PDA

View Full Version : This was one of, if not the best win of the year

Cali512
03-02-2013, 05:24 PM
This is exactly what we need our future to look like. I saw smart playing today for ****in once in 3 years, Gerbe looked great. I think hes blossuming under Rolston which is good. Porter will be a good player, he plays alot like Hodgson, and he wins alot more faceoffs. Kaleta and Ott make me proud of this team even in losses. They dont play dirty, just really physical, and draw so many penalties and get under the skin of players. Both can kick some ass. We definitely needa move on from Scott being in the line up. That was another Ruff blunder that i think he wanted a replacement for Peters. I think were better with our team, because our enforcers also are not a weakness on the offensive end. For god sakes, how many enforcers really play on the 1st or 2nd line in OT? So really, no need for someone that doesnt hit amazing, doesnt shoot/pass/control/ or play defense well, and has gone down like a ton of bricks in some recent fights. Miller is so weird. He seems to get sloppy after WE SCORE. Anyone notice how every tying goal seems to happen within 5 mins of our goal? But hes been doing good so far.

I really see Porter, Gerbe, Ennis, Foligno, Hodgson, Grig, Kaleta, and Ott taking over this team, and we finally have more insite of the future. Flynns a posibility also, he made alot of good plays.

I can see Stafford being scratched for a period for Flynn, hes playing terribly

Myers is playing horrible, and i didnt watch his rookie season, so all ive seen since i started watching again has been Myers slow, wimpy 6-8 frame do nothing but pass it to the opponent in our zone and run full speed at a player, only to stop and try taking the puck like hes some 5-5 midget (yes, im making a point here). Also why does our top 2 players take the most rediculous penalties? Vanek and Ehroff. It seems like they either ruin our Powerplay, or end up in the box when were down by a goal with under 2 mins left. Webber and Pardy look very good imo this year, and I think there going to be a big part of the future also. Reghier is probably gone after this year, but he hasnt been as bad as recent memory.

All in all, i have noticed a steady increase since Rolston got here. It seem like we got even worse his first couple of games, but since then our team has been playing alot smarter and controlling the puck a helluva lot better than when Ruff was here. We seem to do passes and his lines actually make sense! Im not like wtf is Scott Gerbe and Hecht on a line. Now each line has a PF, a playmaking center, and a shooter.

Foligno, Hodgson, Pom- PF, C, S
Gerbe, Ott, Ennis- This line has gerbe and ennis who are both C and shooters
Porter, Kaleta, Flynn- C PF and PF/S
Grig, Hecht, Stafford- Hecht shouldnt be on this team at all, but Staffords a shooter, while Grigs a playmaker nd PF

Skooby
03-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Ott plays real angry, reminds me of Dale Hunter. I hated that F-er because I knew he'd bring it raw every night. Looking back, Dale was a great player.

SabreEleven
03-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Ott plays real angry, reminds me of Dale Hunter. I hated that F-er because I knew he'd bring it raw every night. Looking back, Dale was a great player.

Occasionally.

SkateZilla
03-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Anyone know what miller was sayin to Henrique?

Cali512
03-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Occasionally.

I hope this wasnt a stab at Otts toughness. Maybe he doesnt always play angry, but he always plays with intensity and grit. So i guess thats like, he normally plays steamed but yesterday played angry?

gebobs
03-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Anyone know what miller was sayin to Henrique?

You up for some wings?

Mski
03-04-2013, 09:14 AM
reminds me more of Barnaby