X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Interesting comment that suggests no Alex Smith

"The thing I look at, and I'm not trying to throw these guys under the bus, but you look at Alex Smith, Tim Couch, when they were coming out, everybody thought they were surefire picks and going to be great quarterbacks."

Doesnt seem like something youd say about your next QB
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Re: Interesting comment that suggests no Alex Smith

I don't take that as a slight against Alex Smith.

But it's common knowledge that Alex Smith has had more coordinators and HCs than just about any other QB in the last 3 years. Who would have guessed he wouldn't be successful? And it looked like the light turned on for him until he was hurt.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

"You're always rolling the dice with a quarterback" Sounds like a crapshoot to me.

Comment

• Kenny
        • Aug 2004

Not sold on him. I mean, how much of his 'success' had to do with a) the surrounding talent and more importantly b) the coaching staff. He looked terrible before Harbaugh came to town.

I just dont see him putting up points when they're needed vs. just managing the game and not doing stupid things.

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
          I don't take that as a slight against Alex Smith.

But it's common knowledge that Alex Smith has had more coordinators and HCs than just about any other QB in the last 3 years. Who would have guessed he wouldn't be successful? And it looked like the light turned on for him until he was hurt.

When a player goes from number 1 overall, to bust, to starting playoff QB and 70 cpt thrower, you expect him to be finally takin out of the bust catagory. But Whaley pretty much called him a bust. If Whaley thought highly of him, he wouldnt of put him in the same catagory as Couch.
          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
            • Sep 2008

Personally, I'd be wondering whether the Bills could even afford the contract of Alex Smith. Despite the release of some players, the Bills are just a couple of signed free agents away from being cap strapped. Fitzpatrick's contract has turned into the proverbial dead albatross around this team's neck. Whomever negotiated that contract on behalf of the Bills should have been fired along with Gailey. But, that's my opinion.

Comment

• Bert102176
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
              Personally, I'd be wondering whether the Bills could even afford the contract of Alex Smith. Despite the release of some players, the Bills are just a couple of signed free agents away from being cap strapped. Fitzpatrick's contract has turned into the proverbial dead albatross around this team's neck. Whomever negotiated that contract on behalf of the Bills should have been fired along with Gailey. But, that's my opinion.
              I don't think they should of been fired with Gailey I think they should he SHOT
              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Good, don't want anything to do with him anyway.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
                  Sanchez's contract is the dead albotross, Not Fitz's contract. His is more like a dead sparrow.

Comment

• JoeMama
                    Emotion Sickness
                    • Oct 2002

Absolutely do not want Alex Smith.

We've already had 13 uninterrupted years of dumpster fire QBs.

Unless John Harbaugh comes in a package deal, there's no point in signing Smith. And I don't care about all the BS excuses about his coordinators and all that. Dude's a wretch without a top 3 head coach in the NFL telling him what to do.
                    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

While I would be fine with Buffalo signing Alex Smith, I never really expected Buffalo to be his destination. Actually, I thought KC might try to acquire him. I think the 49ers want to do a trade if at all possible so they can get something out of it.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                        While I would be fine with Buffalo signing Alex Smith, I never really expected Buffalo to be his destination. Actually, I thought KC might try to acquire him. I think the 49ers want to do a trade if at all possible so they can get something out of it.
                        Of course they would like to trade him. But any team that makes that trade for Smith is STUPID.

Comment

Working...
                        X