X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fluteflakes
    • Jan 2013

Nick Foles

Chip says he's open to trade offers for him.

He's not as good as some of the "top" talents in this draft, but he's got what none of them have.

NFL experience. And if the price is right (3rd-4th rounder) I'd be willing to take a flier on him.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Nick Foles

Originally posted by fluteflakes View Post
    Chip says he's open to trade offers for him.

He's not as good as some of the "top" talents in this draft, but he's got what none of them have.

NFL experience. And if the price is right (3rd-4th rounder) I'd be willing to take a flier on him.
    If the Bills miss out on the QB they want, I think he would be an option after the draft. The Bills draft so high this year I would not give up more than a 4th in this draft.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

looks like the Eagles won't be parting with him.

There have been whisper about the Eagles trading Nick Foles. As far as any official offer or a set price for the quarterback, coach Chip Kelly hasn't heard a thing.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Fitzy has NFL experience. So does TJ. So let's go after 2nd to 3rd rate talent again. Seems legit.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Foles has some upside. I would rather take a chance on him then any other QB on the Bills roster today. Obviously not a guy you overspend for though.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Why would the Eagles take a 4th for him a year after they used a 3rd on him? He's not such a locker room cancer that they would need to deal him for anything, and with Vick you absolutely need a solid backup because he gets hurt so much.

As for more than that, I didn't want to spend a third on him last year and I don't this year either.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
              Why would the Eagles take a 4th for him a year after they used a 3rd on him? He's not such a locker room cancer that they would need to deal him for anything, and with Vick you absolutely need a solid backup because he gets hurt so much.

As for more than that, I didn't want to spend a third on him last year and I don't this year either.
              Foles does not fit Chip Kellys offense, that is the reason. If they can get even a 4th for him, they can use that to move up & draft a QB that does fit his system, with Vick holding down the fort for a year.

Comment

• fluteflakes
                • Jan 2013

There is a reason they signed Dennis Dixon.

Kelly wants a QB that's mobile and can run, HIS offense. Foles can move but he's not going to beat teams running. He's more of a pocket passer. And he has shown flashes of being a good player, and fits what we're trying to do offensively.

If the price is right I think it's more than worth a shot. He's young and could be the answer.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  Foles does not fit Chip Kellys offense, that is the reason. If they can get even a 4th for him, they can use that to move up & draft a QB that does fit his system, with Vick holding down the fort for a year.
                  Then he's going to go the way of Spurrier unless Kelly adapts to the modern NFL. The option is a useful play concept, but a risky one, and certainly you can't build an NFL offense around it the way he did in Oregon.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Kelly wants a QB that's mobile and can run, HIS offense. Foles can move but he's not going to beat teams running. He's more of a pocket passer. And he has shown flashes of being a good player, and fits what we're trying to do offensively.

If the price is right I think it's more than worth a shot. He's young and could be the answer.
                    I'm still waiting to see what running QB will win a Super Bowl. I'll admit I'm enamored with EJ Manuel but the more and more I think about it the more and more I shouldn't be as in the end it seems pocket passes end up winning more than not. See Flacco > Kaepernick, Kurt Warner > McNair, Bob Griese > Tarkenton. etc.
                    Last edited by The Jokeman; 02-21-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Then he's going to go the way of Spurrier unless Kelly adapts to the modern NFL. The option is a useful play concept, but a risky one, and certainly you can't build an NFL offense around it the way he did in Oregon.
                      The 49ers did pretty well with it this year as well as the Redskins & Seahawks.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        The 49ers did pretty well with it this year as well as the Redskins & Seahawks.
                        You mean the Redskins who blew out their QB's knee? It's a great play to run a few times a game, it keeps the defense from keying on your halfback and opens up running room. But Kelly's Oregon offense ran the option a lot. Like, multiple times per drive. You absolutely do not want to run your QBs nearly as much in the NFL. Here's why

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

You mean the Redskins who blew out their QB's knee? It's a great play to run a few times a game, it keeps the defense from keying on your halfback and opens up running room. But Kelly's Oregon offense ran the option a lot. Like, multiple times per drive. You absolutely do not want to run your QBs nearly as much in the NFL. Here's why

There have been MANY QB's that were injured in the pocket as well. Ask Joe Theisman.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

I would trade a 4th this year or a 3rd next year for him.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              I'm still waiting to see what running QB will win a Super Bowl. I'll admit I'm enamored with EJ Manuel but the more and more I think about it the more and more I shouldn't be as in the end it seems pocket passes end up winning more than not. See Flacco > Kaepernick, Kurt Warner > McNair, Bob Griese > Tarkenton. etc.
                              Ok so if Flacco was the 1st year starter and Kaepernick had 5 years under his belt the result would still be the same? The league is changing. You don't need a running QB but I think mobility is more and more helpful. That's why a guy like Andrew Luck will be the best QB in the league soon- he can throw from the pocket and roll out and away from pressure, take a run if the D plays man to man. Kaepernick is going to be great not just good, came damn close to winning that game. That's why I don't want to draft a pure pocket guy like a Glennon. I agree that the QB needs to be a passer first but I like a QB that doesn't have cement cleats.

Comment

Working...
                              X