X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

NFL Network set to launch Nov. 4

The NFL Network will kick off on Election Day.

A 24-hour network dedicated to coverage of the league will launch on Nov. 4 at 8 p.m. EST with the broadcast of "NFL Total Access."

The one-hour live studio show, to be hosted by Rich Eisen, will serve as the network's flagship program. Eisen was previously an anchor for ESPN's "SportsCenter."

The start-up of the network, which is run by the NFL, will follow the ninth week of the season.

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • superbills
    • Mar 2003

Oh baby, I need to get DTV!
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

This will be interesting.

I'd like more info on programming- will they replay the previous week's game? If the Bills are in a good game, and there's 3 other fantastic finishes elsewhere on the diaL, I'd love to see them later- or get a shot at taping the Bills game if I'm travelling to the game itself.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

BTW- welcome back, Superbills! Long time no see!

Comment

• superbills
          • Mar 2003

Thanks D. Summer's a busy time at the grind. I'll get my priorities straightened out, though :) :hamrhed:
          "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
          Ronald Reagan
          40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• BillsFever
            Mr. Predictament
            • Feb 2003

I might have to get DirectTv just for this. I would probably never want to go to work during the football season anymore though.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

I was already thinking of getting a dish...since Time Warner screwed us over with making Empire a channel you have to pay through the nose to get. Here's another incentive.
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Judge
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                This will be interesting.

I'd like more info on programming- will they replay the previous week's game? If the Bills are in a good game, and there's 3 other fantastic finishes elsewhere on the diaL, I'd love to see them later- or get a shot at taping the Bills game if I'm travelling to the game itself.
                Exactly what I was thinking- I'd like to watch some other games in full later b/c I miss a lot when I'm sitting in the Stadium watching the Bills live.
                Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Did you guys ever watch Monday QB on ESPN News. From 12-4 every Monday they talk about football the whole time. It's a great show, makes me wish I didn't work on Monday's.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

I'm kind of disapointed that they aren't going live for opening day. It should be a great addition though. DTV already has the NBA and college channels which are pretty cool.

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
                      The Stoner Zoner
                      • Feb 2003

Directv is awesome i got 3 tvs set up in my living room just for football season so i can watch the Bills game and 2 other games im betting or on my football card.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                        Did you guys ever watch Monday QB on ESPN News. From 12-4 every Monday they talk about football the whole time. It's a great show, makes me wish I didn't work on Monday's.
                        I watched one of those monday ESPN shows last season I think it was on ESPN2 and Dennis Green was one of the hosts. There was a lot of analysis and they televised a great many of the teams monday press conferences live. I thought it was an excellent production and I have no idea why Dennis Green isn't coaching in Miami.

Comment

• Demon
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                          Yeah i watch it all the time. Last spring semester at college i got out of class at 1pm but usually she let us out early like 12:45ish, so i always watched from 1-4pm.

That was my favorite NFL show of the week, even though it wasn't truly a show. They had interviews with experts like John Claytoin, Len Pasquarelli and Chris Mortensen on topics concering the NFL, live press conferences from head coaches. Also they have all the stats, highlights and injury reports.

Plus, the hosts are good too. Dennis Green, Eric Allen and some ESPN guy i forget who, but they did a good job.
                          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BillsFever
                            Mr. Predictament
                            • Feb 2003

I knew knew about that show. I'm gonna have to check it out on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                            X