PDA

View Full Version : LB options on the team now

DesertFox24
03-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I personally think Kelvin Sheppard is a decent and solid starter no he is not a super star but how often are third rounders super stars....

I also did some looking and Nigel Bradham is faster 10 pounds lighter and only one inch shorter than anthony spencer.

I like Bradham makes sense as a WOLB in a 34 front and Sheppard as a SILB in a 34 front. I would then have Arthur Moats as a back up to SILB and both OLBs and Chris White as the back up for both ILB positions.

If I am the bills I go hard after another pass coverage ILB or the WILB and then look to draft another coverage guy maybe a smaller DE.

I could see Mario playing a end all the time and on passing situations maybe standing up and Mark Anderson being subbed in as a situational pass rusher. I would do something like below for base defense

RE- Mario Williams

NT- Kyle Williams or Marcel

LE- Marcel, Carrington, Williams no idea

SOLB - New player

WILB - New Player

SILB- Sheppard

WOLB- Bradham

Secondary is the secondary

Pass situations

1. Standing up Mario

2. Standing up Mark Anderson

3. DT - Marcel

4. DT- Kyle

4. DT - Carrington

6. WILB - New Player

7. WOLB - Bradham

Mark Anderson person could also be another coverage OLB as well, and yes 3 DTs to clog up blockers.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-05-2013, 12:38 PM
I personally think Kelvin Sheppard is a decent and solid starter no he is not a super star but how often are third rounders super stars....

I also did some looking and Nigel Bradham is faster 10 pounds lighter and only one inch shorter than anthony spencer.

I like Bradham makes sense as a WOLB in a 34 front and Sheppard as a SILB in a 34 front. I would then have Arthur Moats as a back up to SILB and both OLBs and Chris White as the back up for both ILB positions.

I think Bradham and Sheppard suffered from Wannestadt and Edwards, so I think they might still be salvaged into reasonable starters. Definitely need an upgrade and depth behind them though.

Pass situations

1. Standing up Mario

2. Standing up Mark Anderson

3. DT - Marcel

4. DT- Kyle

4. DT - Carrington

6. WILB - New Player

7. WOLB - Bradham

Mark Anderson person could also be another coverage OLB as well, and yes 3 DTs to clog up blockers.

Mark Anderson should not ever be playing pass coverage. Mark Anderson only does one thing - rush the passer on 3rd downs. Period. He does it pretty well, but any team that asks him to do any more is asking to get burnt.

As for this, I hope you're not suggesting we roll out in a 5-2 against a passing set. Any competent QB and several incompetent QBs would eat that alive.

Mahdi
03-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Im not so sure that we are really reverting back to 3-4. I like Bradham more as a 4-3 OLB and Carrington was just starting to find his place as a penetrating 3tech in a 4-3. You set a lot of guys back if you play too much 3-4. Even Kyle will suffer in a 3-4.

EDS
03-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Wow do the Bills need an infusion of talent at LB!!!

Jaybird
03-05-2013, 02:51 PM
we need 2 new startign LB. Sheppard hasn;t shown he can shed the block and make a play at the point of attack. Bradham has huge upside and showed some good things last season. The new coaching staff hopefully will get more form him. I liked sheppard coming out of LSU, but he hasn;t shown enough to man the middle. Without the MLB stuffing the A and B Gap the cut back run will be open all day for huge yardage

The Jokeman
03-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Bradham is the only LB on this roster I like as a starter. Shepperd was horrible at times last year, I will give him kudos for playing better at times last year but he just seems to slow to fill his gap or took the wrong angle time after time. I wouldn't mind him as a depth guy. I stated in other threads would love Ellberbe at MLB and go after DeAndre Levy at WLB and Bradham at SLB.

mjt328
03-05-2013, 03:02 PM
It's really hard to say. I don't think any of our linebackers played at an NFL level last year. None of them.

Maybe Sheppard and Bradham will get better with experience. But maybe they won't.
I would hate to count on either of them as starters next year, but it will be tough to replace all 3 starting spots - especially with holes all over the team.

better days
03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
I would not be surprised to see lights out on the team & getting snaps at LB next year.

YardRat
03-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I like what we saw out of Bradham last season...he's going to be a player.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I would not be surprised to see lights out on the team & getting snaps at LB next year.

LOL great timing

ParanoidAndroid
03-06-2013, 11:01 AM
A MLB in a 4-3 should be your leading tackler. How far down the list was Sheppard?

venis2k1
03-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Shepard was third on the team in tackles last year(with a fairly pathetic 80)...but to be fair, Barnett and Wilson were 1 and 2...both gone.