• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Official: Bills will not tender David Nelson

It flashed by me on TV, so I thought WTF?
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Looks like Nelson is not going to be tendered

Our best slot receiver/great find not being tendered by the Bills? The guy who can run routes and has the size/ability to do top 3 talent on any National Football League team won't be tendered by the Buffalo Bills?

Here's my astonished face.

Seriously, this is a straw for me. It's not the final straw, but if you can get some legit information on this and prove it, then damn... I have plenty of reasons to be pissed. And please, anyone who wants to say "zomg not a big deal", Nelson is a great player. Please jump stats on me after he missed an entire season and is readily chomping at the bit to get back on the roster. He is almost always open.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• streetkings01
      • Jul 2006

Nelson fit Gaileys system........Marrone may not see him as a fit. I believe TJ Graham is the only WR on the roster drafted by the Bills higher then 7th. Hopefully this means we'll add a FA WR and rookie to come in and compete. My guess is Nelson ends up a Patriot since The Hoodie wanted to sign him as a RUFA a couple years back.
      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

Maybe they will try to re-sign him for less than his tendered amount would have been?

Perhaps they are worries that his ACL injury might effect his play.

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          It flashed by me on TV, so I thought WTF?
          His tender offer would be 1.3 million, so we'll probably let him hit the market.

But I wouldn't be shocked if we re-signed him to the vet minimum shortly after free agency begins.

The Buffalo Bills are not expected to tender restricted free-agent WR David Nelson (knee), who missed all but one game last season due to a knee injury. Nelson is expected to be healthy, but a tender offer would be $1.3 million, and the team is struggling with the salary cap.

MORE
          FWIW the dude's not a bad ball player.

Good route runner, finds soft spots in coverage, and converted some important first downs when healthy.

Definitely a step up from most of the scrubs on our roster.

Not a deal breaker if he goes though. Either way.
          Last edited by JoeMama; 02-22-2013, 07:54 PM.
          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

I was kinda of shocked to a point but the reality of the matter is we have a gameplan & whatever these guys decide I'll support, even though my initial thoughts betray this.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

If you read between the lines after seeing the team not tender nelson (if jason cole's report is true) or Jones it would tell you the team is more than likely drafting a receiver very high and are probably going to be major players in FA after at least one top tier receiver.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

I like him, and I think they should at least toss the right of first refusal tender on him. At least they'd know what his market value was before he's signed off.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

I think we may be trying to tank the season.

Comment

• streetkings01
                    • Jul 2006

Why do I keep seeing reports that our salary cap is a mess? Are these reporters looking up old cap numbers from 2001? Aren't we under the cap close to $20mill?
                    You can call me streetkings

Comment

• JoeMama
                      Emotion Sickness
                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                      Why do I keep seeing reports that our salary cap is a mess? Are these reporters looking up old cap numbers from 2001? Aren't we under the cap close to $20mill?
                      For real, it's become a factoid. Even KFFL characterized our cap situation as a "mess."

Apparently having $20 million in free cap space constitutes cap hell now. If that's cap hell, I'll have some more please.
                      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                        For real, it's become a factoid. Even KFFL characterized our cap situation as a "mess."

Apparently having $20 million in free cap space constitutes cap hell now. If that's cap hell, I'll have some more please.
                        We do have some bad contracts and high priced free agents, but I think we are in a very good position.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                          I like him, and I think they should at least toss the right of first refusal tender on him. At least they'd know what his market value was before he's signed off.
                          $1.3 mil more to put toward Levitre's contract, right?

I like Nelson, and he has proven to be an effective slot receiver, especially in the red zone. Hopefully they end up working something out.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jimbohastle51 View Post
                            If you read between the lines after seeing the team not tender nelson (if jason cole's report is true) or Jones it would tell you the team is more than likely drafting a receiver very high and are probably going to be major players in FA after at least one top tier receiver.
                            I'm sure a guy like Dwayne Bowe is champing at the bit to catch passes from Ryan Fitzpatrick and/or Tarvaris Jackson.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                              Originally posted by JoeMama View Post

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              We do have some bad contracts and high priced free agents, but I think we are in a very good position.
                              I would bet the team isn't as flush as some have indicated or would like to think, but also probably not as bad as others have recently made it out to be.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X