PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket-

OpIv37
07-10-2003, 07:39 PM
I just purchased mine for the upcoming season. Not only will I be able to watch all the Bills games here, but I will have all of the other good games that the local stations ignore. No more suffering through the Redskins/Cardinals while Chiefs/Raiders and Packers/Bucs are ignored.

Go Bills!

Mr. Miyagi
07-10-2003, 07:41 PM
I don't have DirectTV but I got my picture in picture working finally so I can watch both the FOX game and the CBS game at once. :)

OpIv37
07-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Yeah that's one of the drawbacks of DirecTV- my TV has PiP but it doesn't work because I'd have to pay some TV guy to come wire it up for me.

But I have two TV's hooked up to it and I only really care about the Bills games anyway

eyedog
07-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Directv is great. I've had it for 5yrs and I miss it for eight of the weeks because I'm at the Bills games. Once you have it you can never go back.

OpIv37
07-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Well, let me rephrase that- if the Bills are on, I won't be paying much attention to the other games. When the Bills aren't on, I'll have my choice of which games to watch.

Demon
07-10-2003, 08:01 PM
NFL Sunday Ticket is pointless IMO.

I order NFL Center Ice for past 2 seasons and will for next year, but there are alot of nights when i don't know and usually when i watch (bored + sabres off day) i would just pick a game and just watch 1 game. In NFL, i'd reather just go to a Sports Bar like i'v been doing it for like 3 years now (Tully's in Henrietta), i pay most of my attention to Bills game, but i can go with freinds, talk loud and watch many other games at the same time.

I'm a person who has to watch Bills and if they're off, watch another game but without fliping thru channels, so at a sports bar i can watch a bunch of games at once and at home ordering the package just to watch 2 games a week seems a little useless.

Just my opinion.

OpIv37
07-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Bars can be fun, but I'm not a big fan of the smoke and I have a hard time sitting still for 3 hours, even if it is football. At least if I can be home, I can do other stuff while I'm watching the game.

Not to mention spending $20 every Sunday to stuff my face with junk food...

But if I still lived locally and could watch the Bills without Sunday ticket, there's no way in hell I'd pay for it.

Demon
07-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Bars can be fun, but I'm not a big fan of the smoke and I have a hard time sitting still for 3 hours, even if it is football. At least if I can be home, I can do other stuff while I'm watching the game.

Not to mention spending $20 every Sunday to stuff my face with junk food...

But if I still lived locally and could watch the Bills without Sunday ticket, there's no way in hell I'd pay for it.

I usually spend like $10 a week there.

It's me and like 4-5 freinds so besides football we talk about other things, some football related and other stuff outside of football.

OpIv37
07-10-2003, 08:17 PM
see, I don't have any friends. I have to bribe people with things like DirecTV to get them to hang out with me.

don137
07-10-2003, 08:21 PM
I just bought my dish so I can get the NFL ticket and NHL center ice. I suffered last year without it when I moved south. I don't like the bars on a weekly basis because I like to listen to the games as well as watch them...

Turf
07-10-2003, 08:26 PM
IMO, The NFL Ticket and Center Ice are ideal for people living outside of their home teams area.
For people living inside their teams area the games get blacked out. Unless you want to watch 1-2 extra games a week besides your team if your local, it's pretty pointless.
Now if I could get all home games and an uncencorsed special feed for my home team regardless of local channel affiliation, I would easily pay $300 a year to get it.

OpIv37
07-10-2003, 08:26 PM
there's one Bills bar here that has the sound on sometimes, but it's still hard to hear amongst the drunkenness (not that I'm criticizing).

Usually I like hearing the games too, but it depends who the announcers are. Sometimes they're complete idiots (John Madden...)

eyedog
07-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Demon, you spend all afternoon in a bar watching football and you only spend $10 a week. Are you sipping pepsi through a straw all day with a side of potato chips?

Demon
07-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
Demon, you spend all afternoon in a bar watching football and you only spend $10 a week. Are you sipping pepsi through a straw all day with a side of potato chips?

lol

Well at Tully's, they give you a huge cup of soda for like $2 with free refills. Then i sometimes buy a chicken tender dinner ($8) or a grilled cheese ($5) at halftime, matters how hungary i am. Plus popcorn is free there.

It's more of a resturant then a bar actually but good place. Cool and hot waitresses (spelling?). And since its like 4-5 people i know, time flys fast.

lordofgun
07-10-2003, 09:27 PM
I just bought it for the first time, too! I can watch the Bills on my local CBS or FOX, but this is gonna be a blast for fantasy!

Plus no more stupid Giants games EVERY SUNDAY!

CAN'T WAIT!

lordofgun
07-10-2003, 09:28 PM
BTW, you can buy JUST Sunday Ticket on Directv. I have cable and the dish is just for football. :D

Dozerdog
07-10-2003, 09:58 PM
Kinda funny- My first season with the Dish ( I think it was 94 or 95) the Bills were on the first 11 weeks on free TV ( A Mix of Pats & Jets out of Hartford) a coiuple of Sunday & Monday nighters, and they put on a couple mor games as the national game of the week.

Even funnier, with the Pats in the SB in 2001, they were on a TON of MNF/ SNF games, a saturday game ( I think) and a bunch of 4 PM national games. They Played Buffalo & Blesdsoe almost every time there wasn't a conflict.

I love the dish- This will be my first season with Just the Sunday Ticket- I'll probably get the NHL package via digital cable instead of the dish though.

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 12:04 AM
I'd like to get it but it isn't worth my money. Being gone 8 of the weeks for the Bills games, then 8 of the weeks just exclusively watching the Bills games would only leave me 9 chances out of the entire year to watch other games.

That would cost me $20 a week just to watch other games during the commericals of the main 4pm game I was watching.

Who wants to watch 10 games at once? I like to get into a game, not just watch a few plays from all of them 9 times a year.

It would be great even for that, but not for the price. If I ever moved away from this area, it would be a must have though.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 12:10 AM
i have had the nfl ticket since the first season it was offered.. back in my sophmore year of college..

i have missed a total of about 2 bills games in the past 6-7 years.

i love my nfl ticket.. love it love it love it..

if you are a bills fan that goes to bars to watch the games.. seriously, think of how much money you spend in a football season watching the bills at that bar.. you will throw up and go buy a dish. makes so much sense

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Like even Demon who said he only spends $10 a week in the bar watching the games. He could have it in his own house for $10 a week.

Dozerdog
07-11-2003, 12:13 AM
Yeah, T- That's exactly what happened to me.

I'd have to go an hour early just to get a decent seat... bring the wife... you are now there allmost 4 hours, a pitcher of beer and 2 dozen wings later I've blown $25-30 easy- and you have to compete with all the noise, you are lucky to get audio of the game.....It saved me a ton.

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 12:26 AM
I hate going to bars to watch the game. I'd rather be at the stadium or at my own home.

Hell if I went to the bar to watch the Bills games, it would almost cost me as much to actually go to the game.

I would easily spend $40 between alcohol and food. That' if I'm taking it easy.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 12:29 AM
ugh.. i hated not having audio for the game..

now my wife hates me having audio for the game.. rofl.

Demon
07-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

if you are a bills fan that goes to bars to watch the games.. seriously, think of how much money you spend in a football season watching the bills at that bar.. you will throw up and go buy a dish. makes so much sense

True,

BUT, at the bar i watch the Bills on big screen tv (something i dont have at home) with sound. I watch a bunch of other games during the Bills around me without volume (I only have 1 TV downstairs) and i'm not gonna buy 6 TV's just for sunday lol.

Also, if i invite my freinds to my house to watch, i'd end up paying ALOT more then my $10 i pay at the bar.

I live in Rochester so i get ALL Buffalo Bills games on local tv anyways, i choose to go since i still watch my Bills but now i'm with freinds and 2 of them like Bills, one of them likes Cowboys and the other Pittsburgh. And sometimes other guys come but thats basicially the formal crew.

Besides, at home i don't have hot waitresses that come and talk to us during her break :)

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 12:46 AM
Tell them to bring the women, alcohol, and food for coming over and watching your NFL Ticket.

Jan Reimers
07-11-2003, 06:02 AM
I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket and Bills season tickets for several years. Get to see all the games.

Earthquake Enyart
07-11-2003, 06:18 AM
They are supposed to have more interactive stats this year. Hope they do it right. I've had it for a few years now and I love it too.

Novacane
07-11-2003, 08:20 AM
I guess I am in the minority here. I'd had it since it first came out and did not renew this year. Since I'm at all the home games I was paying for only 9 weeks a year. With the road games on TV I decided it was not worth the money. I may feel differant when football starts and I can't watch my fantasy players.

NC-BILLS44
07-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i have had the nfl ticket since the first season it was offered.. back in my sophmore year of college..

i have missed a total of about 2 bills games in the past 6-7 years.

i love my nfl ticket.. love it love it love it..

I've had the Sunday ticket for about 6 years and I love it!!!!
I have a buddy that comes over to watch the Cowgirl games as well. I move my extra TV from my computer room into the living room, with a 25' cable, so we can both watch our games. Of course, his game is muted until the Bills game goes to a commercial. We have a blast and neither of us is dropping $20-$30 a week to go to the bar, like we used to.

eyedog
07-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Lordo, to answer your question, you can buy just the NFL ticket on your dish and nothing else. I do the same thing.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Demon
True,

BUT, at the bar i watch the Bills on big screen tv (something i dont have at home) with sound. I watch a bunch of other games during the Bills around me without volume (I only have 1 TV downstairs) and i'm not gonna buy 6 TV's just for sunday lol.

Also, if i invite my freinds to my house to watch, i'd end up paying ALOT more then my $10 i pay at the bar.

I live in Rochester so i get ALL Buffalo Bills games on local tv anyways, i choose to go since i still watch my Bills but now i'm with freinds and 2 of them like Bills, one of them likes Cowboys and the other Pittsburgh. And sometimes other guys come but thats basicially the formal crew.

Besides, at home i don't have hot waitresses that come and talk to us during her break :)

well.. i have a 57 inch tv..and a 27 inch next to it (for Fantasy Football clicking).. with two receivers..and a killer sound system... and my big arse sectional sofa surrounding all the action.. it is actually in the "football" room.. i got to decorate it and all... it is one of the few things i have in the world that i feel like is truely mine (the whole room).. i have all my sports memorabilia, signed pucks and jerseys in cases, ect.. the little frig in the closet for drinks.. i love it in there.. the center piece of the room is the stadium picture wall.. over the tv, i have my three panoramic stadium shots of the bills, Virginia tech, and joe louis arena.. cost me a fortune to get framed..

i am not trying to brag.. but honestly that room is my pride and joy.. it took me years to get to this point.. 8years exactly to save and get all the electronics i have in there.. but it takes a swat team to get my butt out of there on sundays.. and honestly.. i dont really use it for anything other than sunday football... sometimes for virginia tech games, and sometimes for important hockey games, sometimes a movie.. but it is like my church on sundays..

and as far as friends coming over.. there are typically 3-6 people swing by on any given sunday.. it is just understood.. if you are coming to my house to watch my tv and my nfl ticket.. you had best bring something to share with everyone there.. i am not a soup kitchen.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 08:47 AM
there is something to be said for watching the games in a bar packed with bills fans though..

i used to watch the games at a bar here with jim kelly's brother, pat and ray.. and about 20-30 other rabid bills fans.. this was back in the early 90s to mid 90s..but that all died out quick when the nfl ticket came out.. i do miss it sometimes.

eyedog
07-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Man T. that sounds like one cool joint you got going there. If I had the room that would be the way to do it.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 09:31 AM
the room used to be a garage that was finished off.. so it is perfect.. kind of away from the main part of the home.. big bay window inthe front so that when i go to smoke i can still see the tv, and friend pulling up, pizza guy, ect..

i do love it.

R. Rich
07-11-2003, 12:20 PM
This is my third season with the Ticket coming up, and I absolutely love it! Being in the Baltimore area, you're hard-pressed to see Bills games, so it is a must! You'd rather go to a sports bar to watch instead? Yeah, just try that here! My wife and I used to go to Damon's and we'd spend a lot more than $10-$20 a trip, believe me. Try going to ESPN Zone and spending $10 while watching a game; good luck! My feeling is this: if you live in the Buffalo area and don't get into fantasy football or just aren't a junkie who needs to watch every single game, save your money because it isn't worth it to you to get the Ticket. If you live outside the area and/or love to watch as many games as you can for whatever reason, you should get it. I was so happy when we bought our house in 2001 because I knew I could finally get DirecTV and never miss a Bills game again! Plus, with my wife being a Steelers fan and having the same problem trying to watch her team, it was a no brainer for us. Before we even closed on the house, the DirecTV was the FIRST thing we bought (almost as soon as we found out our bid was accepted)!!

PhinPhreak
07-11-2003, 12:31 PM
I watch a bunch of other games during the Bills around me without volume (I only have 1 TV downstairs) and i'm not gonna buy 6 TV's just for sunday lol.

What's wrong with buying 6 TV's :D???? So I need a little help well maybe a lot of help, but I can't help it I love watching Football. :finfan: How much longer till the season starts???????

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/images/uploaded/882_photo.jpg

justasportsfan
07-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhreak

What's wrong with buying 6 TV's :D???? So I need a little help well maybe a lot of help, but I can't help it I love watching Football. :finfan: How much longer till the season starts???????

All of a sudden it smells in here (BZ). Kinda like dead rotten fish :snicker:

Who are you and what are you doing here? Scram!!! i mean :welcome:

justasportsfan
07-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Yo , Phreak. Need some zonebucks for an avatar?

PhinPhreak
07-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

All of a sudden it smells in here (BZ). Kinda like dead rotten fish :snicker:

Who are you and what are you doing here? Scram!!! i mean :welcome:

Wow you have to buy your Avatars here, guess that explains why some of them are so bad :jk: What's up JAF, Thought I'd drop by and see how the other side lives. :D.

eyedog
07-11-2003, 12:52 PM
PhinPhreak, that set-up is freaking awesome. I've come to the conclusion you are a die hard football fan, a fantasy football junkie, a degenerate gambler, or all of the above like myself.

justasportsfan
07-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
PhinPhreak, that set-up is freaking awesome. I've come to the conclusion you are a die hard football fan, a fantasy football junkie, a degenerate gambler, or all of the above like myself.

Yeah, right. Phreak lives in a trailer. Those t.v. are from a bar.

There was a picture of a finfan long ago scraping the snow off of his car. That's him. He's from Rochester :scratch: talk about being lost.

PhinPhreak
07-11-2003, 01:15 PM

Well actually they're really not for FB they are for the Wifes soaps :laughter:

PhinPhreak
07-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Yeah, right. Phreak lives in a trailer. Those t.v. are from a bar.

There was a picture of a finfan long ago scraping the snow off of his car. That's him. He's from Rochester :scratch: talk about being lost.

Damn JAF I came in peace don't make me have to smack you around here like I usually do :laughter:

I will be nice and let you keep your pride in front of all your Bills Buds.:shades:

OpIv37
07-11-2003, 06:30 PM
PhinPhreak- that setup rocks. I'd love to do something like that when I get the money.

I also have a Bills room but it doesn't have the TV in it and I'm sure my sports memorabilia collection is lacking compared to Tatonka's.

But I do get to watch my games in the comfort of my own home. Now if I could only figure out how to output my TiVo to my computer so I could burn VCD's of all the games....

PhinPhreak
07-11-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
PhinPhreak- that setup rocks. I'd love to do something like that when I get the money.

I also have a Bills room but it doesn't have the TV in it and I'm sure my sports memorabilia collection is lacking compared to Tatonka's.

But I do get to watch my games in the comfort of my own home. Now if I could only figure out how to output my TiVo to my computer so I could burn VCD's of all the games....

Thanks, it took a while to do.

Well it started when I got the first dish, everybody that came over on Sundays wanted to watch their teams, it was sort of fun making them do tricks to see who got to watch their team for the week, of course I made my brother in law (whos a diehard Bills fans) do the worst :laughter:

It's really not as expensive as it might seem anymore, dishes are pretty much free now.

It does really make it much more fun to be in a Fantasy FB league, but deos get confusing when one of us is watching a different game and Yells did you see that play :laughter: Plus it helps me keep tabs on the rest of the AFC East. The hardest part about the whloe thing was traingin my wife to cook for us all day.

Like I said Sunday Ticket is well worth it even with one TV.

PhinPhreak
07-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Justasportsfan has a setup something like this, although his is made up with a few etch-a-sketches and tupperware :laughter:

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 10:00 PM
That is my dream living room during football. Great setup dude :up:

The_Philster
07-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
That is my dream living room during football. Great setup dude :up:

But get rid of those goofy-looking white helmets on top of the setup :puke:

PhinPhreak
07-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

But get rid of those goofy-looking white helmets on top of the setup :puke:

:laughter: You need to have them it makes the reception better. Otherwise you just get a picture with a lot of snow, like this one Sunday last Novemeber right in the middle of the Fins-Bills game they must of stopped working all I could see was a bunch of snow and occasionaly a player or two.

The_Philster
07-11-2003, 10:37 PM
:laughter: You need to have them it makes the reception better. Otherwise you just get a picture with a lot of snow, like this one Sunday last Novemeber right in the middle of the Fins-Bills game they must of stopped working all I could see was a bunch of snow and occasionaly a player or two.

:lol: Try sitting in that for 3 1/2 quarters

OpIv37
07-11-2003, 11:46 PM

The hardest part about the whloe thing was traingin my wife to cook for us all day.

Despite the fact that you're a dolphins fan, I have to give you props on this as well- I'm sure I'll have my TV setup one of these days, but I don't think I'll ever accomplish that feat.