• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

SJ Trying To Recruit FA's

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: SJ Trying To Recruit FA's

At this point, I'd take Stevie over Buddy as GM. Why not? At worst, it's a lateral move.

I never thought I'd reach a point where I missed Tom Donahoe or Marv Levy. But here I am.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Stevie has replaced Nick Barnett as the Bills recruiter.

Comment

• ThunderGun
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
        At this point, I'd take Stevie over Buddy as GM. Why not? At worst, it's a lateral move.

I never thought I'd reach a point where I missed Tom Donahoe or Marv Levy. But here I am.
        Oh come on.....Buddy is still better than Marv.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

I just don't think we will go the FA route for a WR. The money will be big and we can get the type of player Nix wants from the draft... Patterson, Hunter, Woods.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Man I would Love to see Bowe in Buffalo. If not him or Wallace I say draft 1 or 2

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2010

if we get bowe, then we need to draft geno or wilson at 8

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                I just don't think we will go the FA route for a WR. The money will be big and we can get the type of player Nix wants from the draft... Patterson, Hunter, Woods.
                I think they'll make WR a priority in free agency and the draft. If they're not bringing back Jones or Nelson they need to add a couple players and I don't really see Graham being one of the top 3 guys. I don't expect a top tier FA, but I expect them to sign someone that could at least be a decent #2. Then still use an early pick in the draft. It sounds like ultimately, they would like to be able to use Stevie in the slot more.

I just don't think they would let both Jones and Nelson go if they didn't have a player or two in free agency that they were targeting as upgrades. If they head into the draft with only Stevie and TJ Graham as legit options at WR, they're not really leaving themselves much flexibility and could still miss out on the guy they want.

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

No to Bowe, too many drops, too expensive.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                    I think they'll make WR a priority in free agency and the draft. If they're not bringing back Jones or Nelson they need to add a couple players and I don't really see Graham being one of the top 3 guys. I don't expect a top tier FA, but I expect them to sign someone that could at least be a decent #2. Then still use an early pick in the draft. It sounds like ultimately, they would like to be able to use Stevie in the slot more.

I just don't think they would let both Jones and Nelson go if they didn't have a player or two in free agency that they were targeting as upgrades. If they head into the draft with only Stevie and TJ Graham as legit options at WR, they're not really leaving themselves much flexibility and could still miss out on the guy they want.
                    I just wonder who it could be. If they go after Bowe or Jennings they will pretty much need to use most of their cap room to shop for FA's and it may be there only move. If they don't were talking about players who won't be much of an upgrade. It's an expensive position to shop for in FA.

Yet the draft features guys that are big and athletic and will be pretty cheap.

Comment

• fluteflakes
                      • Jan 2013

I really, really, REALLY want Markus Wheaton in a Buffalo Bills jersey. But I don't think we sign one of the "name" wideouts. Too much cap eaten away at that could be used to fill depth. I think we finally go into this draft and pick up one or two guys, and maybe bring in a Barden or someone like that who can be our redzone threat. Because god knows we need a redzone guy.
                      Last edited by fluteflakes; 03-02-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                        Part of me agrees but WR's are notorious for doing little year 1. I'd still like another hands Vet like Hartline.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• JoeMama
                          Emotion Sickness
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by ThunderGun View Post
                          Oh come on.....Buddy is still better than Marv.
                          Not in the win/loss column where it counts.

I like Nix's personality. Good guy. Definitely an awful GM though.

He hired an even worse coach than Levy. He refused to draft a QB of the future for 3 whole years. The Bills have the worst record with him at the helm.

Anyone who says Nix isn't the worst GM we've had in 13 years is just being a homer. This man defines incompetent.
                          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                            Not in the win/loss column where it counts.

I like Nix's personality. Good guy. Definitely an awful GM though.

He hired an even worse coach than Levy. He refused to draft a QB of the future for 3 whole years. The Bills have the worst record with him at the helm.

Anyone who says Nix isn't the worst GM we've had in 13 years is just being a homer. This man defines incompetent.
                            Meh, I dunno. Gailey was a bad hire, but I think Nix's personnel acquisitions have been positive.

Just IMO, obviously, but I'm comfortable with the way Buddy has handled the first round picks, at least. I liked the Gilmore and Dareus picks, and although I wasn't thrilled with Spiller it may turn out to be the best one he made. Say what you want about the rest of the draft and some of the puzzling moves/picks he made, but at least we broke the cycle of Maybin over Orakpo, McKelvin over Clady/Flacco, Lynch over Revis, Whitner and McCargo over Ngata and Mangold, etc, ad nauseum.

The roster is better, even if the coaching has been worse.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              Meh, I dunno. Gailey was a bad hire, but I think Nix's personnel acquisitions have been positive.

Just IMO, obviously, but I'm comfortable with the way Buddy has handled the first round picks, at least. I liked the Gilmore and Dareus picks, and although I wasn't thrilled with Spiller it may turn out to be the best one he made. Say what you want about the rest of the draft and some of the puzzling moves/picks he made, but at least we broke the cycle of Maybin over Orakpo, McKelvin over Clady/Flacco, Lynch over Revis, Whitner and McCargo over Ngata and Mangold, etc, ad nauseum.

The roster is better, even if the coaching has been worse.
                              But Buddy caved when
                              1. Gailey threw all his support behind Fitz
                              2. Gailey refused to consider anyone else, even when things went bad after that foolish Fitz contract. See the healthy scratch of TJax every game.

Now he's trying too hard to find a QB within a very average QB class to save his tarnished legacy and could even make this worse, with so many other holes and actual quality showing in some of those holes (OL to replace Levitre,CB,LB,TE,WR and more)

Comment

Working...
                              X