PDA

View Full Version : Doing a fantasy offseason on a different site

gonzo1105
03-03-2013, 09:45 PM
I just wanted to get your opinions on me being the Bills GM so far. Its an entire offseason with 3 waves of Free Agency and a full 7 round mock draft.

I first released Chris Kelsay(before he retired), Terrence McGee(again before he was released)

I first tendered David Nelson the 1.3 million qualifying offer(something the Bills didn't do)

I then franchised tagged Jairus Byrd and we had to do a blind bidding on free agents. In the first wave of free agency I re-signed Andy Levitre(5 years 36 million), Chad Rhinhart(1 year 1 million), Leodis McKelvin(3 years 9 million)

I then took on some Jets castoff as I signed SS Laron Landry (3 years 15 million), LB Calvin Pace(2 years 6 million), DT Mike DeVito(2 years 5 million), and WR Kevin Walter(3 years 6 million)

Then in the 2nd wave of Free Agency I released K Rian Lindell and signed K Lawrence Tynes (2 years 2 million)

Now for the Draft: We are through my first 4 picks and you'll probably be shocked at where I decided to go as its quite different than what the Bills have been projected to take.

In the first round, I wanted someone who could be a huge steal and be a force in the NFL. I took DE/OLB Ezekial Ansah from BYU in round one. Jordan and Geno Smith were off the board and Ansah has unlimited upside.

In the 2nd round a slew of WR's went right before me, and I decided to take TE Zach Ertz from Stanford at 41 as the replacement for Chandler.

In the 3rd round, I decided to trade up from 71 to pick # 66 to make my move on a quarterback because I knew it was coming. At pick 66, I selected QB Matt Barkley from USC

In the 4th round, I was ready to take a gamble on WR Da'Rick Rogers but he went right before me at the end of round 3. I decided to trade up again to pick 98 to again select a Tight End, this time Jordan Reed from Florida.

I have one pick remaining in the 6th round and will probably take the best ILB available...im hoping for A.J. Klein.

I just thought i'd share but I decided to go with the two TE's because they both are great receiving tight ends that can stretch the field for Steve Johnson and wouldn't have to reach for a WR

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2013, 10:00 PM
What did you have to give up to get Barkley? Because otherwise I think you've done a great job on offense. Ansah and Williams had better get to the QB a LOT though, because our cornerbacks are thin thin thin.

gonzo1105
03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
For Barkley, to move up from 71 to 66 cost me my 5th round pick, but I regained the Raiders 6th round pick. In the 4th round, I thought Reed was great Value and moved from 105 to 98 using the 6th round pick that I got from the Raiders. So my last pick I believe is like # 175. I forgot to mention, I also released Brad Smith

YardRat
03-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Your FA acquisitions and re-signings have put you way over the cap and you don't have any money left for draft picks or the rest of the season.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Your FA acquisitions and re-signings have put you way over the cap and you don't have any money left for draft picks or the rest of the season.

Not necessarily. He just showed years and money, we don't know how these contracts are structured. Take Joe Flacco's mega-deal, it's listed as a "$120 million" contract but guess what his cap number is this season?

$6.8 million. That's right, less than Fitzpatrick's.

YardRat
03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Not necessarily. He just showed years and money, we don't know how these contracts are structured. Take Joe Flacco's mega-deal, it's listed as a "$120 million" contract but guess what his cap number is this season?

$6.8 million. That's right, less than Fitzpatrick's.

True, the #'s on the signing bonuses and salaries would create a tighter #.