1) Joeckel
2) Milliner
3) Floyd
4) Lotulelei
5) Jordan
6) Warmack
7) Geno
8) Kenny Vaccaro

Reasoning - Byrd no contract, Lost Wilson. Struggle defending NE and Gronk/Hernandez. He can blitz, cover and play the slot. great athlete...

ServoBillieves
02-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Please no.

Skooby
02-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Oh man.

T-Long
02-21-2013, 07:17 PM
this is why he is an EX GM.

The Jokeman
02-21-2013, 08:34 PM
If we take another S with a top 10 pick I might just give up my fandom to this team.

Pinkerton Security
02-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Considering most rankings barely have him in the Top 15 prospects, if we get him at this spot, well im just gonna snap.

JoeMama
02-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Ex GM of the Jets. Interesting Mock:

1) Joeckel
2) Milliner
3) Floyd
4) Lotulelei
5) Jordan
6) Warmack
7) Geno
8) Kenny Vaccaro

Reasoning - Byrd no contract, Lost Wilson. Struggle defending NE and Gronk/Hernandez. He can blitz, cover and play the slot. great athlete...

A defensive back. Of course.

Mike Tannenbaum's done his homework on our dumpster fire franchise.

We just can't help ourselves when it comes to DB's in the first round.

I better start dusting off my facepalm gifs for draft day.

TigerJ
02-21-2013, 10:24 PM
I don't want Vaccaro for the same reason I don't want Warmack. We'd be spending our highest draft pick to tred water, making little or no progress toward improving the team. It's not that they won't be great players. It's that they represent only modest upgrades over the players Buffalo would be losing, Byrd and Levitre. When I draft a guy that high in the first round, I want to be turning a weakness into a strength, not making a strength just a little stronger.

kingJofNYC
02-21-2013, 11:44 PM
They were ready to take Barron last year with the 10th pick. I said it a few times, Vaccarro is definitely in play with the 8th pick. Our safeties are Byrd, Searcy, and undrafted free agents.

Get used to the idea because its a possibility. Thankfully this draft is pretty deep at safety so they may be able to take one later, but they also have to draft a WR, LB, QB, and possibly a G. Not enough fingers to plug the holes.

coastal
02-22-2013, 12:35 AM
We r taking Tyler Wilson if he is available.

kishoph
02-22-2013, 04:42 AM
If Byrd doesn't get a contract, he'll be tagged and I also can see Aaron Williams moving over to safety.

Mahdi
02-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Byrd just being let go? Don't think so. Don't know how he came up with that.

kingJofNYC
02-22-2013, 07:56 AM
If Byrd doesn't get a contract, he'll be tagged and I also can see Aaron Williams moving over to safety.

That doesn't mean he can actually play the position.

I dont think they're taking a QB top ten, they missed their opportunity in the 2nd and 3rd rounds the last couple of years and are paying for it.

If they reach in the top ten they'll be paying for it again. Do like Wilson though.

coastal
02-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Byrd isn't going anywhere. He will be signed or tagged.

Levitre on the other hand...

DynaPaul
02-22-2013, 08:27 AM
And this mock just shows why Tannenbaum is clueless.

better days
02-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Byrd isn't going anywhere. He will be signed or tagged.

Levitre on the other hand...

......will be signed.

more cowbell
02-22-2013, 01:36 PM
This guy isn't even half the prospect that Mark Barron was...I don't care what anyone says. Plus...the Bills have had GREAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT luck with Texas players in recent memory.

jdbillsfan
02-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Gil Brandt has him at 18, but compares him favorably to Barron. I think the Bills will lock up Byrd, but right now he is a FA and this mock is as of right now. Not sure if Vaccaro can play SS, but without Byrd, the only Safety on the roster is Searcy. Not out of the question that safety is a need. Barron went high and actually had a good year.

18) Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
I think he's every bit as good as Mark Barron, who was picked seventh overall by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2012 and went on to have a very good rookie year. The tough Vaccaro is athletic enough to cover the slot receiver; he never slows down.

- - - Updated - - -

If he has a good combine, I could see him moving up.

kingJofNYC
02-22-2013, 03:36 PM
He's a better cover guy than Barron, absolutely no question about it, none whatsoever. Go watch what he did to Austin when they played WVU. Didn't matter though because their D still got torched all over the place. He's definitely not an in the box guy.

Having Byrd and Vaccaro can be a bit redundant, they're very similar players, though Byrd is more of a center fielder than Vaccaro. Vaccaro's more of a nickel/man safety than a deep half or middle of the field defender, but that doesn't mean he can't do it. Was asked to cover the slot guy a lot in the Texas system, and he was exceptional at it.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Totally off base. Wow so out of touch.

SABURZFAN
02-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Ex GM of the Jets. Interesting Mock:

1) Joeckel
2) Milliner
3) Floyd
4) Lotulelei
5) Jordan
6) Warmack
7) Geno
8) Kenny Vaccaro

if the draft were to shake down like this, i would think that BPA would be Bjoern Werner- DE and the Bills take him. JMO.