilla
02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
headline should been:

No more RUFF-Housin'..

Bahahahaha

sukie
02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
no, but he did come across as a generally likeable guy, met him a few times at a local bowery, and he seemed to care a great deal about the success of the team

He's got much more time to emjoy life without pressure. I am thrilled for him.

Novacane
02-20-2013, 03:06 PM
I'll celebrate when Darcys gone too

Skooby
02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Good start, Darcy is the head of the snake.

gebobs
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
haha, wasn't it like....3 days ago Regier was saying "We'll be together forever!"

Guess not buddy.

Could be they meet again in the soup lines.

gebobs
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
remember that threat a few years ago, "if the sabres let ruff go, he'll be someone else's property in days."

This should be hilarious when we get to 2015 and he's still not coaching an NHL team.

Yeah...he's done.

PTI
02-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Ruff and Marv were terrible coaches IMO, had tons of talent, squandered it, Ruff for just being a bad coach, Marv for having no control at all over his players and just having talented players who rant the ship and Marv acted as a glorified cheerleader.

I have no thanks yous to either of them for anything.

trapezeus
02-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Ruff and Marv were terrible coaches IMO, had tons of talent, squandered it, Ruff for just being a bad coach, Marv for having no control at all over his players and just having talented players who rant the ship and Marv acted as a glorified cheerleader.

woooo. that's harsh. i kind of agree. kind of don't. i thought marv's approach was the only way to get those egos to see how to get to the end goal. and yeah, he got out coached all 4 superbowls, but he got them there. and no one has done it since. his style is probably not really how it works now. These guys are much rougher on the edges and probably don't listen to the guy who will wax philosophical with them.

Lindy, i think was lucky to have hasek in his prime. and it's too bad he had an owner who was stealing money to build golf courses, but didn't add one player to be a scoring threat. IF he would have just made the sabres winners, by the time he was found to be stealing, he could have had the case held in buffalo and the jury would have found him innocent.

Then in 2005, the league called a different set of penalties and they were built for that. and they got goaltending. but he ended up hurting them with his timid defensive style once games were close. and that never worked out.

Mr. Pink
02-20-2013, 03:46 PM
He should have been fired before the last lockout.

Years late on this move.

PTI
02-20-2013, 04:00 PM
woooo. that's harsh. i kind of agree. kind of don't. i thought marv's approach was the only way to get those egos to see how to get to the end goal. and yeah, he got out coached all 4 superbowls, but he got them there. and no one has done it since. his style is probably not really how it works now. These guys are much rougher on the edges and probably don't listen to the guy who will wax philosophical with them.

Lindy, i think was lucky to have hasek in his prime. and it's too bad he had an owner who was stealing money to build golf courses, but didn't add one player to be a scoring threat. IF he would have just made the sabres winners, by the time he was found to be stealing, he could have had the case held in buffalo and the jury would have found him innocent.

Then in 2005, the league called a different set of penalties and they were built for that. and they got goaltending. but he ended up hurting them with his timid defensive style once games were close. and that never worked out.

Crooked owner did suck for the Sabres, as well as whatever you want to call Wilson.

Novacane
02-20-2013, 04:10 PM

Not to defend Ruff but the Sabres have tons of talent?

Skooby
02-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Not to defend Ruff but the Sabres have tons of talent?

We should be like 4th-5th in the conference right now with the players we have, we get up for the best teams & lay down for the worst teams.

trapezeus
02-20-2013, 04:23 PM
when will they announce Lindy being getting his statue added to the front of the FNCenter to commerate players and coaches we loved that acheived nothing?

SkateZilla
02-20-2013, 05:04 PM
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=656649

Skooby
02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
We pulled another coach from out eastern NY, I see a pattern here.

mightysimi
02-20-2013, 05:38 PM
We should be like 4th-5th in the conference right now with the players we have, we get up for the best teams & lay down for the worst teams.

You think? I see a 1 and a half line, 3-4 d team and 1 goalie. That's it from what I see. No depth to win consistantly.

Skooby
02-20-2013, 05:44 PM
You think? I see a 1 and a half line, 3-4 d team and 1 goalie. That's it from what I see. No depth to win consistantly.

Leagues leading scorers are normally not on a last place team, nor can't our other players score as well. Stafford has been "Ruff"Ed up, with most of the team. Chemistry isn't for the scientists anymore. We had 5 on the ice after pulling the goalie & 7 players another time, it's coaching that's been embarrassing us for a while.

SpillerThrills
02-20-2013, 06:06 PM
What a birthday present for me!!!! Bitter sweet... as much as I liked Lindy, I'm glad he's gone..... it's been time to move on for a while now.

Skooby
02-20-2013, 06:09 PM
What a birthday present for me!!!! Bitter sweet... as much as I liked Lindy, I'm glad he's gone..... it's been time to move on for a while now.

Happy Brithday to you & a nice present for us all.

mightysimi
02-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Leagues leading scorers are normally not on a last place team, nor can't our other players score as well. Stafford has been "Ruff"Ed up, with most of the team. Chemistry isn't for the scientists anymore. We had 5 on the ice after pulling the goalie & 7 players another time, it's coaching that's been embarrassing us for a while.

Regardless of how inept Ruff was, I don't see the talent on the roster to be 4th or 5th in the conference like you had said. Stafford did it for 1 year. Lots of guys have had 1 good year. Who else other than Pomonville, Hodgson and Vanek is on that team that is any good? You have Myers, an aging Regher and I'm being generous with Erhoff. You have a goalie. That is all I see.

Crisis
02-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Too bad this happened after Kevin Dineen got the Florida job.

YardRat
02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
I liked Lindy a lot, and it's unfortunate that he had to go out this way, however, it has been obvious for a few seasons now that his tenure here had run it's course and it was time for a change.

Best of luck to him in the future.

Meathead
02-20-2013, 08:08 PM
for as many times as i made fun of ppl who were saying 'lindy has lost this team' i think this season he really did. most of the season and especially the last few games they have been coasting around like zombies most of the time. last night was just brutally bad, like they were drugged or something. if they were trying to look like they wanted to get him fired they couldnt have done a better job. it was like dead hockey team walking

i didnt want to see him go but it was time

gebobs
02-21-2013, 07:53 AM
Regardless of how inept Ruff was, I don't see the talent on the roster to be 4th or 5th in the conference like you had said. Stafford did it for 1 year. Lots of guys have had 1 good year. Who else other than Pomonville, Hodgson and Vanek is on that team that is any good? You have Myers, an aging Regher and I'm being generous with Erhoff. You have a goalie. That is all I see.
No team is stacked from top to bottom. LA and Boston have won Cups with no more talent than the Sabres. A good coach can win with this talent. The Sabres fail on fundamentals: conditioning, breakout, forecheck, passing. That's on Ruff.

PTI
02-21-2013, 09:09 AM
No team is stacked from top to bottom. LA and Boston have won Cups with no more talent than the Sabres. A good coach can win with this talent. The Sabres fail on fundamentals: conditioning, breakout, forecheck, passing. That's on Ruff.

They lose focus big time too, teams who lose give up goals early and late in periods, Sabres are constantly giving up goals in the first minute or 2 of a period and last minute or two of a period. Either he has the wrong players out there, that is being out coached, or his players are not focused, and that is coaching.

rbochan
02-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

gebobs
02-21-2013, 10:13 AM
They lose focus big time too, teams who lose give up goals early and late in periods, Sabres are constantly giving up goals in the first minute or 2 of a period and last minute or two of a period. Either he has the wrong players out there, that is being out coached, or his players are not focused, and that is coaching.
That's a good point. Early and late goals have been a plague this year. They are morale and momentum killers.

19 of the 56 goals scored against them have been within 2 minutes of the beginning or the end of the period (33% of the goals in 20% of game time).

And the games they have squandered...

* Fell behind 2-0 to the Canes. Rallied to tie it and then went flat and gave up 4 of the next 5 goals. I was at that garbage game. Enroth didn't help. He was a sieve.

* Got up early in the 3rd in the next game against Carolina and couldn't hold the lead. Carolina had 18 shots in the 3rd and 3 unanswered goals.

* Blew an early 1-0 lead to the Caps.

* After they were up 2-1, they rallied to tie the game at 3 against the Leafs only to have Fratten walk around the D and flip a wrister past Miller with 2 seconds left in OT.

* Up 3-1 on Florida and rolling along. Hit a wall and lost 4-3.

* Rally from 2 down to take a 3-2 lead in the 3rd against the Pens. Lose 4-3.