• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

NFL Sunday Ticket-

I just purchased mine for the upcoming season. Not only will I be able to watch all the Bills games here, but I will have all of the other good games that the local stations ignore. No more suffering through the Redskins/Cardinals while Chiefs/Raiders and Packers/Bucs are ignored.

Go Bills!
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I don't have DirectTV but I got my picture in picture working finally so I can watch both the FOX game and the CBS game at once. :)

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Yeah that's one of the drawbacks of DirecTV- my TV has PiP but it doesn't work because I'd have to pay some TV guy to come wire it up for me.

But I have two TV's hooked up to it and I only really care about the Bills games anyway
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• eyedog
        • Jul 2002

Directv is great. I've had it for 5yrs and I miss it for eight of the weeks because I'm at the Bills games. Once you have it you can never go back.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Well, let me rephrase that- if the Bills are on, I won't be paying much attention to the other games. When the Bills aren't on, I'll have my choice of which games to watch.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Demon
            • Mar 2003

NFL Sunday Ticket is pointless IMO.

I order NFL Center Ice for past 2 seasons and will for next year, but there are alot of nights when i don't know and usually when i watch (bored + sabres off day) i would just pick a game and just watch 1 game. In NFL, i'd reather just go to a Sports Bar like i'v been doing it for like 3 years now (Tully's in Henrietta), i pay most of my attention to Bills game, but i can go with freinds, talk loud and watch many other games at the same time.

I'm a person who has to watch Bills and if they're off, watch another game but without fliping thru channels, so at a sports bar i can watch a bunch of games at once and at home ordering the package just to watch 2 games a week seems a little useless.

Just my opinion.
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Bars can be fun, but I'm not a big fan of the smoke and I have a hard time sitting still for 3 hours, even if it is football. At least if I can be home, I can do other stuff while I'm watching the game.

Not to mention spending $20 every Sunday to stuff my face with junk food...

But if I still lived locally and could watch the Bills without Sunday ticket, there's no way in hell I'd pay for it.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Bars can be fun, but I'm not a big fan of the smoke and I have a hard time sitting still for 3 hours, even if it is football. At least if I can be home, I can do other stuff while I'm watching the game.

Not to mention spending $20 every Sunday to stuff my face with junk food...

But if I still lived locally and could watch the Bills without Sunday ticket, there's no way in hell I'd pay for it.
                I usually spend like $10 a week there.

It's me and like 4-5 freinds so besides football we talk about other things, some football related and other stuff outside of football.
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

see, I don't have any friends. I have to bribe people with things like DirecTV to get them to hang out with me.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

I just bought my dish so I can get the NFL ticket and NHL center ice. I suffered last year without it when I moved south. I don't like the bars on a weekly basis because I like to listen to the games as well as watch them...

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                      • Jul 2002

IMO, The NFL Ticket and Center Ice are ideal for people living outside of their home teams area.
                      For people living inside their teams area the games get blacked out. Unless you want to watch 1-2 extra games a week besides your team if your local, it's pretty pointless.
                      Now if I could get all home games and an uncencorsed special feed for my home team regardless of local channel affiliation, I would easily pay $300 a year to get it.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

there's one Bills bar here that has the sound on sometimes, but it's still hard to hear amongst the drunkenness (not that I'm criticizing).

Usually I like hearing the games too, but it depends who the announcers are. Sometimes they're complete idiots (John Madden...)
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• eyedog
                          • Jul 2002

Demon, you spend all afternoon in a bar watching football and you only spend $10 a week. Are you sipping pepsi through a straw all day with a side of potato chips?

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by eyedog
                            Demon, you spend all afternoon in a bar watching football and you only spend $10 a week. Are you sipping pepsi through a straw all day with a side of potato chips?
                            lol

Well at Tully's, they give you a huge cup of soda for like $2 with free refills. Then i sometimes buy a chicken tender dinner ($8) or a grilled cheese ($5) at halftime, matters how hungary i am. Plus popcorn is free there.

It's more of a resturant then a bar actually but good place. Cool and hot waitresses (spelling?). And since its like 4-5 people i know, time flys fast.
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I just bought it for the first time, too! I can watch the Bills on my local CBS or FOX, but this is gonna be a blast for fantasy!

Plus no more stupid Giants games EVERY SUNDAY!

CAN'T WAIT!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X