PDA

View Full Version : Ramses Barden

Mahdi
03-04-2013, 12:03 PM
I think the Bills should take a good look at this kid in FA. I think he will bust out if given a starting role. He was stuck behind two PBers plus a productive TE in NY but when he got his only start of the season he was good.

He's 6'6 224 which fits Nix's need for a big receiver. Add another kid through the draft and we can have a nice mix in the receiving corp.

Slim
03-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I would not be shocked at all if we brought him in. I remember him dominating a Thursday night game against Carolina earlier this year. I used to watch him when he was at Cal Poly, he's quite a specimen.

Skooby
03-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Heck yeah, nothing wrong with a look.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Sign him to a 100 million dollar contract pronto!

stuckincincy
03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Why would somebody name their kid after an old brand of rubbers? :duh:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OLD-STOCK-RARE-VINTAGE-RAMSES-CONDOMS-RUBBERS-BOX-OF-12-EA-ENVELOPES-/110822768630

IlluminatusUIUC
03-04-2013, 01:05 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OLD-STOCK-RARE-VINTAGE-RAMSES-CONDOMS-RUBBERS-BOX-OF-12-EA-ENVELOPES-/110822768630

Because it broke just that one time?

stuckincincy
03-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Because it broke just that one time?

That would be a memorable moment...

fluteflakes
03-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Big full bodied red zone guy with a ton of upside we could land on the cheap? Can't see why not.

stuckincincy
03-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Teyo Johnson, Mk. II.

Bill Cody
03-04-2013, 01:22 PM

Big full bodied red zone guy

YardRat
03-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Barden and Murphy from Carolina are two guys I would target.

Night Train
03-04-2013, 03:32 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/free-agent-wide-receivers/

ServoBillieves
03-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I wanted Barden on the team out of college. The sheer size of the guy always felt like that "Throw it in the air and he'll nab the jump ball" type of guy.

Saw he's had some success in NY, would love him in a Bills uni.

BillsFever21
03-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I'd take him if the price is right. Maybe around 4 million a year. Hell we paid that much for a bum like Brad Smith. Why the hell is he even still on the roster? Get rid of him already.

more cowbell
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
I'd be fine with him on the roster. Maybe we can finally cut Brad Smith...

BillsFever21
03-04-2013, 05:37 PM
I'd be fine with him on the roster. Maybe we can finally cut Brad Smith...

We can get rid of Brad Smith rather we got somebody else like Barden or whoever. What does Brad Smith contribute to the team that a 6th or 7th round draft pick couldn't? Either that or a #4WR on the roster. Outside of being able to stash him as an emergency QB that is it and we're paying him 4 million a year to run a WC play maybe a couple times a game on average and maybe catch a few passes every now and then.

As far as playing the emergency QB role if it ever got to the point that we had to insert him into the lineup then we're already screwed to begin with and it wouldn't matter. Does anyone really think he could run an offense and win some games? Not a chance in hell.

SABURZFAN
03-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I'd take him if the price is right. Maybe around 4 million a year. Hell we paid that much for a bum like Brad Smith. Why the hell is he even still on the roster? Get rid of him already.

$4 million a year for 29 career receptions is not the right price.

BillsFever21
03-04-2013, 06:05 PM
$4 million a year for 29 career receptions is not the right price.

That is hardly anything nowadays. It's not like it would be a guaranteed 4 million a year and would be the top end of it. He would be getting paid on what his future potential and role with the team could be which would be somewhere between 3-4 million. This year's cap hit would be 2 million at the most.

That's about what he will get somewhere else. Even Brad Smith cost that much a few years ago along with Roscoe Parrish. A contract for around 4yr-14-16 million with around 4-5 million of guaranteed is what he would command on the open market. If he didn't perform then he would cost a couple million a year at the most without reaching incentives. In today's NFL that's not very much and there wouldn't be any long-term commitment with him if he didn't perform. It's not much guaranteed money and the rest would depend on performance. Just the vet minimum is around 700k.

He played well when Nicks was out of the lineup and had a chance to start and somebody will give him that money not unless he signed a one year deal in hopes of increasing his value after that.

coastal
03-04-2013, 06:17 PM

The Jokeman
03-04-2013, 09:48 PM
I wanted Barden on the team out of college. The sheer size of the guy always felt like that "Throw it in the air and he'll nab the jump ball" type of guy.

Saw he's had some success in NY, would love him in a Bills uni.

Some success? The guy has put up worse numbers than Donald Jones in his career. He's a one game wonder. If we want to improve our #2 WR spot I think Brandon Gibson has shown he can start in St Louis. Is he Dwayne Bowe or Greg Jennings? Nope but still a very solid guy who won't break the bank. Very similar to Robert Meachem last offseason as not high on most teams radar but think if target him alone we might be more apt to woe him than consider him a third wheel to a Mario Williams date.

The Jokeman
03-04-2013, 09:50 PM
That is hardly anything nowadays. It's not like it would be a guaranteed 4 million a year and would be the top end of it. He would be getting paid on what his future potential and role with the team could be which would be somewhere between 3-4 million. This year's cap hit would be 2 million at the most.

That's about what he will get somewhere else. Even Brad Smith cost that much a few years ago along with Roscoe Parrish. A contract for around 4yr-14-16 million with around 4-5 million of guaranteed is what he would command on the open market. If he didn't perform then he would cost a couple million a year at the most without reaching incentives. In today's NFL that's not very much and there wouldn't be any long-term commitment with him if he didn't perform. It's not much guaranteed money and the rest would depend on performance. Just the vet minimum is around 700k.

He played well when Nicks was out of the lineup and had a chance to start and somebody will give him that money not unless he signed a one year deal in hopes of increasing his value after that.

Smith and Parrish at least proved to be elite returnman which is something Barden hasn't shown and I am willing to bet that Smith and Parrish had a better receiving record than Barden did.

BillsFever21
03-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Barden was stuck behind Pro Bowl WR's in NY and never really had a chance to play. You have to get on the field to have a chance to play. He would be a decent prospect to bring in and try out. We're not going to get any top notch WR's in FA and we need a ton of them. These are the kinds of guys they need to look at.

The Jokeman
03-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Barden was stuck behind Pro Bowl WR's in NY and never really had a chance to play. You have to get on the field to have a chance to play. He would be a decent prospect to bring in and try out. We're not going to get any top notch WR's in FA and we need a ton of them. These are the kinds of guys they need to look at.

The guy was two years into his NFL career when he was beat out by Victor Cruz as an undrafted free agent to start two years ago. He was also buried behind just a guy in Domenik Hixon (also known as the guy who ended Kevin Everett's career). Heck the Giants even drafted Randle out LSU in Round 2 last year which tells me how much faith that had in Barden. Sorry, I don't buy the hype on Barden. If you want to bring in a lesser free agents I think like Brandon Gibson or Mohamed Massaquoi or Louis Murphy should be on your list before Barden.