PDA

View Full Version : My opinion Best QB in this class is...

DesertFox24
02-25-2013, 03:13 PM
I think Tyler Wilson is the best one in this group, he has the arm strength and has good deep ball accuracy. Watching him was like watching Cutler always under duress, wrs dropping balls, just a bad team.

I am not a Geno fan because he looks like he struggles coming off his primary read.

Barkley I am not a fan never was

Glennon and Bray have the arm but I dont see the head.

Wilson is one tough SOB stands in the pocket knows when to scramble and played well when game was within reach late he usually played well and threw good balls.

better days
02-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Wilson is my first choice as well.

ServoBillieves
02-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Thank you for contributing what will be one of thousands of pointless threads/messages/whatever about your opinion.

It will carry so much significance and clout throughout the process that I may stand and applaud.

DesertFox24
02-25-2013, 03:32 PM
I can not say this enough, I am not saying take him at 8. Personally I would like the bills to draft a stud at 8 or trade down and get more picks.

That being said when teams start watching all tape especially from last year and see how well he throws under pressure and how tough he is, people will realize he has a chance to be a better pro.

As a whole this class is not as good as last year and taking out Griffin and Luck I am still not sure if Tannyhill and weeden would still not be higher drafted guys. However, if the bills are going to draft a QB at 8 I hope it is Wilson.

Night Train
02-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Thank you for contributing what will be one of thousands of pointless threads/messages/whatever about your opinion.

It will carry so much significance and clout throughout the process that I may stand and applaud.

I WILL CONTROL THE INTERNET ! ALL OF IT !

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2013, 03:33 PM

Wow that was unnecessary. We're allowed or even encouraged to voice our opinions on this message board, even if others don't agree with them. In fact, that's what message boards are for.

Pipe the hell down.

DesertFox24
02-25-2013, 03:34 PM

I am sorry did I miss something or is this a Buffalo Bills message board where fans post their opinions on topics, with the intent of spurring healthy debate and banter with other bills fans.....

That being said I do see your point and probably should have found one of the other countless bills drafts or QB threads and posted.

Novacane
02-25-2013, 07:01 PM

Who grabbed your hands and forced you to click this thread?

Novacane
02-25-2013, 07:04 PM
I am sorry did I miss something or is this a Buffalo Bills message board where fans post their opinions on topics, with the intent of spurring healthy debate and banter with other bills fans.....

That being said I do see your point and probably should have found one of the other countless bills drafts or QB threads and posted.

Nope. You should of started your own just like you did. I get a kick out of guys throwing fits over to many threads about this or that!

EricStratton
02-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Wilson's concussion history is a concern for me.

He's missed time in both of the last two seasons with head issues.

Slim
02-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Wilson's concussion history is a concern for me.

He's missed time in both of the last two seasons with head issues.

This is a solid argument. I remember him missing time last season but not during his Junior year.

Mahdi
02-26-2013, 07:03 AM
What concerns me about Wilson is his hand size... 8 3/4.

Check out the hand size for the last few successful QBs:

Luck 10"

RG3 9 1/2

Dalton 9 1/2

Kaepernick 9 1/8

Russel Wilson 10 1/4

Cam Newton 9 7/8

That isn't to say that big hands will definitely make you successful or small hands make you fail but for an NFL QB this measurement carries a ton of weight.

tampabay25690
02-26-2013, 07:08 AM
Wilson is my guy too.
Im fine with him at #8 if the Bills feel he is there guy!!!!

DesertFox24
02-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Yeah his hands are small but the pro ball is smaller than the college ball and he spun that just fine.

Look none of these guys are perfect. Barkley is not as bad as I originally thought I watched the Oregon and Stanford game again he is not bad, but I am not sure he can wing it in Buffalo.

Here is the thing that has me excited about whomever we draft as long as he is not Nassib.

Nothing against Nassib, but he was not thought of as an elite franchise QB and look what Hackett and Marrone did with him. They took a frienge draftable QB and turned him into a second or third rounder, imagine what they could do with someone with more natural talent.

Like I said if Nassib is the go so be it just not at 8. Wilson is a first rounder and like Tannyhill will probably be drafted in the top 20 picks and if Bills like him then draft him at 8 where I know he will be there.

Also sounds like that is Buddy Nix approach he said that the past two drafts the QBs he liked went a round earlier than the wanted to draft and that he would have to probably draft one early.

Bottom line it will be a reach on draft day but if the guy they take becomes a Flacco then no one will care and call it a steal at 8, if he crashes and burns then it will be a bad pick much like Gabbert, Losman, etc....

HAMMER
02-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Barkley is going to be the best in this class, draft him at 8 or suffer the consequences.

DesertFox24
02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Barkley is going to be the best in this class, draft him at 8 or suffer the consequences.

I watched some of Barkley this year and he is growing on me a bit. For some reason I thought he would be barely 6'0 so I had a hard time watching this year unbaised, but have tried to be unbiased and there are things to like.

I worry about his arm strength I do not see the ball zip through the air but he does throw with a lot of touch and high arc on deep balls and that can be by design.

Mahdi
02-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah his hands are small but the pro ball is smaller than the college ball and he spun that just fine.

Look none of these guys are perfect. Barkley is not as bad as I originally thought I watched the Oregon and Stanford game again he is not bad, but I am not sure he can wing it in Buffalo.

Here is the thing that has me excited about whomever we draft as long as he is not Nassib.

Nothing against Nassib, but he was not thought of as an elite franchise QB and look what Hackett and Marrone did with him. They took a frienge draftable QB and turned him into a second or third rounder, imagine what they could do with someone with more natural talent.

Like I said if Nassib is the go so be it just not at 8. Wilson is a first rounder and like Tannyhill will probably be drafted in the top 20 picks and if Bills like him then draft him at 8 where I know he will be there.

Also sounds like that is Buddy Nix approach he said that the past two drafts the QBs he liked went a round earlier than the wanted to draft and that he would have to probably draft one early.

Bottom line it will be a reach on draft day but if the guy they take becomes a Flacco then no one will care and call it a steal at 8, if he crashes and burns then it will be a bad pick much like Gabbert, Losman, etc....

I wouldn't touch a QB in this draft at #8. No way, this team needs top players everywhere and wasting a pick on a huge question mark just because he is a QB is how you ruin a franchise.

I say we wait till the second round and see which of the flawed QBs are available. Even the 3rd round can have a kid like Bray still on the board.

better days
02-26-2013, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't touch a QB in this draft at #8. No way, this team needs top players everywhere and wasting a pick on a huge question mark just because he is a QB is how you ruin a franchise.

I say we wait till the second round and see which of the flawed QBs are available. Even the 3rd round can have a kid like Bray still on the board.

If the Bills wait until the 2nd rnd it is very doubtful they get a QB better than Losman or Edwards. You can say if they pick a QB at #8 they won't get a QB better than Losman or Edwards, but I think it is much more likely.

We will not know about that until later down the road. If the QB they want is there at #8, I expect the Bills to draft him.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-26-2013, 11:28 AM

LMAO "ruin a franchise." The Bills have been waiting patiently for a QB without no flaws to drop to the #8-14 range where we always seem to be drafting for years now. How well has that strategy been working? Look, you either completely bottom out into the top 3 like Indy, you trade the farm like Washington, or you take a risk on a QB. There is no fourth option.

Bill Cody
02-26-2013, 11:31 AM
If the Bills wait until the 2nd rnd it is very doubtful they get a QB better than Losman or Edwards. You can say if they pick a QB at #8 they won't get a QB better than Losman or Edwards, but I think it is much more likely.

We will not know about that until later down the road. If the QB they want is there at #8, I expect the Bills to draft him.

Part of where a player is drafted has to do with how "NFL ready" they are. Projects at QB don't go in the 1st round. That's why Smith, Barkley and maybe Wilson are all that will be gone in the 1st. But being more ready doesn't necessarily mean better in the long haul. Barkley is actually the most polished QB in the draft. I'm just not sold he will be better than "ok".

Goobylal
02-26-2013, 11:53 AM
What concerns me about Wilson is his hand size... 8 3/4.

Check out the hand size for the last few successful QBs:

Luck 10"

RG3 9 1/2

Dalton 9 1/2

Kaepernick 9 1/8

Russel Wilson 10 1/4

Cam Newton 9 7/8

That isn't to say that big hands will definitely make you successful or small hands make you fail but for an NFL QB this measurement carries a ton of weight.
His tiny hands will make him prone to fumbling. No thanks.

My choice for best QB is Manuel. He's got everything you look for (size, arm strength, mobility, toughness, leadership, good character) and just needs more experience and coaching.

Mahdi
02-26-2013, 12:36 PM
LMAO "ruin a franchise." The Bills have been waiting patiently for a QB without no flaws to drop to the #8-14 range where we always seem to be drafting for years now. How well has that strategy been working? Look, you either completely bottom out into the top 3 like Indy, you trade the farm like Washington, or you take a risk on a QB. There is no fourth option.

So there is no option to take a QB in the second or third round?

Brees, Kaepernick, Wilson, Dalton. I think the last 3 are perfect examples of what we should be doing. Why take a QB at #8 when the guy taken at 38 is just as good and has just as many flaws.

better days
02-26-2013, 12:59 PM

Brees, Kaepernick, Wilson, Dalton. I think the last 3 are perfect examples of what we should be doing. Why take a QB at #8 when the guy taken at 38 is just as good and has just as many flaws.

The flaw is the Billls draft #41, NOT #38. And with everyone saying this is a weak QB class, the BEST QBs will be drafted long before even #38.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-26-2013, 03:06 PM

You have to go back 12 years to Brees find a 4th example? Doesn't that prove my point neatly? Indeed, you have to go back so far that Brees was actually the #32 pick back when the league only had 31 teams.

Dalton was the 5th QB taken in his draft class, Kaep was the 6th, Wilson was the 6th in his class. How often is the 5th or 6th QB off the board the best in the class, or even a viable player?

Indeed, that was the exact argument people used to justify the Aaron Williams pick on draft day. "Why take the 5th best QB when you can have the 2nd best corner?"

I'll give you a counter example right from our own division: The Dolphins tried repeatedly to get "value" QBs in the 2nd round over the last several years, at one point passing on Matt Ryan to take the safe pick in Jake Long. Jake Long panned out as well as you could possibly hope for a left tackle and the Dolphins still regret that move to this day. They finally sacked up and took a "gamble" on Tannehill, passing on safer players like Kuechly and Poe, and they finally look like they have a guy to build around.

better days
02-26-2013, 06:35 PM
You have to go back 12 years to Brees find a 4th example? Doesn't that prove my point neatly? Indeed, you have to go back so far that Brees was actually the #32 pick back when the league only had 31 teams.

Dalton was the 5th QB taken in his draft class, Kaep was the 6th, Wilson was the 6th in his class. How often is the 5th or 6th QB off the board the best in the class, or even a viable player?

Indeed, that was the exact argument people used to justify the Aaron Williams pick on draft day. "Why take the 5th best QB when you can have the 2nd best corner?"

I'll give you a counter example right from our own division: The Dolphins tried repeatedly to get "value" QBs in the 2nd round over the last several years, at one point passing on Matt Ryan to take the safe pick in Jake Long. Jake Long panned out as well as you could possibly hope for a left tackle and the Dolphins still regret that move to this day. They finally sacked up and took a "gamble" on Tannehill, passing on safer players like Kuechly and Poe, and they finally look like they have a guy to build around.

I posted in another thread, but I will repeat here. Nix has said 6 to 8 QBs will be drafted this year. He thinks 2 or 3 will seperate themselves & become GOOD QBs. I think it is extremely doubtful any of those potential GOOD QBs are not drafted in the first rnd.

Mahdi
02-27-2013, 06:42 AM

Still Tannehill was a much better overall prospect than any of the guys being mentioned here. You are saying that any of Wilson, Glennon, Manuel are better than Fitz/Jackson? All these QBs have deficiencies, I'm not interested in wasting a top 10 pick on another one.

All these QBs you could peg as second round QBs, which means, several of them will be available with our second pick.

Glennon
Bray
Wilson
Barkley
Manuel
Geno
Nassib
Jones
Scott

There is no way any more than 2 of these, max 3 are going in the first round. That leaves 6-7 of them to choose with our second pick. Maybe 5 by the time it gets to our second pick. That is much better than tossing away a top ten choice on one of them when chances are he would have been there.

I am not averse to taking a risk on a top ten QB, but not in this draft. Not when they are all lumped into one category anyway. Its just a useless risk that doesn't need to be taken.

Bill Cody
02-27-2013, 11:40 AM
I posted in another thread, but I will repeat here. Nix has said 6 to 8 QBs will be drafted this year. He thinks 2 or 3 will seperate themselves & become GOOD QBs. I think it is extremely doubtful any of those potential GOOD QBs are not drafted in the first rnd.

It's possible you're right, I doubt it but we will see. I see 2 QB's drafted in the 1st round, maybe 3. And all three of those guys are FAR from sure things. Guys like Glennon, Nassib, Bray and Manuel are likely 2nd or even third rounders and you may get a good one from that group (I'd prefer Manuel of the four). Wilson could go top ten or slip to the early 2nd, he's a real wild card. The guy that could be a Tom Brady like way under the radar guy is Sean Renfree of Duke. He just got hurt so he may not even get drafted. But he may have as good a shot as any in the entire class if he gets a chance to play at some point, love to see the Bills take a shot on him in the 7th even if we've already taken a QB much earlier.

Bill Cody
02-27-2013, 11:51 AM
There is no way any more than 2 of these, max 3 are going in the first round. That leaves 6-7 of them to choose with our second pick. Maybe 5 by the time it gets to our second pick. That is much better than tossing away a top ten choice on one of them when chances are he would have been there.

I'm with you, in part. I think Geno will probably be off the board when we pick. That leaves Barkley and possibly Wilson as the most likely candidates for the 8th pick. I'm opposed to taking either one there. The problem is this: most all of the QB needy teams are picking ahead of us. So whoever doesn't take a QB in the first will be looking very hard at the possibility of doing so in the 2nd. If the Bills rate one QB significantly ahead of the others there's a good chance he'll get picked right in front of us. Which is why I favor trading down to the end of the first and taking our pick of what will likely be a choice of 4 or 5 guys.

ServoBillieves
02-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Wow I really gotta apologize for my initial post. I just re-read it and have no clue where that came from on my end. That was pretty unnecessary.

I'd just delete it but I'll man up. To throw in my 2 cents and NOT be a jerk I'd say that unless it's Smith I really see no one else at 8, but every draft has a gem and every draft has a head-scratching pick that ends up working out in the end.

BillsFever21
02-27-2013, 07:19 PM
It's possible you're right, I doubt it but we will see. I see 2 QB's drafted in the 1st round, maybe 3. And all three of those guys are FAR from sure things. Guys like Glennon, Nassib, Bray and Manuel are likely 2nd or even third rounders and you may get a good one from that group (I'd prefer Manuel of the four). Wilson could go top ten or slip to the early 2nd, he's a real wild card. The guy that could be a Tom Brady like way under the radar guy is Sean Renfree of Duke. He just got hurt so he may not even get drafted. But he may have as good a shot as any in the entire class if he gets a chance to play at some point, love to see the Bills take a shot on him in the 7th even if we've already taken a QB much earlier.

If they are hell bent on drafting a QB in the first round no matter what then I'm sure they would like to trade down and still get him. Any of them teams would but it takes a willing partner to do it.

Looking at past drafts like this one where there wasn't many QB's rated high enough to be the #1 pick or even top 10 picks there is usually only a couple guys drafted in the first round. This years crop of QB's has that type of year written all over it. You might have one of them go in the Top 10 and another one in the late first but after that there won't be many drafted early.

This is the type of year where you might have a couple more drafted in the 2nd round and the rest 3rd round and later. Kind of like the year we took Edwards along with several years back when Bradford went #1 but then another QB wasn't drafted until the Browns traded up out of desperation for Quinn at #22. At least he was even mentioned as maybe a Top 10 pick then and still fell that far.

One of Geno Smith/Barkley will probably go in the Top 10 and the other one in the Top 20 or so. Outside of them there might be one team to trade up to the late first to jump ahead before the start of the 2nd round to take another one. Unless teams get desperate then only a few of these guys will be drafted by our 2nd pick and 4 would be the very most. That would easily leave one the pool of Nassib, Wilson, Glendon or Manuel there to choose from when it's our turn.

Unless they really feel Smith or Barkley is the answer then it wouldn't be wise to pass up a top rated disruptive force at LB/defense or a WR at #8. The next gap of few guys after Smith and Barkley is mostly take your pick depending on the team. Manuel will probably go 3rd because of his mobility since it's the new wave in the NFL.