PDA

View Full Version : Myers needs to be traded, time to gut this pig

Skooby
02-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Tyler can't play good anymore, he looks lost & out of place. Trade him for something & get some type of value, he's useless.

Skooby
02-21-2013, 08:31 PM
These guys were tough to watch tonight. If standing around wins you games, then the Sabres are Stanley Cup bound.

gebobs
02-21-2013, 09:04 PM
That giveaway in the 3rd was brutal, but far and away the worst defenseman tonight was Brennan. He is a total puss.

- - - Updated - - -

These guys were tough to watch tonight. If standing around wins you games, then the Sabres are Stanley Cup bound.
Yeah, wasn't that grand waltz by JVR during our PP lovely.

OpIv37
02-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Who's gonna take Myerss' cap hit with the way he plays now?

Skooby
02-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Who's gonna take Myerss' cap hit with the way he plays now?

We could talk somebody into it if the compensation was minimal, he simply sucks.

gebobs
02-22-2013, 01:16 AM
I am not ready to give up on Myers. Take it for what it's worth. I wasn't ready to give up on Ruff up until last year.

chernobylwraiths
02-22-2013, 06:00 AM
Yeah, what is he 23 already? How come he isn't Nicholas Lidstrom?

chernobylwraiths
02-22-2013, 06:02 AM
http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/c/charazd01.html

I believe Myers will be fine. He still has to grow.

coastal
02-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Miller is the one who needs to be traded. Stock up on draft picks and prospects.

trapezeus
02-22-2013, 07:42 AM
he may be terrible this year, but i think it's still going to click for him. he needs a steady partner. and like op said, with that contract, he's not going anywhere soon.

i think miller is the guy who leaves at the deadline. he's in final year, he's good enough to want to be on a team with a chance as he's in his 30's. the sabres are clearly in rebuild mode.

i love having two 3 year projects going on at the same time. Time to be a buffalo fan? 2016.

OpIv37
02-22-2013, 07:51 AM

It's not the age. It's that in 3 seasons, he went from great to pretty bad to ****ing terrible. The steady regression is disconcerting at any age. A guy that young should be steadily improving, not dramatically regressing.

trapezeus
02-22-2013, 08:18 AM
he needs to be paired with a shot blocking stud so that he can feel comfortable pushing the offense.when he's asked to be a stay at home guy, he doesn't have it.

Skooby
02-22-2013, 08:35 AM
he needs to be paired with a shot blocking stud so that he can feel comfortable pushing the offense.when he's asked to be a stay at home guy, he doesn't have it.

Shaky play everywhere on the ice is a self-confidence issue, Ruff must of bled over on him or told him you're my guy.

chernobylwraiths
02-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Miller is the one who needs to be traded. Stock up on draft picks and prospects.

and hope we can find another decent goalie in the next ten years

chernobylwraiths
02-22-2013, 08:41 AM
It's not the age. It's that in 3 seasons, he went from great to pretty bad to ****ing terrible. The steady regression is disconcerting at any age. A guy that young should be steadily improving, not dramatically regressing.

I think we need to see more than one game with a new "teaching" coach to see if he progesses.

gebobs
02-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Concur. Look at Chara. He sucked until he was traded to Ottawa.

gebobs
02-22-2013, 09:05 AM
I've been bucking the "Miller blows" bandwagon for years. I've been tempted to get on. But really the team gives him no support whatsoever. After the first period, scoring chances must have been like 20-2 in favor of the Leafs.

And if we chuck Miller, who do we turn to? Enroth? Hell no. He's tiny and he has not developed at all. Are we going to go homeboy with Leggio? He'll be in the ECHL within 2 years.

SkateZilla
02-22-2013, 09:11 AM
its the "Shortcuts" man.. the Shortcuts......

coastal
02-22-2013, 11:01 AM
I've been bucking the "Miller blows" bandwagon for years. I've been tempted to get on. But really the team gives him no support whatsoever. After the first period, scoring chances must have been like 20-2 in favor of the Leafs.

And if we chuck Miller, who do we turn to? Enroth? Hell no. He's tiny and he has not developed at all. Are we going to go homeboy with Leggio? He'll be in the ECHL within 2 years.
Hey man... The Sabres are two points from the bottom of the whole ****ing league. We aren't going anywhere this year and likely next.

if you can get a draft pick and a prospect from a team looking to make a run... Make it so.

find your goalie another way right now.

trapezeus
02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
miller's contract it up this year, no?
i say trade him and get loaded on picks and prospects

if not, you know he's leaving for nothing. he's not going to want to start over at his age.

Skooby
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
i say trade him and get loaded on picks and prospects

if not, you know he's leaving for nothing. he's not going to want to start over at his age.

The problem is there is such a talent drop from the top 15 to the last players in the first round, it'd be hard to get value. Maybe a real center & a 1st round pick then I can see it.

trapezeus
02-22-2013, 12:30 PM
top center and a goalie prospect. sabres can't trade miller without getting a goalie who can wear the sweater and play in thefollowing week. we don't have anyone out there.

Crisis
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
I'd be down to send Miller to St. Louis for Halak+

Trading Myers right now is beyond idiotic. You don't sell low on young potential franchise d-men.

Skooby
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
I'd be down to send Miller to St. Louis for Halak+

Trading Myers right now is beyond idiotic. You don't sell low on young potential franchise d-men.

He went from pretty good to no good over the past few years, what exactly is selling you on the idea he's going to improve ? His repuatation ?

gebobs
02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Next year.

Crisis
02-22-2013, 01:49 PM
He went from pretty good to no good over the past few years, what exactly is selling you on the idea he's going to improve ? His repuatation ?

He just turned 23 at the beginning of this month. If you want to remove the garbage from the team get rid of Leopold, Gerbe, Stafford, Leino, Brennan or any of the other bums taking up a spot.

You don't give up on a young defense man who has shown as much as Myers has in the past, especially after you sign him to a big deal... and you sure as hell don't trade him when his value is at its lowest.

Trading Myers now unless it's for an amazing package is the definition of a stupid knee-jerk reaction.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Trading Myers is one of the dumbest ideas I have read on this site in A LONG TIME.

They guy has shown he can be an absolute game changer. I understand he stinks right now.

Not saying this will hold true for Myers but remember Chara's first couple seasons? He was 10x worse than Myers. The Islanders and then the S
Sens gave up on him and truly lost out.

I would be up for trading pretty much anyone on the roster outside of Myers.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2013, 04:14 PM
He just turned 23 at the beginning of this month. If you want to remove the garbage from the team get rid of Leopold, Gerbe, Stafford, Leino, Brennan or any of the other bums taking up a spot.

You don't give up on a young defense man who has shown as much as Myers has in the past, especially after you sign him to a big deal... and you sure as hell don't trade him when his value is at its lowest.

Trading Myers now unless it's for an amazing package is the definition of a stupid knee-jerk reaction.
100% agree! This town is filled with knee JERKS!!!! I guess I understand why because everything has backfired for god knows how long now but I will not be a party to this trade Myers idiocy.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2013, 04:17 PM

How about my eyes personally see him be a beast and take over the game.

What is selling me on the idea is that he is a young kid still. Kids tend to become more mature as they become adults.

My honest opinion is that he is out of shape. That is unacceptable but certainly something he can change going forward.

Skooby
02-22-2013, 05:12 PM
How about my eyes personally see him be a beast and take over the game.

What is selling me on the idea is that he is a young kid still. Kids tend to become more mature as they become adults.

My honest opinion is that he is out of shape. That is unacceptable but certainly something he can change going forward.

We're pretty good at making excuses for people that regress in their play, it's a Buffalo tradition.

clumping platelets
02-23-2013, 05:32 AM
Pominville, Stafford, Brennan, Leopold, Gerbe, Hecht, and Sulzer gone after this season or traded at the deadline

Re-sign Regehr for one year as a #5 or #6 D-man and Scott for 1 yr as well

Buy out Leino

I proposed Pominville, Brennan, and 3rd rd 2013 for ROR and G prospect Pickard on HF Boards

Stafford to Wild for pick and prospect

Leopold to ? for pick and/or prospect

Gerbe on waivers (trade if possible) and bring back McCormick

Hecht and Sulzer can be let go as FAs after the season

Sign a FA D-man and make a run at one of the premier F UFAs

mightysimi
02-23-2013, 12:51 PM
First off, for those wanting to trade Miller, who would want him at this point? Or more realistically, who would want to give up what you want for him? Tampa maybe. Everyone who is good is relatively set at goalie or tied up in a bad contract which you won't want back.

Trade a 23 year old d man when he isn't playing good. How will that net you any sort of return that you want?

Skooby
02-23-2013, 12:58 PM
First off, for those wanting to trade Miller, who would want him at this point? Or more realistically, who would want to give up what you want for him? Tampa maybe. Everyone who is good is relatively set at goalie or tied up in a bad contract which you won't want back.

Trade a 23 year old d man when he isn't playing good. How will that net you any sort of return that you want?

Addition by subtraction, have you watched him play?

mightysimi
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Admittedly no, I have been at sea this whole month without our sat tv working. But I have seen what he is capable of. However, you aren't good now, you aren't going to be good if you trade him, but do you really want to trade someone that could turn into a stud Dman? Why not let him grow while you guys are not good and see. The Chara comparison has already been made. Most D men don't come into their own until a little later. Mark Staal comes to mind. He was hanging out in the minors while his forward brothers were in the NHL. After a few years of seasoning, he is now a premiere dman in the leage. I don't think you get better by trading him.

Edit: I just checked my facts and he was sent back to junior not the minors but you get my meaning.

Skooby
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Admittedly no, I have been at sea this whole month without our sat tv working. But I have seen what he is capable of. However, you aren't good now, you aren't going to be good if you trade him, but do you really want to trade someone that could turn into a stud Dman? Why not let him grow while you guys are not good and see. The Chara comparison has already been made. Most D men don't come into their own until a little later. Mark Staal comes to mind. He was hanging out in the minors while his forward brothers were in the NHL. After a few years of seasoning, he is now a premiere dman in the leage. I don't think you get better by trading him.

Edit: I just checked my facts and he was sent back to junior not the minors but you get my meaning.

You bring up some very valid points, thank you for your service.

Skooby
03-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Myers is totally lost, WTF happened to him ??

mightysimi
03-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Maybe he just needs a few games playing against 2nd and 3rd liners instead of being the top pair?

sukie
03-07-2013, 11:56 AM
and hope we can find another decent goalie in the next ten years

All you need is a decent goalie.

Skooby
03-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Darcy needs to get a pink slip & start trading our supposed talent. I want the best shot at the first pick.

PTI
03-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Myers trade talk making its way up.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sabres-tyler-myers-trading-block-145511044--nhl.html

Sabres’ Tyler Myers on the trading block?
When someone writes that Tyler Myers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4485)’ name is “out there” for a trade, it speaks to the bloody carcass that are the Buffalo Sabres (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/buf), with the vulture circling. But not necessarily a desire to move him.
It’s hard to imagine GM Darcy Regier actively shopping Myers; it’s equally hard to imagine Regier would be allowed to make such a deal as what we all assume (hope?) is a lame duck GM.

SkateZilla
03-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Myers Numbers started going up when Lindy was relieved.

Whatever system he had, obviously didnt work on defense.

Dude
03-25-2013, 03:33 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sabres-tyler-myers-trading-block-145511044--nhl.html

When someone writes that Tyler Myers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4485)’ name is “out there” for a trade, it speaks to the bloody carcass that are the Buffalo Sabres (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/buf), with the vulture circling. But not necessarily a desire to move him.
It’s hard to imagine GM Darcy Regier actively shopping Myers; it’s equally hard to imagine Regier would be allowed to make such a deal as what we all assume (hope?) is a lame duck GM.Please stop with the copy/pasting of entire articles.

Skooby
03-25-2013, 06:44 PM

It’s hard to imagine GM Darcy Regier actively shopping Myers; it’s equally hard to imagine Regier would be allowed to make such a deal as what we all assume (hope?) is a lame duck GM.

This is a move that should of been made when we got rid of Ruff, Myers is good for 2-3 give aways a game.

SkateZilla
03-26-2013, 09:24 AM
And Pominville isnt?

Skooby
03-26-2013, 10:23 AM
And Pominville isnt?

Pominville gives it up more in the neutral zone, Myers does it more in the defensive zone. Myers turnovers in the defensive zone are much more likely to result in a negative play for the Sabres.

SkateZilla
03-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Poms Gives up SH breakaways.

There's no point to him being on the Point...

Put Two DMEN there, and let them pass like a normal Line, and not have poms on the point and decide he wants to go low, or fan on a pass and just stand there as the other team gets a breakaway.

Skooby
03-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Rob Ray just called Myers out for being out there too long, he's uncoachable thanks to Ruff.

Skooby
03-31-2013, 05:56 AM
Gutting time:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/15925033.php?contentType=4&contentId=12708418

DetDannyWilliams
03-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Gutting time:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/15925033.php?contentType=4&contentId=12708418

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/217930-Darcy-says-that-Sabres-not-done-trading

mightysimi
03-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Rob Ray just called Myers out for being out there too long, he's uncoachable thanks to Ruff.

anymore than 7 minutes of ice time would seem long for Ray

SkateZilla
03-31-2013, 11:42 PM
Sekera had a bad game,.

JoeMama
04-01-2013, 12:02 AM
If I was 6' 8" I'd be shooting foul shots in the NBA.

Not awkwardly slinking around the ice ruining my team's chance to win.

Tyler Myers is mentally ruined. I've never seen such a rapid descent into sub-mediocrity.

Mouldsie
04-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Darcy needs to stop drafting guys with his own personality

SkateZilla
04-01-2013, 07:57 AM
Poms had a ****ty Game 2.... he gave up more SH Opportunities than he had PP Opportunities.

We met the same fate as teh Caps...

Towards the end of the 3rd...we just ran out of gas...