PDA

View Full Version : The "I Pretend I Know S***" Mock Draft

ParanoidAndroid
02-28-2013, 09:02 AM
I looked at the Combine results and poured over some scouting sites. I'm a genius!

1. Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia - Talking strictly football, he's exactly what the Bills need on defense: a linebacker that can play inside or outside in a 4-3 and has the closing speed of a safety. He'll play the Will for Buffalo. Off-field issues? Well... he's worth the risk and he's better than Deion Jordan.
Major holes exist in the middle of the Bills' defense, why not take the best 4-3 LB that doesn't have spinal stenosis?

2. Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse - Imagine a better situation than having a QB who improved every year, stands up to pressure, can look off a safety and will be able to stay with the coach that raised him from when he was a young pup. There's something to be said about comfort level, confidence, and familiarity. It'll be like his 5th year.

3. Jordan Reed, TE, Florida - The addition of receiving weapons has to be a priority. The Bills struggled with only having one reliable receiver all year. Not many quarterbacks can be even moderately successful in that situation, let alone a rookie. Reed is an excellent receiver and should contribute right away. Buffalo is the place for receivers named Reed.

4. Ryan Swope, WR, TexasA&M - Really, Ryan? A 4.34, 40? No wonder Alabama couldn't cover him. That time could push him up a round but I'll hope he's there in the 4th. He has the strength to beat the jam and the acceleration to make that DB pay. He's one of those guys that will bust his ass and actually has the talent to make it worth a damn. The Bills could pick a WR earlier but I think they go to free agency first.

5. Jonathan Bostic, LB, Florida - A good ILB has to make a decision and go. Sheppard hesitates too often. Bostic gets good grades for his read-react time and goes all downhill. Plus, his name sounds good.

6. Jordan Mills, OT, Louisiana Tech - He played respectably at the Senior Bowl. Good enough.

justasportsfan
02-28-2013, 09:04 AM
does this mean we're getting Jones' and Nelson replacements from FA?

Skooby
02-28-2013, 09:39 AM
You did pretty good for not knowing, LOL.

Pinkerton Security
02-28-2013, 09:42 AM
I would like this draft quite a bit.

ServoBillieves
02-28-2013, 09:53 AM
That was actually really well said about Nassib, never thought of it that way.

Mahdi
02-28-2013, 10:45 AM
I looked at the Combine results and poured over some scouting sites. I'm a genius!

1. Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia - Talking strictly football, he's exactly what the Bills need on defense: a linebacker that can play inside or outside in a 4-3 and has the closing speed of a safety. He'll play the Will for Buffalo. Off-field issues? Well... he's worth the risk and he's better than Deion Jordan.
Major holes exist in the middle of the Bills' defense, why not take the best 4-3 LB that doesn't have spinal stenosis?

2. Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse - Imagine a better situation than having a QB who improved every year, stands up to pressure, can look off a safety and will be able to stay with the coach that raised him from when he was a young pup. There's something to be said about comfort level, confidence, and familiarity. It'll be like his 5th year.

3. Jordan Reed, TE, Florida - The addition of receiving weapons has to be a priority. The Bills struggled with only having one reliable receiver all year. Not many quarterbacks can be even moderately successful in that situation, let alone a rookie. Reed is an excellent receiver and should contribute right away. Buffalo is the place for receivers named Reed.

4. Ryan Swope, WR, TexasA&M - Really, Ryan? A 4.34, 40? No wonder Alabama couldn't cover him. That time could push him up a round but I'll hope he's there in the 4th. He has the strength to beat the jam and the acceleration to make that DB pay. He's one of those guys that will bust his ass and actually has the talent to make it worth a damn. The Bills could pick a WR earlier but I think they go to free agency first.

5. Jonathan Bostic, LB, Florida - A good ILB has to make a decision and go. Sheppard hesitates too often. Bostic gets good grades for his read-react time and goes all downhill. Plus, his name sounds good.

6. Jordan Mills, OT, Louisiana Tech - He played respectably at the Senior Bowl. Good enough.

Nice backhanded attempt to knock my mock draft. I could care less. But then again you DO know everything and you also know the future so my mock is bad and yours is good. Not to mention that you put all of 5 minutes into yours while other people actually put time into theirs.

I find it interesting that you note that Ogletree is better than Jordan, Ogletree is completely a different player than Jordan with completely different skill sets and completely different size. Nice comparison though.

Either way its the last mock I ever do as people on this board just criticize or just read and ignore.

Bert102176
02-28-2013, 11:10 AM
I think Corderrell Patterson is our pick at 8

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Nice backhanded attempt to knock my mock draft. I could care less. But then again you DO know everything and you also know the future so my mock is bad and yours is good. Not to mention that you put all of 5 minutes into yours while other people actually put time into theirs.

I find it interesting that you note that Ogletree is better than Jordan, Ogletree is completely a different player than Jordan with completely different skill sets and completely different size. Nice comparison though.

Either way its the last mock I ever do as people on this board just criticize or just read and ignore.
How the hell is this knocking you?

Mahdi
02-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Its obvious, and in the middle he conveniently notes that Ogletree is better than Dion Jordan. Why would he insert that out of the blue?

Either way I shouldn't have said anything... maybe I'm wrong.

ParanoidAndroid
02-28-2013, 11:34 AM

I have no idea why you are taking this personally. What gives?

Mahdi
02-28-2013, 11:43 AM
I have no idea why you are taking this personally. What gives?

Ya yer right I shouldn't have taken it personally.

You put time into doing something that might actually raise some mature discussion and all you get is immature posts from people. I remember last year I told myself I wouldn't do them anymore but I guess I forgot. I remember being blasted for mocking Spiller to the Bills too.

ParanoidAndroid
02-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Its obvious, and in the middle he conveniently notes that Ogletree is better than Dion Jordan. Why would he insert that out of the blue?

Absolute coincidence, I promise you. I really do think Ogletree is a better football player. While their skill set may very well be different, it does not mean they are not comparable in terms of effectiveness and their ability to improve the team they are on. I think Ogletree fits better. It's all just my very amateur opinion.

I just do this for fun. I'm actually surprised because I make an effort to conduct myself at least somewhat civilly in here and we've been reading each others posts long enough to "know" eachother. I respect you as a poster and I would never backhand anyone like that.....except maybe in the spin zone. :D

Bill Cody
02-28-2013, 11:45 AM

:cry:

ParanoidAndroid
02-28-2013, 11:45 AM

You put time into doing something that might actually raise some mature discussion and all you get is immature posts from people. I remember last year I told myself I wouldn't do them anymore but I guess I forgot. I remember being blasted for mocking Spiller to the Bills too.

:beers:

ParanoidAndroid
02-28-2013, 11:50 AM
does this mean we're getting Jones' and Nelson replacements from FA?

How hard could they be to replace? I think Swope not only replaces Jones, but improves upon him. I do mention in the Swope comment that the Bills will get a receiver via free agency....as they should.

Bert102176
02-28-2013, 12:23 PM
My prediction is
WR Corderrell Patterson
QB Ryan Nassib
WR Ryan Swope
LB Nico Johnson
TE Vance McDonald
LB Trevard Williams

Mahdi
02-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Absolute coincidence, I promise you. I really do think Ogletree is a better football player. While their skill set may very well be different, it does not mean they are not comparable in terms of effectiveness and their ability to improve the team they are on. I think Ogletree fits better. It's all just my very amateur opinion.

I just do this for fun. I'm actually surprised because I make an effort to conduct myself at least somewhat civilly in here and we've been reading each others posts long enough to "know" eachother. I respect you as a poster and I would never backhand anyone like that.....except maybe in the spin zone. :D

My apologies for jumping to conclusions.

justasportsfan
02-28-2013, 12:36 PM

We may a lot of different opinions but it's nothing personal. I enjoy blasting your (everyone) posts as much as getting my opinions blasted. It's all good.

Mahdi
02-28-2013, 12:47 PM
We may a lot of different opinions but it's nothing personal. I enjoy blasting your (everyone) posts as much as getting my opinions blasted. It's all good.

There is a difference though. Some people critique or disagree which is cool obviously. But I think its getting old with people posting annoying comments or just a comment to degrade other people's efforts. And I'm not just talking about mine.

jimmifli
02-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Nassib in the second round removes some expectation that he'll be the saviour. Fans expect 2nd picks to be good, but if they were going to be good in their first year they would be drafted at the top of the first round.

That can only help. I'd be happy with him in the second.

SABURZFAN
02-28-2013, 04:54 PM

you usually are.

YardRat
02-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Really like the Bostic pick, although I don't think he'll be around in the fifth. I also had Nassib as an option in the second round in my 'I'm Bored' mock...wouldn't mind that if he's there also.

ParanoidAndroid
02-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Yeah. Bostic may very well be higher on a number of teams boards.

ParanoidAndroid
02-28-2013, 08:16 PM
My prediction is
WR Corderrell Patterson
QB Ryan Nassib
WR Ryan Swope
LB Nico Johnson
TE Vance McDonald
LB Trevard Williams

I don't dislike this, but I'm just not sold on Patterson that high. I would actually take Keenan Allen before him because Allen is much more polished. We would also need a couple of linebackers in free agency, then. Johnson, like Bostic, can compete for a spot but Williams is going to need more time. We have a huge hole at the Will position.

Mahdi
03-01-2013, 06:41 AM
you usually are.

Really, based on what? Show me where I've been wrong. Or you just like putting out statements? Or maybe... you're always right eh?

TigerJ
03-01-2013, 08:26 AM
I'll pretend I know something in critiquing your mock. I'm OK with Nassib and I like both Swope and Bostic. Otherwise, not so much. Ogletree has become too much of a risk with his off field issues to pick that high. Reed is very one dimensional with his lack of size. Buffalo already has Jordan reed in a sense. Their version is named Dorin Dickerson. I doubt Jordan Reed has any more impact than Dickerson did. I'm not picking an offensive tackle in the sixth round. He won't make the team, so it's a wasted pick. Buffalo has Cordy Glenn, Erik Pears, Chris Hairston, Sam Young, and Zebrie Sanders. They will carry no more than 4 on their roster. The Bills struggled at right tackle last season because neither Erik Pears or Chris Hairston were healthy. There's no particular reason to expect that to be the case this season.

TigerJ
03-01-2013, 08:30 AM
My prediction is
WR Corderrell Patterson
QB Ryan Nassib
WR Ryan Swope
LB Nico Johnson
TE Vance McDonald
LB Trevard Williams

I like this one quite a bit.

justasportsfan
03-01-2013, 09:27 AM
How hard could they be to replace? I think Swope not only replaces Jones, but improves upon him. I do mention in the Swope comment that the Bills will get a receiver via free agency....as they should.

Nix has stressed a few times about how the bengals turned their team around with Dalton and AJ Green. I doubt Swope or a 4th rd wr will be that guy. We already drafted Graham in the 3rd last year and he's taking time to develop.

I'm not sure if they think Patterson is our Green or Nassib is our Dalton but IMO Nix will draft those two this year.

k-oneputt
03-01-2013, 11:02 AM
you usually are.

Actually he is one of the few posters here that knows what he's talking about.

Mahdi
03-01-2013, 01:48 PM

Thank you, I think its overly generous..... but appreciated!

ParanoidAndroid
03-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I'll pretend I know something in critiquing your mock. I'm OK with Nassib and I like both Swope and Bostic. Otherwise, not so much. Ogletree has become too much of a risk with his off field issues to pick that high. Reed is very one dimensional with his lack of size. Buffalo already has Jordan reed in a sense. Their version is named Dorin Dickerson. I doubt Jordan Reed has any more impact than Dickerson did. I'm not picking an offensive tackle in the sixth round. He won't make the team, so it's a wasted pick. Buffalo has Cordy Glenn, Erik Pears, Chris Hairston, Sam Young, and Zebrie Sanders. They will carry no more than 4 on their roster. The Bills struggled at right tackle last season because neither Erik Pears or Chris Hairston were healthy. There's no particular reason to expect that to be the case this season.

The tackle can also play guard. Reed is a much more polished receiver than Dickerson. You may be correct on Ogletree, but I'm in the opinion that he is worth it.

SABURZFAN
03-02-2013, 12:12 PM

:roflmao: