PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network set to launch Nov. 4

The_Philster
07-10-2003, 08:23 PM
The NFL Network will kick off on Election Day.

A 24-hour network dedicated to coverage of the league will launch on Nov. 4 at 8 p.m. EST with the broadcast of "NFL Total Access."

The one-hour live studio show, to be hosted by Rich Eisen, will serve as the network's flagship program. Eisen was previously an anchor for ESPN's "SportsCenter."

The start-up of the network, which is run by the NFL, will follow the ninth week of the season. ...

more (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/07/10/sports2010EDT0447.DTL)

superbills
07-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Oh baby, I need to get DTV!

Dozerdog
07-10-2003, 10:27 PM
This will be interesting.

I'd like more info on programming- will they replay the previous week's game? If the Bills are in a good game, and there's 3 other fantastic finishes elsewhere on the diaL, I'd love to see them later- or get a shot at taping the Bills game if I'm travelling to the game itself.

Dozerdog
07-10-2003, 10:28 PM
BTW- welcome back, Superbills! Long time no see!

superbills
07-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Thanks D. Summer's a busy time at the grind. I'll get my priorities straightened out, though :) :hamrhed:

BillsFever
07-10-2003, 11:17 PM
I might have to get DirectTv just for this. I would probably never want to go to work during the football season anymore though.

The_Philster
07-11-2003, 04:34 AM
I was already thinking of getting a dish...since Time Warner screwed us over with making Empire a channel you have to pay through the nose to get. Here's another incentive. :D

Judge
07-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
This will be interesting.

I'd like more info on programming- will they replay the previous week's game? If the Bills are in a good game, and there's 3 other fantastic finishes elsewhere on the diaL, I'd love to see them later- or get a shot at taping the Bills game if I'm travelling to the game itself.

Exactly what I was thinking- I'd like to watch some other games in full later b/c I miss a lot when I'm sitting in the Stadium watching the Bills live.

Patrick76777
07-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Did you guys ever watch Monday QB on ESPN News. From 12-4 every Monday they talk about football the whole time. It's a great show, makes me wish I didn't work on Monday's.

Historian
07-12-2003, 07:57 AM
I'm kind of disapointed that they aren't going live for opening day. It should be a great addition though. DTV already has the NBA and college channels which are pretty cool.

BillsFanInMass
07-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Directv is awesome i got 3 tvs set up in my living room just for football season so i can watch the Bills game and 2 other games im betting or on my football card.

Typ0
07-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Did you guys ever watch Monday QB on ESPN News. From 12-4 every Monday they talk about football the whole time. It's a great show, makes me wish I didn't work on Monday's.

I watched one of those monday ESPN shows last season I think it was on ESPN2 and Dennis Green was one of the hosts. There was a lot of analysis and they televised a great many of the teams monday press conferences live. I thought it was an excellent production and I have no idea why Dennis Green isn't coaching in Miami.

Demon
07-12-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

Yeah i watch it all the time. Last spring semester at college i got out of class at 1pm but usually she let us out early like 12:45ish, so i always watched from 1-4pm.

That was my favorite NFL show of the week, even though it wasn't truly a show. They had interviews with experts like John Claytoin, Len Pasquarelli and Chris Mortensen on topics concering the NFL, live press conferences from head coaches. Also they have all the stats, highlights and injury reports.

Plus, the hosts are good too. Dennis Green, Eric Allen and some ESPN guy i forget who, but they did a good job.

BillsFever
07-12-2003, 08:51 PM
I knew knew about that show. I'm gonna have to check it out on Monday.