PDA

View Full Version : Kaleta gets 5

DetDannyWilliams
03-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Sabre F Pat Kaleta has been handed a 5-game suspension for hitting Ranger F Brad Richards from behind

Brendan Shanahan stated that, while the hit was not hard, the position of Richards in respect to the boards made the hit dangerous and illegal. The fact that Kaleta was a repeat offender also was taken into account.

http://www.wgr550.com/Patrick-Kaleta-Suspended-5-Games-for-Hit-on-Brad-R/15710843

SpillerThrills
03-04-2013, 04:33 PM
yet nothing on the hit on Ennis....

Skooby
03-04-2013, 05:19 PM
In a shortened season, this is like a 9 game suspension. Absolute F-in joke.

OpIv37
03-04-2013, 05:50 PM
yet nothing on the hit on Ennis....
That's what pisses me off the most. I don't mind the suspension but I have to wonder why the discrepancy in punishment for two almost identical plays.

Crisis
03-04-2013, 05:55 PM
That's what pisses me off the most. I don't mind the suspension but I have to wonder why the discrepancy in punishment for two almost identical plays.

One guy had Kaleta on the back of his sweater.

Skooby
03-04-2013, 06:33 PM

The Rangers are NY's only NHL team, in the NHL's mind.

clumping platelets
03-04-2013, 10:32 PM
So the Flyers player gets 4 games for a deliberately launching himself into the head of another....Kaleta gets 5 for Oscar winning performance by Richards.......:penalty:

Shamahan :loser:

rbochan
03-05-2013, 07:16 AM
So when is the candlelight vigil for Brad Richards? Is he still in intensive care?

trapezeus
03-05-2013, 07:29 AM
regardless, kaleta has been so reckless in the past that he gets called for anything and everything. and that penalty directly resulted in a loss. two goals.

sure the team should be better than that, but they were in control prior to that goal. kaleta is a liability. if he scored a couple times and some of his penalties got the team going, it'd be great to have him. but at this point you have to be excited when he comes off the ice and isn't penalized.

SabreEleven
03-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Jason Peters is on WGR and he is PISSED about the suspension. He puts blame on Richard for putting himself in poor position and for flailing on the Ice. He is also pissed about Giriadi hit on Ennis, saying it was worst.

SkateZilla
03-05-2013, 09:00 AM
i wonder is Shanaban uses some dumb Ban Calculator software,

as soon as he selects buffalo as the team, it adds a 2x or 3x multiplier.

PTI
03-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Richards was ridiculous far away from the boards, I mean a whole bodies length, this is just crazy. Maybe even a more than a whole bodies length.

gebobs
03-05-2013, 09:09 AM
And one guy had "R A N G E R S" on the front and "Richards" on the back. The league couldn't give a rat's arse about Ennis.

gebobs
03-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Jason Peters is on WGR and he is PISSED about the suspension. He puts blame on Richard for putting himself in poor position and for flailing on the Ice. He is also pissed about Giriadi hit on Ennis, saying it was worst.
I had no idea he was still a fan since leaving the Bills.

Wait. Are we talking about the same guy?

gebobs
03-05-2013, 09:16 AM
kaleta is a liability. if he scored a couple times and some of his penalties got the team going, it'd be great to have him. but at this point you have to be excited when he comes off the ice and isn't penalized.
That's the skinny here. We can be pissed at the inequity of the penalties. But the fact remains that the Sabres had a PP and could have won the game. And everyone of us knows if Girardi had gotten a major, the Sabres probably wouldn't have scored anyway.

And Kaleta suspended 5 games? Meh. Don't care.

rbochan
03-05-2013, 09:25 AM
First released photo of Richards after the game:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qmzrTTW51rsrsg6o1_500.jpg