PDA

View Full Version : Everybody says trade down

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2013, 09:32 AM
We're all draft experts here and say we should just trade down. Well, it takes another team who wants to trade UP for this to work. I don't see any MUST HAVE player that teams will be fighting to trade up just to get him.

And when was the last time the Bills traded down in the draft? Anyone remembers? Not.

Chances are, we'll sit there at #8 and take a player we want/need. If it means reaching for a Locker/Ponder type QB because we need a QB, so be it. Better than going into round 2 and have just crap to choose from, then end up going with Fitz/Jackson for another hopeless and wasted season.

Joe Fo Sho
02-25-2013, 09:37 AM
We're all draft experts here and say we should just trade down. Well, it takes another team who wants to trade UP for this to work. I don't see any MUST HAVE player that teams will be fighting to trade up just to get him.

And when was the last time the Bills traded down in the draft? Anyone remembers? Not.

Chances are, we'll sit there at #8 and take a player we want/need. If it means reaching for a Locker/Ponder type QB because we need a QB, so be it. Better than going into round 2 and have just crap to choose from, then end up going with Fitz/Jackson for another hopeless and wasted season.

If you're going by the Bills draft history, which it seems like you are, then that statement is questionable.

Bill Cody
02-25-2013, 09:59 AM

This could be the year we break the mold and move down to draft a QB. Nix knows he needs a QB badly. But he also knows it's expensive to draft a player 25-35 spots ahead of where you have him rated. And after the Jets at 9 there's not going to be a team that's going to overpay for a QB. You're right he has to find trade partners. But he only needs one at a time. It can probably be done if he wants to do it. The value spot for a QB is right at the end of the 1st round. Nix likes to let the draft come to him but if there was ever a year for him to do an impression of Jimmy Johnson or Bill Bellichick this is it.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 10:01 AM

No, it's not.

Regardless of position, we have to get #8 value out of the #8 pick.

A major reason why the Bills have sucked for the last decade is poor first round draft choices. Picking the wrong guy with a top 10 pick sets a franchise back two or 3 years, as we've seen first hand more times than we like to admit.

The Bills needing a QB does not guarantee that one will be available at 8. And this season is hopeless and wasted regardless of QB.

better days
02-25-2013, 10:12 AM
No, it's not.

Regardless of position, we have to get #8 value out of the #8 pick.

A major reason why the Bills have sucked for the last decade is poor first round draft choices. Picking the wrong guy with a top 10 pick sets a franchise back two or 3 years, as we've seen first hand more times than we like to admit.

The Bills needing a QB does not guarantee that one will be available at 8. And this season is hopeless and wasted regardless of QB.

Picking the wrong guy in the top 10 especially a QB set teams back 2-3 years in the PAST. Not anymore. With the new CBA it is much easier to cut bait on a bad pick. I think value is a bunch of CRAP. You either get a guy that is good when you pick or you don't, PERIOD.

Night Train
02-25-2013, 10:14 AM
If Levitre breaks the bank with another team, then we should pick one of those 3 stud LT's ( Joeckel,Fisher,Johnson ) and move Glenn inside. If we pass on one of those 3 for some raw QB at #8, I'll already know where the next 2-3 years are going.

I'll give Marrone the benefit of the doubt.. but Nix is still here (why?) trying to right his past mistakes with Gailey and Fitz. He shouldn't be the final voice on this pick and may be trying to force a QB on us to clean up his legacy. Hope I'm wrong.

mrbojanglezs
02-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Saying trade down is a cop out without any additional scenarios behind it to back it up

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Picking the wrong guy in the top 10 especially a QB set teams back 2-3 years in the PAST. Not anymore. With the new CBA it is much easier to cut bait on a bad pick. I think value is a bunch of CRAP. You either get a guy that is good when you pick or you don't, PERIOD.

Uhhhh CBA has nothing to do with it.

If you are picking at 8 it's because you suck. If you pick the wrong guy, you still suck and will be picking at 8 again in 2-3 years because you failed to make the team better.

Joe Fo Sho
02-25-2013, 10:21 AM

You don't see that there are different levels of playing ability? Good, great, exceptional, average, awful, bad, terrible, Maybin?

better days
02-25-2013, 10:30 AM

If you are picking at 8 it's because you suck. If you pick the wrong guy, you still suck and will be picking at 8 again in 2-3 years because you failed to make the team better.

Even if you miss on the first pick, if you hit on the rest of the draft, the team will improve. In the past because of the high money paid to draft picks, teams were forced to keep picks for an extra couple years when it was clear they SUCKED. With the new CBA, that is no longer the case.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Even if you miss on the first pick, if you hit on the rest of the draft, the team will improve. In the past because of the high money paid to draft picks, teams were forced to keep picks for an extra couple years when it was clear they SUCKED. With the new CBA, that is no longer the case.
Not true.
There are more players and better players available early in the draft.

Sure, you can find talent later in the draft and busts in the top 10, but generally speaking, it's easier to find that top talent early. It's stupid to go into the draft thinking "we will reach for a QB at 8 because we can cut him in 2 years if it doesn't work and find talent later in the draft."

They have to go into it thinking "which player can we take that is the most likely to bring the most improvement to the team?" It may be a QB, but with this class, I highly doubt it.

better days
02-25-2013, 10:44 AM
Not true.
There are more players and better players available early in the draft.

Sure, you can find talent later in the draft and busts in the top 10, but generally speaking, it's easier to find that top talent early. It's stupid to go into the draft thinking "we will reach for a QB at 8 because we can cut him in 2 years if it doesn't work and find talent later in the draft."

They have to go into it thinking "which player can we take that is the most likely to bring the most improvement to the team?" It may be a QB, but with this class, I highly doubt it.

What I said is VERY TRUE. I did not say draft a player a #8 thinking we can cut him in 2 years. BUT if you do miss on a player you can cut him after TC if need be. There are many pro bowl type players that have been drafted in later rnds. Just look at Tom Brady. He is just an example, but if you look at the HOF you will find MANY players not drafted in the first rnd.

DesertFox24
02-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Only trade down option would be if Eric Fisher is on the board some team will want to leap frog the jets.

Personally I have no issue with trading down as this draft lacks elite top end difference makers in the top 15, but it is loaded with solid starters in rounds 2, 3, and 4.

Joe Fo Sho
02-25-2013, 10:46 AM
What I said is VERY TRUE. I did not say draft a player a #8 thinking we can cut him in 2 years. BUT if you do miss on a player you can cut him after TC if need be. There are many pro bowl type players that have been drafted in later rnds. Just look at Tom Brady. He is just an example, but if you look at the HOF you will find MANY players not drafted in the first rnd.

Well "MANY" is certainly a relative term.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 10:48 AM

Exception to prove the rule, again? It never gets old with you, does it?

The earlier you draft, the more players that are available, and its a better shot that you'll find someone good. Once we pick, there will be 32 guys gone before we can pick again, and they are 32 guys that other teams want to draft. We have to find talent at 8 rather than hoping we luck into a Brady.

Joe Fo Sho
02-25-2013, 10:49 AM
http://www.profootballhof.com/history/general/draft/round.aspx

Hall of Fame players by drafted round.

While there are 'many' HOF players drafted in round 2, and 3, etc...there are 'many more' drafted in round 1.

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2013, 11:21 AM

The way I see it, CBA is the only thing that has anything to do with it.

Before the rookie wage scale, if your high 1st round pick is a bust, you're out a ton of money, which sets your franchise back years. So it was safer to trade down and avoid paying top 10 premium. Now with the rookie wage scale, top picks do not cost so much money that you're tied up for years. So essentially taking the wrong guy in the top 5 and taking the wrong guy in the 20s don't make much of a difference financially, relatively speaking in NFL money of course. So trading down doesn't accomplish anything if you can't draft for crap.

Now, about that "picking the wrong guy", NO ONE knows who the wrong guys are. A lot of people thought Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch were can't miss picks, and Matt Ryan and Roethlisberger were hugh reaches for where they were drafted. There are guys like that in every draft, so you can spare your "exceptions don't make a rule" routine. The point is, we don't know who the wrong guys are, we just have to draft according to how we have them rated as best we can. And if we really need a QB and have a guy we want, we can't hope he'll fall to the next round. I agree with Buddy that we'll have to just sit there, reach a round if we have to, and take him at #8.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 11:29 AM
The point is that WE don't know who the wrong guys are, meaning you, me and everyone else on this board with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions.

The people who get paid 6 or 7 figure salaries by NFL teams damn well better know who the right and wrong guys are. The draft is not an exact science, but some teams are consistently good at it while others are consistently bad. And what you are saying here contradicts your "reach for a QB" line in the initial post. I'm not going to argue with you saying we should draft the guys as we have them ranked because I agree. I do NOT think we should reach for a QB at 8 because we need one. It all depends where we have them ranked and if there is anyone left worthy of the pick.

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2013, 11:35 AM
I suppose I will agree with your point that we don't want to take a guy at #8 just because we have no one else we want to pick. That would be stupid, yes.

But if there's a QB we really like, even though we technically have him ranked as the 23rd best player, the importance of the QB position would over trump any other position and be worth reaching at #8 to get him.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 11:44 AM
I suppose I will agree with your point that we don't want to take a guy at #8 just because we have no one else we want to pick. That would be stupid, yes.

But if there's a QB we really like, even though we technically have him ranked as the 23rd best player, the importance of the QB position would over trump any other position and be worth reaching at #8 to get him.

I'm not opposed to reaching a little for a QB but I don't know exactly where that cutoff is.

In your example, well 7 guys are off the board and we have a QB at 23 so we are reaching by 16 picks or so. It would all come down to the situation. Is our highest rated LB still on the board? How many teams are likely to take QB's before our next pick? Is the next QB in our rankings #24 or #300?

It may not be a bad move, but it would have to be the right circumstances.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-25-2013, 11:52 AM
IMHO, and I freely admit I ain't no expert, you have to draft the best player available who meets your needs. If we can resign LeVitre and Byrd then we need to get a qb, linebacker, receiver, tight end, defensive end, or offensive lineman. We shouldn't just draft any player to fit a need, we should draft the best possible payer to fit that need. I'll say it, I'd rather write off next year get an LB in the first round, get an OL, TE, and DE in the high rounds, get some depths in the lower rounds, and in six or seven get a qb. Then in training camp have a legit open competition for the qb position and go with the one who wins even if its God forbid Ryan Fitztragic. Then use your first next year for a qb when there will probably be a stronger class. If we do go with qb this year it should be Nassib because he was on the squad coached by our current hc, but I don't want to blow a first on him if he can be gotten in the second or even third.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 12:05 PM
That's basically where I'm at too. It has to be mostly based on BPA with some deference given to need. If our pick comes and the highest ranked guy left is a RB, then reach a few picks to get a position of greater need. Or, see if someone who really needs an RB wants to trade up.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 12:08 PM
And in an ideal world, I would like to get a QB this year and get him started ASAP, but this season is shot regardless. So, if we have to settle for a later round QB prospect and hope for a **** at a better prospect next year, I'm ok with that. It beats the alternative of making a huge reach for a QB this year and getting burned.

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2013, 01:39 PM
If we do go with qb this year it should be Nassib because he was on the squad coached by our current hc, but I don't want to blow a first on him if he can be gotten in the second or even third.
If we know Nassib will be there in the 2nd round of course we wait until then. The problem is that we don't know that and he's the only guy we would want. So what if we blow the first round on him and he turns out to suck, we'll draft another one next year. Big deal.

YardRat
02-25-2013, 01:44 PM
I don't think the team will trade down, but here are some possibilities...

Tennessee jumping the Jets, San Diego jumping Tenn and NYJ, NYG jumping all three to get to Warmack, Johnson or Cooper.
Tampa getting ahead of Miami for Milliner.
Pittsburgh jumping NYJ for Patterson or Allen.
Dallas jumping Carolina for Lotulelei or Floyd.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 01:49 PM
If we know Nassib will be there in the 2nd round of course we wait until then. The problem is that we don't know that and he's the only guy we would want. So what if we blow the first round on him and he turns out to suck, we'll draft another one next year. Big deal.

It is a big deal because it means there will be a top 10 CB or LB or WR suiting up for another team while we still have holes at those positions.

Go back and look at some of Buffalo's bad picks over the last decade, and look at the guys drafted within the next 5 picks.

Then think about how good we'd be if we had all those guys instead of the guys we chose.

If we take Nassib at 8 and he ends up being a top 15 starter in the NFL, fine. Who gives a **** what we passed on?

But if we pass on a Pro Bowl LB to draft him and he's off the team while we draft another QB in two years, well that matters and the last 12 years or so are proof. Look at how many DB's the Bills have drafted in the first three rounds over the plast few years, and we STILL have a crappy D and we STILL need CB's.

Missing on high draft picks is not "big deal." It's what keeps teams like Buffalo mired in the perpetual rebuilding cycle.

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2013, 02:19 PM
It is a big deal because it means there will be a top 10 CB or LB or WR suiting up for another team while we still have holes at those positions.

Go back and look at some of Buffalo's bad picks over the last decade, and look at the guys drafted within the next 5 picks.

Then think about how good we'd be if we had all those guys instead of the guys we chose.

If we take Nassib at 8 and he ends up being a top 15 starter in the NFL, fine. Who gives a **** what we passed on?

But if we pass on a Pro Bowl LB to draft him and he's off the team while we draft another QB in two years, well that matters and the last 12 years or so are proof. Look at how many DB's the Bills have drafted in the first three rounds over the plast few years, and we STILL have a crappy D and we STILL need CB's.

Missing on high draft picks is not "big deal." It's what keeps teams like Buffalo mired in the perpetual rebuilding cycle.
That all sounds good but the problem is, how do we know that those "top 10 CB or LB or WR" are not going to be busts? How will any of those positions be any less risky than "reaching" for a QB at #8?

If there's anything that's certain and known fact, drafting would be easy.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 02:35 PM
That all sounds good but the problem is, how do we know that those "top 10 CB or LB or WR" are not going to be busts? How will any of those positions be any less risky than "reaching" for a QB at #8?

If there's anything that's certain and known fact, drafting would be easy.
1. QB is notoriously the hardest position to evaluate and therefore the biggest risk.
2. Everyone who knows anything about the draft has said that this is a weak QB class. Yes, it's not an exact science, but the "experts" are rarely wrong when there is this much consensus.

Add to that the fact tha we will likely have to reach 15-20 slots to get a QB, and it becomes clear that the risk of taking a QB is far higher than the risk of taking other positions.

This team has a lot of needs: QB, LB, CB WR, TE at the very least, possibly OL and S depending on what happens with Levitre and Byrd. We can't afford to miss with the 8th pick. Taking a QB just adds additional risk we don't need.

better days
02-25-2013, 02:38 PM
And in an ideal world, I would like to get a QB this year and get him started ASAP, but this season is shot regardless. So, if we have to settle for a later round QB prospect and hope for a **** at a better prospect next year, I'm ok with that. It beats the alternative of making a huge reach for a QB this year and getting burned.

Well, if we draft a QB that turns out to be no better than a back up, if he is at least a decent back up, we can keep him as a back up. we can draft QB again next year. We have to draft a QB until we hit on one.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Well, if we draft a QB that turns out to be no better than a back up, if he is at least a decent back up, we can keep him as a back up. we can draft QB again next year. We have to draft a QB until we hit on one.

Um no.

If we do that, then how the hell do you expect to fill all the other holes this team has? Grasping at straws to find a franchise QB all but guarantees the team won't improve.

What you are basically saying here is that the rebuild is on hold until we find a franchise QB. I'm saying we play the hand we are dealt because we can't afford any more misses.

better days
02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Um no.

If we do that, then how the hell do you expect to fill all the other holes this team has? Grasping at straws to find a franchise QB all but guarantees the team won't improve.

What you are basically saying here is that the rebuild is on hold until we find a franchise QB. I'm saying we play the hand we are dealt because we can't afford any more misses.

The vast majority of holes have been filled since Nix was hired. Despite the poor play by the defense last year, the DL looks strong as does the OL. QB trumps all. You can have a team of Pro Bowl players like the Chiefs but it means little without a QB.

justasportsfan
02-25-2013, 03:00 PM
with Jones and Nelson gone, I think we are going best wr with our first pick

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 03:02 PM
The vast majority of holes have been filled since Nix was hired. Despite the poor play by the defense last year, the DL looks strong as does the OL. QB trumps all. You can have a team of Pro Bowl players like the Chiefs but it means little without a QB.

Lmao. Vast majority? He fixed the DL and kept the OL in tact. We still have holes at QB, WR, LB and TE. All of those holes existed when Nix got here, and they all still exist.

And yes, we need a QB. But grasping at straws to get one when the right one isn't available isn't the answer. Who's the QB going to throw to? What good will be be sitting on the bench while the D gives up 7 minute touchdown drives?

You are letting your desperation for a QB cloud your judgment.

YardRat
02-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Jesus, I absolutely despise using high first round picks on offensive skill positions, unless it's a no-brainer. If there is a position that has almost as big a bust factor as QB, it's WR. :ill:

better days
02-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Lmao. Vast majority? He fixed the DL and kept the OL in tact. We still have holes at QB, WR, LB and TE. All of those holes existed when Nix got here, and they all still exist.

And yes, we need a QB. But grasping at straws to get one when the right one isn't available isn't the answer. Who's the QB going to throw to? What good will be be sitting on the bench while the D gives up 7 minute touchdown drives?

You are letting your desperation for a QB cloud your judgment.

Well, Nix said 2-3 QBs will seperate themselves & be Good QBs. I think he has who those 2 or 3 are in mind. If one of them is available I expect Nix to draft him. This draft is supposed to be heavy in WR's & LB's. I expect the Bills to draft both in this draft as well as a QB. As well as a TE.

X-Era
02-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Every year there is a crowd that wants to trade down. It's rarely because no one will be worthy of the pick who could help the team and usually because that they just want to hoard picks.

Personally, I want to attack the draft to fill positions of need while getting good to great value at every pick. If that's best done by moving down, so be it. But I'm not hell bent on moving down. I wouldn't mind moving up if it improves the quality of the talent that we get out of this draft.

Quantity is necessary to fill out a roster, but quality is what makes this team better.

X-Era
02-25-2013, 04:08 PM

You are letting your desperation for a QB cloud your judgment.Spiller, Dareus, and Gilmore... I'll take that and put it up against most, if not all of the rest of the teams 1st rounders over that same stretch.

Let's not forget that the only QB's that have shown success in the 1st round over that period are guys we had no shot at (Luck, Newton, RG3). The bigger majority were from rounds 2 and beyond. Ponder is the only exception as a guy with a 1st round grade who has taken his team to the playoffs and we could have taken. But if we had taken him at 3 your head would have exploded. Be honest.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
I wasn't talking about his drafting.

Better days said Nix filled every hole.

I pointed out 4 holes that Nix has failed to fill.

But, if you want to go that route: Spiller is great but it took him 3 years to catch on. Dareus had a sophomore slump. One good year, one average year. We find out now which is the real Dareus. Gilmore- he showed flashes but its just too soon to tell.

YardRat
02-25-2013, 06:20 PM

Which isn't unusual for any team. Nix may not have 'filled' every hole, but he has tried to address them. If you can name a single position that Nix hasn't brought in new players for in an attempt to upgrade the talent level I'd like to hear which one it is.

But, if you want to go that route: Spiller is great but it took him 3 years to catch on. Dareus had a sophomore slump. One good year, one average year. We find out now which is the real Dareus. Gilmore- he showed flashes but its just too soon to tell.

Again, not unusual. Most players take some time to develop and aren't HOFers or even All-Pros the minute they step on the field. If the sophomore slump wasn't a common occurrence, the term wouldn't be so well known or widely used.

OpIv37
02-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Which isn't unusual for any team. Nix may not have 'filled' every hole, but he has tried to address them. If you can name a single position that Nix hasn't brought in new players for in an attempt to upgrade the talent level I'd like to hear which one it is.

Again, not unusual. Most players take some time to develop and aren't HOFers or even All-Pros the minute they step on the field. If the sophomore slump wasn't a common occurrence, the term wouldn't be so well known or widely used.

Most running backs do not take time to develop. DT's and CB's I'll give you.

better days
02-25-2013, 10:37 PM
I wasn't talking about his drafting.

Better days said Nix filled every hole.

Learn how to read. Get yourself a dictionary and/or thesaurus. VAST MAJORITY means most NOT every or all.

Bert102176
02-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Jesus, I absolutely despise using high first round picks on offensive skill positions, unless it's a no-brainer. If there is a position that has almost as big a bust factor as QB, it's WR. :ill:

I would really like Coderrell Patterson think he is gonna be amazing him or Manti Te'o

OpIv37
02-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Learn how to read. Get yourself a dictionary and/or thesaurus. VAST MAJORITY means most NOT every or all.
The teams has 4 major holes yet the VAST MAJORITY have been filled?

He fixed the DL. That's it. He didnt fix QB, WR, LB or TE.

You need to look up the definition of "vast majority." Or don't- it will ruin your delusion that Nix is doing a good job.

better days
02-26-2013, 07:56 AM
The teams has 4 major holes yet the VAST MAJORITY have been filled?

He fixed the DL. That's it. He didnt fix QB, WR, LB or TE.

You need to look up the definition of "vast majority." Or don't- it will ruin your delusion that Nix is doing a good job.

NO, you need to look it up. Nix filled the vast majority of holes on this team since he was hired. I think you forget how terrible the OL was before Nix was hired. He fixed that as well as the DL.

I expect the Bills to draft a QB, WR, LB & TE in this draft.

OpIv37
02-26-2013, 08:03 AM
NO, you need to look it up. Nix filled the vast majority of holes on this team since he was hired. I think you forget how terrible the OL was before Nix was hired. He fixed that as well as the DL.

Well we already had Levitre and Wood when Nix came on board, so the basis for the OL wasn't him. For that matter, we already had Kyle Williams too. So, with big holes at QB WR TE LB, that's hardly the "vast majority." And hats without even mentioning the new hole we have at CB.

Bill Cody
02-26-2013, 09:46 AM
I would really like Coderrell Patterson think he is gonna be amazing him or Manti Te'o

Te'o just ran himself out of the 1st round with a 4.8 40. Not clear he's even a 3 down LB with that speed. He could drop like a stone if he does't run a lot better at his pro day.

Joe Fo Sho
02-26-2013, 12:00 PM

Maybe you should actually list his improvements over the previous roster. Seems like that could prove your point, if it's worth proving.

I've been saying that for the last 3 years.

better days
02-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Well we already had Levitre and Wood when Nix came on board, so the basis for the OL wasn't him. For that matter, we already had Kyle Williams too. So, with big holes at QB WR TE LB, that's hardly the "vast majority." And hats without even mentioning the new hole we have at CB.

Levitre & Wood are two players on the INTERIOR of the line. Nix added a 3rd player to the interior as well as Tackles. Nix IMPROVED the OL.

The Bills had Kyle & not much else on the DL unless you love Kelsey. Nix also IMPROVED the DL.

If you are refering to cutting McGee as a new hole at CB, well that is not really the case. I would call it an old hole myself. McGee has not played well in years, he has been mostly injured.
Nix did try to address that, but it was not a top priority, he wanted to fix the lines first which he did.
Williams while not a good CB may prove to be a good safety.

better days
02-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Te'o just ran himself out of the 1st round with a 4.8 40. Not clear he's even a 3 down LB with that speed. He could drop like a stone if he does't run a lot better at his pro day.

His speed was questioned before the combine. He looks like a two down LB at best.

OpIv37
02-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Nix maintained the OL. He fixed the DL. But, for the sake of argument, I'll give you the OL. That means he improved DT. DE, OT, C.

He failed to improve QB, WR, LB and TE.

So, your "vast majority" conclusion is wrong no matter how positive you try to be.

better days
02-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Nix maintained the OL. He fixed the DL. But, for the sake of argument, I'll give you the OL. That means he improved DT. DE, OT, C.

So, your "vast majority" conclusion is wrong no matter how positive you try to be.

Well, I disagree. IMO, the OL & DL aside from QB are the most important positions on the field.

If the Bills can get a GOOD QB this year, they will WIN games.

X-Era
02-26-2013, 03:29 PM
I would really like Coderrell Patterson think he is gonna be amazing him or Manti Te'oHe's a more raw version of Julio Jones IMO.

But don't sleep on Justin Hunter or Robert Woods in the 2nd... Both could end up being very very good.

X-Era
02-26-2013, 03:33 PM

How did he not improve TE? Chandler has been one of the most successful TE's, if not the most successful in the past decade.

Only 2 Bills TE's have ever had more TD's... Metzelaars (25 in 156 games) and Riemersma (20 in 90 games). Chandler has 12 in 34 games. He's destroying both in TD's per game.

http://www.fantasyfootballchallenge.com/32-4-4/buffalo-bills-tight-ends.html

Keeping Stevie is not necessarily improving WR since we had him when he came back but it's also a departure from the previous several years where our own (at other positions) walked after their rookie deals expired.

QB and LB I'll give you. I can't overlook ignoring QB this long when everyone knew Edwards, Losman, and Fitz were question marks.

Mr. Pink
02-26-2013, 03:52 PM

Oddly enough even with all this talent infusion and hole filling that's been done by Nix, the team is in no better shape today than it was the day Jauron was fired. Arguably it's even worse as this talent infusion has shown no results on the only columns that matter W and L.

X-Era
02-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Oddly enough even with all this talent infusion and hole filling that's been done by Nix, the team is in no better shape today than it was the day Jauron was fired. Arguably it's even worse as this talent infusion has shown no results on the only columns that matter W and L.
60% of that is a sub-par QB, 20% is sub-par LB'ers, and the other 20% is schemes and coaching.

Just my opinion.

better days
02-26-2013, 06:07 PM
60% of that is a sub-par QB, 20% is sub-par LB'ers, and the other 20% is schemes and coaching.

Just my opinion.

I agree but I would change the numbers a little 50% QB, 40% schemes Coaching on DEFENSE, 10% EVERYONE else