PDA

View Full Version : Would Tyrann 'Honey Badger' Mathieu be worth a pick?

AJ Young
02-24-2013, 06:06 AM
He obviously has some huge off field problems but he was a talented playmaker at LSU and christ knows we need help at cornerback. Can our locker room handle him? Thoughts, opinions?

http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/The-Honey-Badger-Problem

YardRat
02-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Somebody will take a chance on him earlier than the seventh...New England, Dallas...maybe SF as you alluded to in your article. We don't have the luxury to run the risk, IMO, unless he gets by-passed altogether and has to go the UDFA route, and even then the competition will become much stiffer.

DraftBoy
02-24-2013, 11:58 AM
No thanks for me, never was impressed with his coverage ability. He's a nice hitter, but he's an undersized in the box safety.

Bmax
02-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Decent work out today at combine.. likely 2nd to 3rd pick...Deion loves him..

IlluminatusUIUC
02-26-2013, 04:46 PM
5th round at earliest, but sure why not?

fluteflakes
02-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Take a 5th or later round flyer, I think it'd be a great move. Hell I think here might actually be the best place for him, considering we lack the sheer derth of drugs that the south, and New Orleans especially, has.

But no earlier than a 5th. Way too many character red flags. Isn't a corner at this level either, is either a NB at best, or IMO where he'd best fit is the Charles Woodson type role of Edge Blitzer and covering the smaller guys. Has innate hitting ability and good balls skills and he'd be worth a 5th rounder because of his special return skills alone, though.

Night Train
02-27-2013, 05:22 AM
5-8 3/4, 182 lbs. with below average speed and the maturity level of a 7 year old.

I'VE HEARD OF HIM !

k-oneputt
02-27-2013, 07:29 AM
He will get drafted. My guess is in the 4th or 5th rd. The kid makes plays plain and simple, and that can't be denied.
It will be some team that will overlook his off the field issues., which means he will not be on the Bills draft list. Watch him end up with Belichick and he can torture the Bills for the next couple of years.
Would you rather have Mathieu or Justin Rogers as the 4th cb ?

ICRockets
02-28-2013, 04:16 PM
I can't take anyone seriously who says they wouldn't pick him in the 4th or beyond. Especially after the Rams struck gold with Janoris Jenkins, you have to know at this point that passing on pure talent is unforgivable.

Night Train
03-03-2013, 04:35 AM
The...the...the...Honey Badger ! Anyone who's 5-8 3/4 175... out of football over a year with a drug background is a great idea ! I've heard of him !

k-oneputt
03-03-2013, 08:58 AM
We can always go with" the fine young man" from some small school like Richmond.
The problem with that is the hidden"gems" that we find all suck and can't play.
But we have a "smarter then everyone else" scouting dept and they find these great players.
Haven't you been watching all of them the last ten years ?

SABURZFAN
03-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Night Train has heard of him so why not?

Cali512
03-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Once you get passed the 3rd round, everyones a crap shoot. Say you spend a 4th on him. Ok, well we end up with a playmaker from college who can be great if he keeps his head clear. Same ammount of risk reward as if we got a Yale QB with a perfect GPA and no off the field issues. Even if hes great but runs into off the field issues then we still got good gametime out of a player, which is all you can expect sometimes past the 3rd.