• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gebobs
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
    • Sep 2003

Wanna enjoy the game? Get stoned.

That's what I did. I actually enjoyed it until Hecht's bonehead delay penalty and the subsequent goal. They played better than average for the year tonight. And all that does is underline how bad they have been on average because they sucked moose balls tonight.

* The goalie interference call on Porter was horsecrap. It was incidental contact, he was being run into Scrivens, and you have to give the guy some leeway when the goalie is 4 feet in front of the crease. It was an obvious makeup call for Kaleta's run.

* TJ Brennan played 11:26. He only sucked for about 10:37. He was a complete f@g for the whole game though.

* Regehr has a lousy lousy shot.

* I loved how Razor and Jeannerette were talking about goalie consistency. Razor says the Sabres need it to, but Jeannerette toes the company line and says something about "present company excluded" obviously referring to Miller. Good for Razor though. These guys are not near hard enough on the team. That was a welcome change, brief as it was.

* Same ****, different day. What were we saying in another thread today? Sabres give up a lot of goals at the beginning and end of the period and have blown games because they can't put in a full 3 period effort. Tonight they give up 2 more early/late goals when they sleepwalk through the 2nd period and blow a game that they should have led 5-0 after the first. That makes 21 of 59 goals against scored within 2 minutes of either end of each period, 36% of the goals in 20% of game time.

* Why is Hodson on the PK? He is a LIABILITY in his own end and what more proof do you need than that bozo move flipping an easy clear off Pominville's skates giving the puck right back to them for a dink dunk setup for Phaneuf's one-timer. Hodson has some good skills but they are not on defense.

* Why do they ever bother lining Ennis up at center? He gets thrown out of 75% of the faceoffs and loses 3/4 of the rest. I think he was 1/7 tonight.

* That was a nice move by Kessel on JVR's goal. Sulzer and Miller both bit on the fake shot big time.

* Porter...looked ok, but he doesn't have half the talent that Coho does. Please, no more about Porter centering for Vanek. 2 critical penalties by Porter tonight. The goalie int was a cheap call. The trip was legit.

* Nice to see Gerbe show some spunk against Phaneuf. That's all he showed though. He's just not going to amount to much in the pros.

* Jochen Hecht blows totally. He sucked the whole game but that wasn't enough. He had to seal the award for the Carubba Crap Player of the Game with that delay.

* Will someone please tell Ryan Miller to stop playing the puck. Invariably, it ends up in the other team's possession.

* I was captivated, utterly enchanted, by that beautiful waltz that JVR put on for display as he wheeled around the Buffalo end twice during our PP, killing off about 25 seconds and getting a nice scoring opportunity.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Wanna enjoy the game? Get stoned.

Don't get high off your own supply, lol.

Comment

• rbochan
      Zamboni Driver
      • Jun 2008

I hope no one expects a total metamorphosis over night. Rolston has been handed a **** sandwich with the instructions: Spice it up and see if you can make it smell and taste better.
      I’m looking forward to seeing a young mind behind the bench and I’m more than glad to give him time. He’s got a big job ahead of him.
      I wonder if a guy like Stafford can change a lifetime of lazy habits.
      It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.
      ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
      it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

I recommend getting stoned and slowly sipping pisco sours.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Ennis on the face off bothers me too.

He always tries to lean his shoulder into his opponent, a clear attempt to make up for his small stature and get leverage. The problem is that in order for this to work, he has to time it perfectly. If he's a half second early, he goes flying into the other guy before the puck is dropped and gets tossed. If he's a half second too late, he loses the draw. If he times it right, he looks awesome for besting someone twice his size, but it seems like that only happens 10% of the time.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by rbochan View Post
            I hope no one expects a total metamorphosis over night.
            I sure don't. This season is in the books for all intents and purposes. We saw what the team had last night...precious little. Now to see what Rolston has.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• PTI
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

Ott was somehow 9 of 9 on faceoffs. Ennis needs to be on Wing. He was 1 for 7.

Sabres did have a new entrance on the PP. It was not a the drop back they have done for years to Afinogenov, Derek Roy, and Ennis among others at the Center Ice line, they had a weave pass to the Center to guys like Vanek and had them bring the puck in. The first PP sucked awful.

I am interested to see how this will work.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                That's what I did. I actually enjoyed it until Hecht's bonehead delay penalty and the subsequent goal. They played better than average for the year tonight. And all that does is underline how bad they have been on average because they sucked moose balls tonight.

* The goalie interference call on Porter was horsecrap. It was incidental contact, he was being run into Scrivens, and you have to give the guy some leeway when the goalie is 4 feet in front of the crease. It was an obvious makeup call for Kaleta's run.

* TJ Brennan played 11:26. He only sucked for about 10:37. He was a complete f@g for the whole game though.

* Regehr has a lousy lousy shot.

* I loved how Razor and Jeannerette were talking about goalie consistency. Razor says the Sabres need it to, but Jeannerette toes the company line and says something about "present company excluded" obviously referring to Miller. Good for Razor though. These guys are not near hard enough on the team. That was a welcome change, brief as it was.

* Same ****, different day. What were we saying in another thread today? Sabres give up a lot of goals at the beginning and end of the period and have blown games because they can't put in a full 3 period effort. Tonight they give up 2 more early/late goals when they sleepwalk through the 2nd period and blow a game that they should have led 5-0 after the first. That makes 21 of 59 goals against scored within 2 minutes of either end of each period, 36% of the goals in 20% of game time.

* Why is Hodson on the PK? He is a LIABILITY in his own end and what more proof do you need than that bozo move flipping an easy clear off Pominville's skates giving the puck right back to them for a dink dunk setup for Phaneuf's one-timer. Hodson has some good skills but they are not on defense.

* Why do they ever bother lining Ennis up at center? He gets thrown out of 75% of the faceoffs and loses 3/4 of the rest. I think he was 1/7 tonight.

* That was a nice move by Kessel on JVR's goal. Sulzer and Miller both bit on the fake shot big time.

* Porter...looked ok, but he doesn't have half the talent that Coho does. Please, no more about Porter centering for Vanek. 2 critical penalties by Porter tonight. The goalie int was a cheap call. The trip was legit.

* Nice to see Gerbe show some spunk against Phaneuf. That's all he showed though. He's just not going to amount to much in the pros.

* Jochen Hecht blows totally. He sucked the whole game but that wasn't enough. He had to seal the award for the Carubba Crap Player of the Game with that delay.

* Will someone please tell Ryan Miller to stop playing the puck. Invariably, it ends up in the other team's possession.

* I was captivated, utterly enchanted, by that beautiful waltz that JVR put on for display as he wheeled around the Buffalo end twice during our PP, killing off about 25 seconds and getting a nice scoring opportunity.

Both penalties on Porter were dives..

Scriven's practically did a double axle, Porter's left foot, never touched him, ref that called it, wasnt even looking at the play, he saw scrivy's figure skatign and Porter's RIGHT foot get knocked out of position, and thought he had hit Scrivens.. even if he did, Scrivens was a good foot and a half out of the blue, and Porter was driven to him by the Toronto Dman.

The "tripping" penalty, was bull too... OMG there's a stick by my feet, lemme dive and sit on my ass with my arms up.

You can always tell what's a legit trip or a dive by what happens after they fall, if they fall and sit there pouting 90% of the time they dove.

Agree about CoHo/PK/defense.

But I same can be said for Poms, I cringe when he's on the Point of the PP too....
                Last edited by SkateZilla; 02-22-2013, 09:08 AM.
                Skate Zilla
                -----------------------
                Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• PTI
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

Hodgson gives almost no effort back checking when the Sabres are on the Power Play, he just about about lets guys waltz up down the ice next to him.

Comment

Working...
                  X