PDA

View Full Version : Manti Te'o Scrapes Together $5,000 For Combine Fee

BLeonard
03-01-2013, 06:17 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/manti-teo-scrapes-together-5000-for-combine-fee,31447/

With the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine drawing to a close, linebacker Manti Te’o confirmed Tuesday that he had managed to scrape together enough money to pay the $5,000 fee to participate in the event. “The guy on the phone told me my results wouldn’t count unless I paid the registration fee, so I made sure to get him that money as soon as I could,” the former Notre Dame football standout told reporters, adding that his Western Union wire transfer to Flex-Trak OKK Offshore Holdings, Ltd. ensured him free access to each of the combine performance tests, as well as “Premier Elite” admission to Lucas Oil Stadium.

Te’o admitted that registering for the combine had depleted a significant portion of his savings, the star linebacker said that his finances were in good shape, as he recently received an unexpected e-mail informing him that he had inherited a sizable sum of money from a long-lost Nigerian uncle.

Maybe I'm a bad person, but this is hilarious...

-Bill

Slim
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Awesome

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2013, 10:23 AM
his finances were in good shape, as he recently received an unexpected e-mail informing him that he had inherited a sizable sum of money from a long-lost Nigerian uncle.

What a weird coincidence! I too recently discovered I have an uncle like that too! Also in Nigeria no less!

NOT THE DUDE...
03-02-2013, 11:21 AM
what?

Parzival
03-02-2013, 11:16 PM
what?

Making fun of Te'o's naivety...you know, being duped by the fake online girlfriend thing.

Skooby
03-02-2013, 11:33 PM
I still don't get the joke because Te'O is one.

DynaPaul
03-03-2013, 07:58 PM
God this guy is such a Gomer Pyle.