• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Who Bills Should Draft - Who They WILL Draft

Should be - One of the 3 stud LT's ( Fisher, Johnson, Joeckel )

Will be - Geno Smith

1st 6 selections won't be a QB.

Cards Arians reportedly looking hard at Barkley as his Andrew Luck. Bills make next pick. Nix wants to save face at all costs and Marrone needs a QB to get a proper start in the NFL. Plus Nix probably retires after draft, if allowed to select Smith.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Who Bills Should Draft - Who They WILL Draft

Geez, I hope not.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
      Should be - One of the 3 stud LT's ( Fisher, Johnson, Joeckel )

Will be - Geno Smith

1st 6 selections won't be a QB.

Cards Arians reportedly looking hard at Barkley as his Andrew Luck. Bills make next pick. Nix wants to save face at all costs and Marrone needs a QB to get a proper start in the NFL. Plus Nix probably retires after draft, if allowed to select Smith.
      I find it ironic that Johnson has been compared by NFL.com to Riely Reiff that we got lambasted a year ago discussing taking at pick 10. Yet you do make some good arguements of whom it should be as I admit I am still weary of Cordy Glenn as a long term answer at LT. In terms of the will be it's so hard to gauge as last year none of really thought Gilmore be the guy as he graded out as lower thought prospect and the need for CB wasn't overwelming. Yet as draft day got closer there was some speculation it could be him. I think if Geno Smith is there it likely will be him unless this team is enamored with someone like Manuel or Wilson or even Nassib that will likely slip to Round 2 thus leaving us with a slew of guys and right now.

Yet right now I think that discussion should be Geno Smith, Dion Jordan or Coradelle Patterson. Based on what have seen in the past Patterson and his SEC ties could be the pick yet the more I think the more I think Jordan might end up being the pick as the need for a LB is obvious as Jordan would be that flexible guy that Mike Pettine could could be that perfect tweener that give us a 4-3 or 3-4 look and cause mismatch problems if he's on the right (see weakside) of the offense and allow Mario to play left DE. Yet I think Patterson could be the choice too because we've done alot to open up a spot for a WR and not sure if any of the day 2 UFA options will give us what Buddy wants at WR and the thought might be we can find a 'tweener LB/DE later in the draft and we think it's more likely for us to sign a LB in UFA.
      Last edited by The Jokeman; 03-05-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Levitre is gone... Warmack should be the pick.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
          Levitre is gone... Warmack should be the pick.
          Dog chasing tail never let's you advance. You just end up running in circles and go no where. I'm all for letting Levitre walk if means grabbing a starting WR and LB in UFA but to me if Warmack is selected it only happens if we trade down. Ruben Brown who was arguably one of the best LG this franchise ever had was drafted 14th overall, Joe DeLamielleure, a HOF OG, was drafted 26th overall. OGs don't get drafted in the top 10 due to perceived value.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

I give a rat's ass about perceived value.

I'd draft Warmack and sign Loadholt and run the ****ing ball.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

I give a rat's ass about perceived value.

I'd draft Warmack and sign Loadholt and run the ****ing ball.
              Balance is the key to great offenses. Frank Gore and Ray Rice finished behind CJ in rushing yards last year and look where their teams ended up at seasons end.

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                Balance is the key to great offenses. Frank Gore and Ray Rice finished behind CJ in rushing yards last year and look where their teams ended up at seasons end.
                I'd also draft another RB in the mid rounds.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

I'd also draft another RB in the mid rounds.
                  Last edited by The Jokeman; 03-05-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Lolz
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by coastal; 03-05-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                      Dog chasing tail never let's you advance. You just end up running in circles and go no where. I'm all for letting Levitre walk if means grabbing a starting WR and LB in UFA but to me if Warmack is selected it only happens if we trade down. Ruben Brown who was arguably one of the best LG this franchise ever had was drafted 14th overall, Joe DeLamielleure, a HOF OG, was drafted 26th overall. OGs don't get drafted in the top 10 due to perceived value.
                      I have very similar reasoning for not wanting to draft a tackle either. When healthy, the Bills line was potentially dominating last season. We never actually saw that becauseErilk Pears and Chris Hairston were hurt virtually the entire season. Pears went on IR very early. Chris Hairston played for a decent chunk of the season, but he played hurt, and was therefore significantly less effective than he had been in 2011. There is no reason to think both will be hurt this coming season. If you draft a tackle then Cordy Glenn will presumably move out of the left tackle spot. Where he moves to depends on who you talk to. Daniel Jeremiah thinks he should move to right tackle. Others think he should move to left guard. He's capable of playing anywhere on the line besides center. If you do that, maybe your line ends up a little better, but it was already potentially very good, so how much better can it actually become. I'm of the opinion that your first round pick should turn a weakness into a strength if you're not very good to start with. The Bills' offensive line has not been a weakness for a couple years now, at least when healthy.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

It's impossible to do this without knowing who will actually be there. I wouldn't mind taking one of the Tackles and moving Glenn around. But if it's a Tackle or a guy like Dion Jordan, then I'm taking Jordan. If Jordan isn't on the board....see where I'm going with this.

Think they're going to take Patterson.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Why should the Bills draft a LT when they drafted a GOOD LT last year?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                            I have very similar reasoning for not wanting to draft a tackle either. When healthy, the Bills line was potentially dominating last season. We never actually saw that becauseErilk Pears and Chris Hairston were hurt virtually the entire season. Pears went on IR very early. Chris Hairston played for a decent chunk of the season, but he played hurt, and was therefore significantly less effective than he had been in 2011. There is no reason to think both will be hurt this coming season. If you draft a tackle then Cordy Glenn will presumably move out of the left tackle spot. Where he moves to depends on who you talk to. Daniel Jeremiah thinks he should move to right tackle. Others think he should move to left guard. He's capable of playing anywhere on the line besides center. If you do that, maybe your line ends up a little better, but it was already potentially very good, so how much better can it actually become. I'm of the opinion that your first round pick should turn a weakness into a strength if you're not very good to start with. The Bills' offensive line has not been a weakness for a couple years now, at least when healthy.
                            Yet that line has had a quality LG guy in Levitre there so the presumption is that we don't have Andy in the fold. So if we take a top LT talent it's obvious that Glenn would shift to LG. As he was projected there by most experts plus keeping him on the left side doesn't mess up his footwork etc as shifting from left side to right side or vice versa is no easy task. Then you leave Pears and Hairston to compete at RT where I think Pears wins handily as he started over Hairston in 2011.
                            Last edited by The Jokeman; 03-05-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              Why should the Bills draft a LT when they drafted a GOOD LT last year?
                              Because that Glenn might be an even better LG and the LT we draft could be better than Glenn was in 2012. Again maximize talent is never a bad idea on the O-line especially at the pivital LT spot.
                              Last edited by The Jokeman; 03-05-2013, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X